Fallout 3: The Pitt Hands On at DICE

Fallout 3: The Pitt Hands On at DICE

The Steelers aren't the only awesomeness in The Pitt this winter.

Can't wait for it to come out!I really enjoyed operation anchorage it was however a bit short.

This sounds good but unfortunatly I am starting to lose faith in Bethedesa for the whole no DLC for PS3. >:(

We're in Maryland, not Virginia...it's all the same though :)

Yes, yes, and yes again. I now feel even more anxious given the one-month delay but I have a strong feeling this will be good. And I too liked Operation Anchorage despite the short length.

Also:

Were they able to take into account some of the user feedback for this DLC? "Not really. Not for this one. Broken Steel, the next one, yes. We got a lot of people saying they didn't want the game to end. Bethesda's games are usually still playable after the main storyline is finished, but we were sticking to the Fallout style of game.

Granted maybe sticking to the credo of Fallout 1 (i.e. you have X number of days to do Y and then Z) or Fallout 2 (game has a nadir point 13 years later or something) was probably not the best of ideas but at least they're learning from it and implementing changes, which I feel is the best new use for DLC.

Sounds good. I still haven't bought Operation: Anchorage though. I'm going to wait until all 3 come out, get a few MS points, and have one massively Epic playthrough.

AceDiamond:

Granted maybe sticking to the credo of Fallout 1 (i.e. you have X number of days to do Y and then Z) or Fallout 2 (game has a nadir point 13 years later or something) was probably not the best of ideas but at least they're learning from it and implementing changes, which I feel is the best new use for DLC.

Erm you do realise the whole Black Isle, Interplay then Bethedesa thing right? its a bit like taking the bayeux tapestry and sewing a pair of jeans to it and claiming it was there originally.

So all it is a big Paradise Falls? No thanks.

I still can't believe the game ended. This is one of those moments when I wish they hadn't been true to Fallout and had just given me Oblivion: After the Bomb. Oh well.

I'll still download it though, even I have to do a retroactive continuity adjustment.

Pittsburgh seems like the perfect city for a game like Fallout 3. I still say driving through one of those tunnels and seeing the city appear out of nowhere was the most breathtaking moment in my quasi-sheltered life.

As a Pittsburgher, I want to see my own stomping grounds a'filled with battle. It'd be a most amusing experience.

gstaff:
We're in Maryland, not Virginia...it's all the same though :)

Eep! Right. Maryland. Bethesda, Maryland. Doh.

I blame all the dry desert air. I'm from North Carolina, we roll along at a constant minimum of 50% humidity.

@Archon - Apparently, that's what the next DLC, Broken Steel, is.

The more "Oooh! Doomsday!" moments the better, frankly. :D

FalloutJack:
As a Pittsburgher, I want to see my own stomping grounds a'filled with battle. It'd be a most amusing experience.

I'm a native Pennsylvanian, and I always thought Pittsburgh was one of the most geographically awesome cities in the state. It's like someone founded a big city in the middle of the hilly woods by a river, and forgot to take the hilly woods down.

I just hope they accurately reflect how if you step off the shore at the Point, the Ohio River is like immediately ten miles deep. Supermutant whales, anybody?

...That you can ride on? Sweeeeet.

Is Anchorage the only DLC out yet?
I haven't played the game in a long while, and I'm sure that's a pretty lame questions :D

BUT THIS LOOKS AMAZING.

More awesome looking Gear for Fallout, Hopefully abit longer and more immersive than Ancourage though :)

Wait...what?

I must be missing something here.

I do hope they release all this in a non-"Games For Windows" package. I still refuse to buy these through that system because I feel like I'm sending Microsoft the message that their system isn't a load of brahmin-droppings.

Just going to wait till Bethesda releases all of this little DLC into one nice package at my local store =D

Already spending most of my free time replaying some old games (NWN 2 and even UT 3) with mods.

Spudgun Man:

AceDiamond:

Erm you do realise the whole Black Isle, Interplay then Bethedesa thing right? its a bit like taking the bayeux tapestry and sewing a pair of jeans to it and claiming it was there originally.

Ah so I take it you're one of the people who never downloaded the 1.1 patch for Fallout 1? No? Then hypocrisy.

And mostly I'm just waiting for the inevitable deluge of whiny punks who complained about the ending to complain about the new ending because...well people are never happy.

