Honest Game Trailers: StarCraft II

StarCraft II

From the developers that made the same 3 games 5 different ways for the past 20 years comes the third version to a sequel to a sci-fi re-imagining of a fantasy RTS series.

Watch Video

"Protoss who are the Aliens from Signs"

No they are based on the aliens from Independence Day. They both have no mouths :P

Samtemdo8:
They both have no mouths :P

But how do they eat?

I really would have liked to play as Nova in Starcraft: Ghost :(

And I think the only reasonable thing to do after you've realized that you suck at regular Starcraft, is to play games in the Arcade instead of whining on the forums.

Sewa_Yunga:

Samtemdo8:
They both have no mouths :P

But how do they eat?

And I think the only reasonable thing to do after you've realized that you suck at regular Starcraft, is to play games in the Arcade instead of whining on the forums.

Well now you can play Nova in the upcomming DLC for Starcraft:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NImK4R5wEfg

As to how the aliens eat I don't know. Do they even have any orifices?

Samtemdo8:

Well now you can play Nova in the upcomming DLC for Starcraft:

That's still in RTS mode though, according to the trailer. Would be fun if it was in 3rd person though... Is 1st person even possible playable in that engine?

I don't think so. I wouldn't be surprised if they sustain themselves on some form of psionic energy. At least that would explain why you must construct additional pylons all the time.

Sewa_Yunga:

I don't think so. I wouldn't be surprised if they sustain themselves on some form of psionic energy. At least that would explain why you must construct additional pylons all the time.

They're solar powered.

Sewa_Yunga:

Well you can blame Blizzard for that one. SC:Ghost was slated to come out right during the peak of WoW's popularity, as such Blizzard had pretty much all of its resources focused on keeping that gravy train running.

As such they outsourced the SC:Ghost project to a 3rd party studio because they couldn't be arsed to make the game themselves. Things were going fine until during one progress check-in, Blizzard said "This isn't the game we were really hoping for" and scrapped the project. I'd imagine had they actually made the game themselves they would have gotten the game they were hoping for and we all could have experienced the SC universe from a 3rd person perspective.

The long and short of it is that the 3rd party studio was making more of a generic 3rd person shooter with some stealth elements, Blizzard was wanting a heavily stealth and infiltration based game along the lines of something like Metal Gear Solid.

Wait... the RTS genre is extinct? Since when?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here