Zero Punctuation: Fear 2

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

mkxiii:

Knight Templar:

SICK0_ZER0:
"So far, only the Japanese has succeeded in creating a 'scary' game."

why was he banned 14 days for saying that?

If a video goes for five min, and you comment after 3 expect to get banned for a week or so.

that is actually retarded

Why?

If you didn't watch the video why are you commenting on it?

Fiskmasen:

You apparently operate in an alternate reality were Yahtzee's bullshit actually has implication. Kudos to you.

Well, no, his bullshit doesn't have implication. But neither does yours.

"-i love you daddy
-bend over"

ok this was one off the best reviews for a long time!
a world without Diablo2... no not a better world, better to joust ignore squeals.

God bless this review for the bit about open-ended endings made just for the purpose of having a sequel, because I'm getting sick of that.

SaineRaine, tony2077, and myself make 3 in the 9 pages of replies that noted the BG&E reference. It had a teaser trailer for BG&E2 (or at least a game with the characters) but it took our hope and disappeared.

Starcraft 2 isn't a sequel, it's 3 sequels and shows off of Activision's new "brand milking" plan. Believing in your own legacy kills sequels, and Starcraft 2 is starting to stink of that.

id software doesn't even write their own sequels any more. Now they just work on engines and contract Raven software to do the content.

Knight Templar:

mkxiii:

Knight Templar:

SICK0_ZER0:

If a video goes for five min, and you comment after 3 expect to get banned for a week or so.

Why?

i dont know, for reasons such as first impressions of how you think the review will play out, which you cant do if youve seen it, or i personally think saying something like "im glad he chose this to review" and then maybe intending to edit after seeing to elaborate is perfectly fine.

i just think that after seeing how other forums operate, this is a bit over the top

mkxiii:

Knight Templar:

mkxiii:

Knight Templar:

SICK0_ZER0:

Why?

i dont know, for reasons such as first impressions of how you think the review will play out, which you cant do if youve seen it, or i personally think saying something like "im glad he chose this to review" and then maybe intending to edit after seeing to elaborate is perfectly fine.

i just think that after seeing how other forums operate, this is a bit over the top

If somebody can't wait five munites before commenting it is their own fault. Yes they could edit or they could comment after they watch the review. One is bad, the other is good and its up to them.

The Carpenters quote at the end reminds me of Mirrormask, which , of course, had its share of creepy little girl(s). I think the reason no one ever cuts the little psychic monster girls' hair is because if you get that close to one of them some manner of creepy minion sneaks up behind you and snaps your spine like a giant stick of strawberry pocky.

I'd almost agree with the no sequels thing, except that would've meant no Baldur's Gate 2, and I don't want to live in that world. I STILL play that shit.

ItsAPaul:
I'd almost agree with the no sequels thing, except that would've meant no Baldur's Gate 2, and I don't want to live in that world. I STILL play that shit.

I'd be sad if Civilization hadn't made all the newer version of the game :P.

Then again I suppose its not that it is sequels moreso than just graphics upgrades.

mkxiii:

Knight Templar:

mkxiii:

Knight Templar:

SICK0_ZER0:

Why?

Or maybe other forums are operating a bit under the bottom?

a p3nis gun is a good idea

Probably already been said, but I just wanted to comment that I, too, feel more games need better/happy endings. I'm so sick of them making great games and then leaving it off with the idea for a sequal that will NEVER come. Yes, I'm looking at you, Beyond Good & Evil, just like Yahtzee is.

But more to the point, I'm sick of games that actually DO end on good notes, and then turn around and practically rape the main character and kill everyone they love in the sequal JUST so you can make a sequal. Actually, that's a really stupid way to start a storyline/series, too.

theultimateend:

ItsAPaul:

Then again I suppose its not that it is sequels moreso than just graphics upgrades.

mkxiii:

Knight Templar:

mkxiii:

Knight Templar:

SICK0_ZER0:

Why?

over the top is a relative term, therefore generated by comparing to the masses.

if every other forum ive been on would not ban for this, you cant say they are all doing it wrong.

i mean the people that got banned for the spiderman review made reasonable posts, its just mods going insane with a banhammer

mkxiii:

theultimateend:

ItsAPaul:

mkxiii:

Knight Templar:

mkxiii:

Knight Templar:

SICK0_ZER0:

Why?

over the top is a relative term, therefore generated by comparing to the masses.

if every other forum ive been on would not ban for this, you cant say they are all doing it wrong.

i mean the people that got banned for the spiderman review made reasonable posts, its just mods going insane with a banhammer

So if every other German were killing Jews you couldn't say that you didn't believe it was right?

Unfortunately when you start pulling numbers you get into a bit of a problem.

If we were to assume that how its done now is the best it'll ever be done, nothing would ever get better.

Complaints about sequels and not a single jab at the JRPG industry?

People enjoy sequels such as Halo 3, even F.E.A.R 2. Get over it. Having some sort of deluded elitism over it all just makes you seem like a dick, Yahtzee.

