Dragon Fin Soup Is Distilled Essence of RPG Grind

Dragon Fin Soup Is Distilled Essence of RPG Grind

A turn-based strategy RPG that understands why hardcore roguelike players grind out their victories - because in the end, it's all about the gameplay.

Read Full Article

"Dashing Shitboy hit Rim For 19 Damage"

Well, not interested in the game, but if that isn't one of the reviewer's character names then the developers get some props for that.

Zykon TheLich:

Well, not interested in the game, but if that isn't one of the reviewer's character names then the developers get some props for that.

And here I was wondering if anyone else was going to notice that. xD

OT: Gotta say I'm a sucker for strategic turn-based strategy RPGs...that combined with the art style - which I'm really liking from what I see in those screenshots - make me want to give this game a go. For now it'll go onto my wishlist as I'm so broke I can't even pay attention right now. :P

Zykon TheLich:

If I recall correctly from my recent (about 20 minutes ago) plays, Dashing Shitboy is a random amalgamated NPC mob's name and Rim is a random NPC that wanders maps "helping" you kill things, dressed up as Link but in blue and asking "Have you seen my bottle?"

There's also health potions that are labeled as Shiti and the flavor text says something to the amount of "Shit quality."

OT: Strange game, and its quite fun in a feeding the grindy RPG addiction some of us have. Not perfect but its good for it.

This is a cute game and i really appreciate the music, something hardly brought up in reviews. It is unique and matches the game's off-kilter artstyle and humour. The menu took some figuring out and isn't particularly intuitive. It is recommended to read the "read or die" menu option.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here