The Escapist Presents: Victory at Planetside

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Victory at Planetside

A report on the great battle between our Escapist bretheren and the evil forces of Rock Paper Shotgun, and Boing Boing Offworld.

See the details of the Planetside war here.

Watch Video

Brilliant video and ahh fun times

Awesome video, loved the old school style. The ending was definitely awesome :P

I laughed quite a bit at the overview, I wasnt joined up with the escapist at the time of the planetside war, and this video makes me sad that I was not apart of all the action. Hopefully I will join the next escapist sponsered event.

-This-is-Hip-Hop

"We are the Escapist, and we have issues!"
Maybe that should be our slogan?

ZeroMachine:

I second that motion.

WITH A VENGEANCE!! *throws a AK-47*

hahaha, my heart swells with Escapist Patriotism.

In the future I will teach children to fear the BoingBoing Menace. Also to duck and cover under their desks when they see the flash.

How nice. More Wars now. Please.

Awsome video, I wish I had joined the fight. Mabe next time.

Yay! I was hoping there was some video!

Of course, it is clearly all propagandist hogwash. ;D

ZeroMachine:

You may have seen us wearing these on The Escapist Show: http://www.splitreason.com/productdetail.php?id=574#

[/blatant merch plug]

Awesome. Out of interest, are you guys going to put up the unedited recordings at all?

Edit: and yes, you are seeing what you think you're seeing at 2:58. We had to adhere to rule 34.

Sorry I couldn't make it people.

Ahh I remember looking at this game on the shelf, all those years ago, and being unable to buy it due to lack of internet.

Maybe we should do something like this for another game? 2142 would be good, or maybe CoD4?

Or a HUGE CoH game! :D

So very, very awesome. And ponies. :)

Also, all voiceovers should be done like that in future.

We really do have issues.

Why don't we have a TF2 war?, it would go well with the old school style.

WOOO! Go Escapist!

Good job boys, just don't die in the next inevitable battle against whatever tyranny lies ahead of us.

CaptainCrunch:

ZeroMachine:

You may have seen us wearing these on The Escapist Show: http://www.splitreason.com/productdetail.php?id=574#

[/blatant merch plug]

... I want...

Holy crap, they actually said something about Planetside! I love that game!

Huzzah, the RPS menace has been halted, but for how long?...
by the way, we definitely should do more of these wars.

Hmm, Planetside looks interesting - I presume its good? Can it be ordered online? (I presume again finding a hardcopy in a retail outlet will be hard).

Anyway, congrats Escapist troopers! Let us plunder.... I mean, construct democracy!

For DEMOCRACY! For ESCAPISM! For WORLD CON...FREEDOM!

One day, all the tubes will belong to us!

Awesome times, awesome times indeed.

Hilarity.

We were THERE. On Old Oshur, you couldn't see the enemy, but you knew they were watching. It could drive a man insane, waiting, listening for some movement. We went from base to base, but the enemy would not appear. They knew the tension would drive us mad. They were right. Eventually the teamkilling began. Some of us were so far gone that we were laughing while we did it. (In truth, we were just bored and started blowing eachother up when the other people didn't show up, but I prefer my 'nam-esque version).

Well, as the old saying goes: "Dulce et decorum est pro Escapist mori."

Let's have another war. With more ponies though.

TF2 next. Pleeeeaaaaaase.

good thing I bought those war bonds!

and great vid

Viva la EScapist!!!!

What the hell kind of sights are rockpapershotgun and Boing Boing anyways, and, did they really stand a chance from the beginning?

Well, I just frequented over to the RPS forum, and I find that mixed in with the annoyance of losing, they also are pinning their blame on Planetside "Not being a good game" and with that kind of general attitude in the enemy ranks, it's no wonder that the Escapist won.

Huzzah! I would like to see a game on a console for the next war, as I have a Mac :(

bah, i never did enter the war, despite pledging my alligiance to the escapist armies...
am i going to be court-marshalled?

LOL I didn't even know The Escapist was in that Battle.
I know my Outfit was on Raid night Friday in the heart of it for TR's side.

Excellent comments, Doan!

I love the emoting toons for the quotes. Thanks Crunch/Joker!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here