I didn't even laugh |:

wow... i didn't exactly find F.E.A.R 2 scarier than F.E.A.R because F.E.A.R when alma comes, there is no sound and you could imagine your own scary thoughts but F.E.A.R 2 are just some pop-ups of the adult alma which to me isn't exactly scary but annoying.

theultimateend:

mkxiii:

theultimateend:

ItsAPaul:

mkxiii:

Knight Templar:

mkxiii:

Knight Templar:

SICK0_ZER0:

Why?

So if every other German were killing Jews you couldn't say that you didn't believe it was right?

Unfortunately when you start pulling numbers you get into a bit of a problem.

If we were to assume that how its done now is the best it'll ever be done, nothing would ever get better.

worst analogy ever, firstly due to general scale and secondly due to the face that im pretty sure germany isnt everyone. when you make a relative view, you dont just take into account a load of people who have the same exact outlook due to one particular source, you take everyone into account, and im pretty sure there were more people not killing jews in the world than killing jews at the time when i think about it, so relatively speaking, the masses were morally correct.

I haven't played Fear 2 yet, but I personally liked the first one. Still made me practically piss my pants laughing.

I'm for that banning sequels just for the sake of having the game end to END the fucking game. I keep thinking they were done with Kingdom Hearts 2, but no there's more pointless backstory that Square believes we need to know so onward Birth By Sleep and 358/2 Days, and of course, 3.

After having completed the game on Normal, there is nothing more that I wish to do with it other than stash it away in the collection. Replay value, virtually nil.

This was one of the few ZPs that I found myself 100% in agreement with.

Oh how I pray and pray for no sequels, but that really doesn't stop any one time games to have no closure whatsoever. At least developers won't make the same sucky game over and over again until our heads explode

and I swear, I must find a guitar tab for the intro of ZP. One of the best theme musics ever anywhere

I love the way this guy announces all his videos, it's hilarious! I adore the figures and creative metaphors he uses to compare in such brilliant ways. I admire it indeed, and I thank you for giving us something to see during our free time. Pls keep it up

P.S.: And thanks fans that help pay him to do these videos and so forth...

~Ryan

RedPanda:
I love the way this guy announces all his videos, it's hilarious! I adore the figures and creative metaphors he uses to compare in such brilliant ways. I admire it indeed, and I thank you for giving us something to see during our free time. Pls keep it up

P.S.: And thanks fans that help pay him to do these videos and so forth...

~Ryan

Welcome. I see you're yet another person that Yahtzee has brought to the site, I was as well, at first. Here's hoping you get a look at the rest of the site (check out There Will Be Brawl, for instance), see you around!

Remind me not to go to the umbrella school of buisness

Soxfan1016:
Psh, Yahtzee's fantasy utopia would never succeed, too many brain-dead thirteen-year-olds

Exactly.

Just watched again. This is a classic.

Give up Half-Life 2? NO. FUCKING. WAY.

Never played FEAR 2, but this one is the best ZP so far (at Feb 2010).

a world without sequels wodnt that mean more shitting games because no one can use the same stuff that works its like introduching a family who ate nothing but chickin to vegies and fruit

I liked FEAR one where it kinda did a pattern Soldiers/Scary Girl/Soldiers/Scary Girl. Though in FEAR 2 it was somewhat the same except they added creatures into the mix and QTE, didnt do it alot and I didnt really get why they even needed it, could of just been a cutscene where the charater just got Alma off himself instead of you doing it. I still liked the game though and nice review as well.

okogamashii:
I haven't played Fear 2 yet, but I personally liked the first one. Still made me practically piss my pants laughing.

The way in which you could kill enemies was pretty funny. Second only to Timeshift as far as slow/stopping time mechanics go.

Does the Final Fantasy series count?

Sure, the end in increasing numbers, but every single story in each one ends completely, and has no connection to the ones before and after.

without sequels there would be no earthbound as it is known in japan as mother 2

I am totally a console gamer, and I picked up the original F.E.A.R. for the xbox 360 off of my friend a couple months back for about a buck and I have been playing it on occasion since then. I am definitely enjoying, but like Yahtzee mentioned in his Super Mario Galaxy 2 review, I don't want to play a new version of this same thing every couple of years, and from the sound of it, that's what I'd get from F.E.A.R. Extraction Point, F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate, F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin, and more than likely, F.3.A.R. when it comes out. And one more thing, while a lot of F.E.A.R. set-piece scares rely on you looking in a certain place at a certain time, a lot also don't, and the original did a good job a seamlessly merging actiony shooter gameplay with dark and scary moments, even if the genuine scares take a while to start being effective, at least there's no quick time events though.

Opacic:
Complaints about sequels and not a single jab at the JRPG industry?

People enjoy sequels such as Halo 3, even F.E.A.R 2. Get over it. Having some sort of deluded elitism over it all just makes you seem like a dick, Yahtzee.

I didn't even laugh |:

think of it like this, in a world without sequels, all ideas would have to be original, and because we would need everything to be original, games would be longer to fit the whole story into one package, fewer games would be released, but the extra content you would get from just one game would be well worth the fewer releases, and on that note, gamers could afford a higher percentage of games that come out, because let's face it, unless you're a major website with loads of staff doing this for aliving, you can't afford to buy every game that comes out, much less have the spare time to play them all.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here