Ace, could you expand on that? I've played all three, well aware of the changing-hands of creators, and I find the games entertaining regardless.

Spudgun Man:
This sounds good but unfortunatly I am starting to lose faith in Bethedesa for the whole no DLC for PS3. >:(

ahhh, one reason i love the 360, besides, after playing it on the PC, you cant enjoy it on the console again [most of my weapons seem more accurate on the pc....]

AceDiamond:

Spudgun Man:

AceDiamond:

Ah so I take it you're one of the people who never downloaded the 1.1 patch for Fallout 1? No? Then hypocrisy.

And mostly I'm just waiting for the inevitable deluge of whiny punks who complained about the ending to complain about the new ending because...well people are never happy.

\

The ending was a shocker, expecting to somehow survive it. i even played through 8 more times just to see if there was a way to survive it [including donning a enviro-suit and popping so many Rad-x's i could of od'ed right there]. it might cheapen the whole story, but i was sad when i wasnt able to join the BoS or the outcasts....

Oh, on this, I thought up a funny little way to bring back the Lone Wanderer, but just for kicks.

You take a sample of his DNA to the Vault with the Gary clones and use the cloning machine to remake him. This would work, but the unfortunate side-effect is the creation of 10,000 Gary clones ahead of him, making it possible for the Capital Wasteland to have Gary Stampedes!!

Spudgun Man:

I agree.. Bethesda can go eat something radioactive! Not even willing to fix the flaws and bugs that is in the main game either, for the ps3..
Yes, i find that aggrevating and it pisses me off big time..

iiiiiiiiiiim loocking forward too this :D

Galaxy613:
So all it is a big Paradise Falls? No thanks.

i liked paradise falls. i killed every1 there and suddenly i was really nice ^^(i also had to take several trips back to town to sell all the armor and weapons i got :D)

i like th look of this one.
i loved operation anchorage, because it gae me the opertunity to go absolutly nuts and kill everything.
that and i got a kick-ass set of armour, and the Gauss Rifle at the end of it

Ah, some DLC that isn't just shooting through corridor environments. Looks great. Love the look of the buildings and the area.

FalloutJack:
Oh, on this, I thought up a funny little way to bring back the Lone Wanderer, but just for kicks.

You take a sample of his DNA to the Vault with the Gary clones and use the cloning machine to remake him. This would work, but the unfortunate side-effect is the creation of 10,000 Gary clones ahead of him, making it possible for the Capital Wasteland to have Gary Stampedes!!

Haha that could possibly be the most hilarious thing I would ever see, my corpse being trampled to gibs accompanied by the soundtrack of 10,000 Gary's saying Gary in various tones of voice

1. The gary's creeped the shit out of me, the hallucinations were not funny, I thought my game glitched out.
2. This should be good, it seems not to follow anchorage, which sucked hard.

Archon:
I still can't believe the game ended. This is one of those moments when I wish they hadn't been true to Fallout and had just given me Oblivion: After the Bomb. Oh well.

I was well-prepared for a game end - I was more disappointed with the fact that I remember the ending of the original Fallout very well, and it's one of my very favourites.

Holy crap! A whole effing city! Finally a true expansion! Well not to say that Anchorage was bad... I guess it really was what it was meant to be, a matrix style shoot-em-up! and the rewards were neat. I just hope they would release more DLCs, because I know that after playing through all 3 of them I will feel empty inside, exactly like I felt after beating Shivering Isles :(

Well anyways I can't get enough of Fallout 3 and I sooo look forward to this <3

FalloutJack:

That's exactly what I was thinking too.
Last I saw, my character was a pile of ashes, so they can't exactly give me radaway and Moria's Brhamin Milk concoction; I don't have a mouth anymore.
That is a scary proposition, waking up in a cloning lab and having to fight through a mob of Garys. I think that was a deleted scene in Being John Malkovitch.

I too will be waiting for the whole shebang to go on a GOTY ed for PC if it improves vastly beyond the rather uninspired Op Anchorage.

I have it for the PS3 but it is clear they want to annoy PS3 users otherwise why would they patch out the rather trippy benign glitches and Not fix the really frustrating game freezing/hard shutdown glitches. The DLC not going to the PS3 doesn't even bother me that much (I never buy DLC and I'm more interested in mods and the user made GECK projects anyway)but I guess it shows what side of their bread is buttered.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here