Review: Noby Noby Boy

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Review: Noby Noby Boy

In Noby Noby Boy, you stretch, fly, and eat your butt. Why? To impress a girl, of course. Includes video supplement.

Read Full Article

This has got to be the weirdest thing iv'e ever seen sence Katamaridami

EDIT: sorry it's Katamari Damacy

Eric the Orange:

Adding to that, this has got to be one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Thought the review was spot on. If I recorded myself shooting things out of my butt I'd probs be locked up!

Great game!

Out of your butt. Of.

Loved the review though, but I'm struggling not to make various innuendos. Heh, you know me :P

Eating your butt isn't the only way to become whole again, you can also hold down triangle to spit BOY out of the house's chimney, and as long as both halves are on screen (i.e., not falling into oblivion), a TADA! sound will play and he'll pop out in one piece.

YoctoYotta:
Eating your butt isn't the only way to become whole again, you can also hold down triangle to spit BOY out of the house's chimney, and as long as both halves are on screen (i.e., not falling into oblivion), a TADA! sound will play and he'll pop out in one piece.

Ah, good to know! Still, if you have the choice...I mean, really, which are you going to pick? Though you likely get a badge for shooting out the chimney.

I'm sorry...

Every time you report your length to Girl, she gets that little bit bigger

How can you even begin to take this seriously? ;)

The_root_of_all_evil:
I'm sorry...

Every time you report your length to Girl, she gets that little bit bigger

How can you even begin to take this seriously? ;)

Never take a Takahashi game seriously. Just have fun.

Probably the best $5 I've ever spent, definitely the best $5 I've spent on a game. It's nowhere near as ingenious as Katamari, but still a lot of fun and maybe more trippy than Katamari. On second thought, nothing's trippier than Katamari.

I haven't broken my boy in half but I did get him wrapped around a cloud & some trees and was actually able to drag it toward the ground. It floated back up before I could get it flush to the ground.

The fact that this comes from Japan explains everything. Nothing out of the ordinary here, then. Its just that, suddenly Im filled with weird respect for Takahashi.

Is it sad that it's not Killzone 2, nor Metal Gear Solid 4, nor any of the other high budget, high profile game that entice me to the PS3?

No, it's a $5 game where you can eat your own arse.

It's games like this that make me want to pick up a 2x4 and whack Bill Gates upside the head. Why doesn't the 360 get beautiful games like this?

Like Little Big Planet?

Like Flower?

Why?

God bless you, Japan. God bless you indeed!

HardRockSamurai:
It's games like this that make me want to pick up a 2x4 and whack Bill Gates upside the head. Why doesn't the 360 get beautiful games like this?

Like Little Big Planet?

Like Flower?

Why?

Viva Pinata, Braid, Geometry Wars, Castle Crashers, etc. The 360 has it's fair share of charming games as well.

Slycne:

HardRockSamurai:

Like Little Big Planet?

Like Flower?

Why?

Viva Pinata, Braid, Geometry Wars, Castle Crashers, etc. The 360 has it's fair share of charming games as well.

I think HardRockSamurai means it by "Why doesn't the 360 have unique, strange, but all around beautiful games like this?"
I will give it to you that Braid is a bit unique, same with Viva Pinata but the PS3 seems to revel in games like this. See Linger in Shadows.
Speaking of which have you guys reviewed Linger in Shadows? Just wondering.

chenry:
Is it sad that it's not Killzone 2, nor Metal Gear Solid 4, nor any of the other high budget, high profile game that entice me to the PS3?

No, it's a $5 game where you can eat your own arse.

Haha, exactly this. I've always been happy with my choice of console, but then this goes and makes me think "aw, crap, I wants one of them PS3 things".

Also, re: the above... um, Beautiful Katamari, aka the fourth game in the series previously designed by the bloke who made this?

Eric the Orange:

EDIT: sorry it's Katamari Damacy

I love Katamari :(

Frank_Sinatra_:

Slycne:

HardRockSamurai:

Like Little Big Planet?

Like Flower?

Why?

