Retro Gaming Is So 2008

Pages PREV 1 2

Vortigar:
The entire concept of Jeanne d'Arc having long hair, being encased in armor with moulded boobs flying all over the place with a flaming sword screeching like a banshee. The whole thing is just absurdist slapstick.

Maybe it's just the first time I'd seen something like this though. You expect it to happen with Asian priestresses or weird guys to whom all manner of magical powers were attributed to (Rasputin, Hanzo Hattori, Vlad the Impaler, Aleister Crowley, those types). D'Arc just never struck me as a character you could fit into that kind of magical superhero role. The girl was burnt at the stake for crying out loud. Though in retrospect I doubt it was the first time it happened in gaming and its defiantely not the last (Bladestorm anyone?).

Yeah, I agree but I still think there are some other characters who are more laughable than her, like Mudman.

The entire concept of Jeanne d'Arc having long hair...

Well... not really :) LOL When you said she was also worth a few giggles, I thought you could be referring to her baldness, that is the only thing I ever found funny about her. Maybe that was why J. Carn and anyone else refused to marry her, even when she pleaded... poor bald girl :( LOL!

Akira Kazama:

The entire concept of Jeanne d'Arc having long hair...

Well... not really :) LOL When you said she was also worth a few giggles, I thought you could be referring to her baldness, that is the only thing I ever found funny about her. Maybe that was why J. Carn and anyone else refused to marry her, even when she pleaded... poor bald girl :( LOL!

Huh? Bald? What version of WH was that then? WH: Perfect?

I only know her like this.
Historically Ms d'Arc is supposed to have short hair. She hid her gender for the most part and is often described as looking like a man or boy (take a look at Milla Jovovich in The Messenger for example). So it was a bit weird seeing her trailed by a long shock of blonde tresses.

Hehe, looking up that movie reminded me she's called Joan of Arc in English. That always struck me as a weird translation. Just like Janne in WH.

Vortigar:
Huh? Bald? What version of WH was that then? WH: Perfect?

I only know her like this.

Janne is completely bald:

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2

In Japan, she seems to be more known for her balness, here is a fanart:

Fanart

Vortigar:
Hehe, looking up that movie reminded me she's called Joan of Arc in English. That always struck me as a weird translation. Just like Janne in WH.

The same occurs with "Janne Gado" in the "Bloddy Roar" series, her name is Jeanne but translated as Janne or even worse, as Jannu.

I recommend retro gaming emulated arcade games. Having the ability of unlimited continues translates well to the modern easy game infinite continue climate of today. Also each game only lasts for about 30 minutes to an hour which is the perfect amount of time to enjoy a game with simple mechanics and no depth without getting sick of it.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here