The Escapist Show: Episode 17: LotR: Conquest

Episode 17: LotR: Conquest

An interview with the Director of LotR: Conquest and Russ dresses up like a hobbit, Jeff plays Aragorn and Julianne gets her sexy elf on.

This week's musical guest:

Ian Dorsch - "Escapist Show Theme"

Watch Video

Best part?

Kicking Frodo into Mount Doom?
Sauron shredding the Shire?
Or the new Sexy Elf Kingdom?

Hrrmmmmm...

Nice try... I found the script gag did feel a little too long... (Nice script though)

Also, am I the only one who thinks this game looks boring?

Man...it was COLD out there! Loved how the lightsaber and glowing Sting came together

That was pretty good, whats happened to the ZP preview? Still a good show though... scratch that... Its an awesome show. The game is awful however (in my opinion).

Spinwhiz:
Man...it was COLD out there! Loved how the lightsaber and glowing Sting came together

Hah, you guys were great. Buuut... don't give up the day jobs.

I don't really think that Julianne got into it, though. At least not as much as you might've liked!

I see that even the escapist is making fun of Christian Bale's nervous breakdown.

Danny Ocean:

Spinwhiz:

Hah, you guys were great. Buuut... don't give up the day jobs.

I don't really think that Julianne got into it, though. At least not as much as you might've liked!

What ... the poolside pics?? ;P No. No, I didn't get into that.

It WAS freezing. Actually, below freezing. But it was fun.

@root - The sexy elven kingdom really is quite awesome.

That was officially my favorite episode of TES ever.

Great show as always, but I still miss the older, longer format with more stuff!

Oh, a Christian Bale reference. Real topical. Whats next? A Clinton and Lewinsky gag? How Superman 64 bombed?

This movie as way better than the game. Funny.

Indigo_Dingo:
Oh, a Christian Bale reference. Real topical. Whats next? A Clinton and Lewinsky gag? How Superman 64 bombed?

Someone needs a nap.

Great show, the sexy elf kingdom was the best part.

Along with Verily.

I don't remember the ring being that big in the films...where did all these props come from?

carnkhan4:
I don't remember the ring being that big in the films...where did all these props come from?

The ring was one of the prop rings we made for Episode Seven: Sonic Unleashed, as for the weapons it was a collection from around the office.

Except the light saber. That wasnt a prop. It was real.

Slycne:
as for the weapons it was a collection from around the office.

Oh. Yeah. When the apocalypse comes (and it will!) The Escapist offices will be a safe house.

It's on my list of games to pick up which is getting really long now.

Indigo_Dingo:

Okay, even if the joke is a bit cliche by now, you have to admit Russ did a damn good job. Although he did miss the "You're a nice guy" line which was my personal favorite of the whole event.

Great show as always.

Andraste:

Slycne:
as for the weapons it was a collection from around the office.

Oh. Yeah. When the apocalypse comes (and it will!) The Escapist offices will be a safe house.

Yeah, I'm personally planning for that. It's kind of a hobby.

SirSchmoopy:
It's on my list of games to pick up which is getting really long now.

I thought it was supposed to be terrible. As in, has a lower score than Sonic Unleashed both on Metacritic and Gamesrankings.

And I give a shit about what reviewers say about games? As much as I hate the werehog parts of Sonic Unleashed, It was still a worth wild game that gave me hours of entertainment.

Conquest is Battlefield Two with lord of the rings characters. I go around killing things as hobbits and dwarves and collect points. Sounds like a good time to me.

Looks like a great game, though I will personally rent it the replayability seems pretty lapse to me. But the pre-interview dialouge was hilarious, I see great potential of these three in holywood, ever thought of doing "Saints Row?"

-This-is-Hip-Hop

As soon as I watched the bit where they showed you can play Saron and slaughter the Hobits at the Shire, I thought to myself, "These guys know what their audience wants."

I still enjoy watching these videos every week, so all I can say is keep up the good work.

The bad guy story line looks really sweet... but it makes me think, why would you ever play the good guy story line?

"Nice Ring" - LoL

Killing hobits hey....that sounds interesting...

SirSchmoopy:
And I give a shit about what reviewers say about games? As much as I hate the werehog parts of Sonic Unleashed, It was still a worth wild game that gave me hours of entertainment.

Conquest is Battlefield Two with lord of the rings characters. I go around killing things as hobbits and dwarves and collect points. Sounds like a good time to me.

The demo was great fun for a while, but then it just suddenly stopped being fun. Maybe the campaigns are better, but they probably wouldn't last long either. Also, my favorite class in the demo (archer) is apparently considered nooby, so whatcha gonna do?

Was kind of awkward hearing a preview about a game on the Escapist that already got a review on the Escapist, but otherwise it was a good episode.

The_root_of_all_evil:
Best part?

Kicking Frodo into Mount Doom?
Sauron shredding the Shire?
Or the new Sexy Elf Kingdom?

Hrrmmmmm...

Duh the sexy elves who watch Sauron shred the shire and kick Frodo into mount doom. See I combined all the parts you liked into one geekgasm.

Yay, I really prefer the parts before and after the review/interview regarding the game, i'm glad you've extended the length on this one a little.
Striking a perfect balance can't be far away, but you only have so much of an interview to work with.
Well done on all the "acted" parts so far though, I don't think there is one I haven't enjoyed.

it looks fun! (or at least better than ROTK, which sucked monkey tits, in my opinion)

I hate LoTR... But I'm getting this.
Whats more fun that killing them annoying hobbits >:)

Congradulations! You successfully made something that was worse than De-Rez. I hesitate to call it one of the worst things you've ever put up on your site, but only because you have another 16 episodes of this junk and I don't want any of them to feel left out.

People said that you couldn't put a terrible video up on The Escapist, but you proved those people wrong! Good job guys! Next week you should mention the lesbian scene in Mass Effect, but only if you can joke about it in a way that is a lot less funny than the million interpretations before you. I have no doubt that you can do it.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here