I think HardRockSamurai means it by "Why doesn't the 360 have unique, strange, but all around beautiful games like this?"
I will give it to you that Braid is a bit unique, same with Viva Pinata but the PS3 seems to revel in games like this. See Linger in Shadows.

Whats there to review?

I think its because when Microsoft look at something like LittleBigPlanet, they don't see adorable little guys running around in lands of fun, they see "actual 12 year old girl".

Bizarre or innovative, I guess it counts on perspective...bizarre it is!

carnkhan4:
Bizarre or innovative, I guess it counts on perspective...bizarre it is!

Flower was innovative and artistic, this is just weird. It also doesn't help that I can't figure out hoiw to work half the moves, inclusing dislodging my own arsehole.

Although now I await someone to set a video of this to "what what in the butt"

Slycne:

HardRockSamurai:

Like Little Big Planet?

Like Flower?

Why?

What I meant to say is "Why doesn't the 360 get UNIQUE games?" Sure, we have the gas-guzzling franchises like Halo, Gears of War and GTA IV's DLC, but never any of the charming stuff. Finding a truly unique game on the 360 is like trying to find Linkin Park CDs in the ocean.

Indigo_Dingo:

Frank_Sinatra_:

Slycne:

HardRockSamurai:

Like Little Big Planet?

Like Flower?

Why?

Whats there to review?

I think its because when Microsoft look at something like LittleBigPlanet, they don't see adorable little guys running around in lands of fun, they see "actual 12 year old girl".

I take it you mean that thing that they demoed with "an actual 12 year old girl"? The one everyone was calling a LBP ripoff? God damn, it wasn't a game, it was tools to build games.

this is the weirdest game i have ever seen!!!

HardRockSamurai:

Slycne:

HardRockSamurai:

Like Little Big Planet?

Like Flower?

Why?

What I meant to say is "Why doesn't the 360 get UNIQUE games?" Sure, we have the gas-guzzling franchises like Halo, Gears of War and GTA IV's DLC, but never any of the charming stuff. Finding a truly unique game on the 360 is like trying to find Linkin Park CDs in the ocean.

You knew you were not gonna get a straight answer to this, so why did you bother asking?

Indigo_Dingo:

Frank_Sinatra_:

Slycne:

HardRockSamurai:
Snip

Snip

Snip

Whats there to review?

Thats true... All of it.

chenry:

You know sometimes I just love those small budget games because of their uniqueness

Frank_Sinatra_:

chenry:

You know sometimes I just love those small budget games because of their uniqueness

Its not like a big budget game can't be unique too. Remember Sony still own the first and foremost team for arty games.

Indigo_Dingo:

Frank_Sinatra_:

chenry:

Its not like a big budget game can't be unique too. Remember Sony still own the first and foremost team for arty games.

They may own them but they do not develop them, unless I'm wrong then feel free to correct me.

Frank_Sinatra_:

Indigo_Dingo:

Frank_Sinatra_:

chenry:

They may own them but they do not develop them, unless I'm wrong then feel free to correct me.

Huh? Its hard to correct you when I have no idea what the hell you're saying.

Sony own Team Ico, who are probably consistently the foremost and most accomplished team when it comes to truly artistic games.

Susan, you are losing it lately with your reviews :P

raxiv:
Susan, you are losing it lately with your reviews :P

This game inspires lunacy. :)

Indigo_Dingo:

Frank_Sinatra_:

Indigo_Dingo:

Frank_Sinatra_:

chenry:

Huh? Its hard to correct you when I have no idea what the hell you're saying.

Sony own Team Ico, who are probably consistently the foremost and most accomplished team when it comes to truly artistic games.

What I'm saying is who is developing it not producing the game. Get me now?

I must say, so far this is the only PS3 game that's really caught my eye.

I hope it comes to the austrian PSN. I want that.

ps3 continues to get the random and quirky games lol

almost makes me want to unpack my ps3 and play it...but nah

I have to say this is probably something I'd throw together if I had the time, money, and courage to make something like this.

I like the idea, and when I was reading your review, I was thinking, holy crap, I haven't seen anything this strange since Katamari Damacy. Then I read who it was developed by and it all made sense.

I would definitely buy the game if I wasn't busy playing Fallout 3

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or