Unskippable: Digital Devil Saga

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

whaleswiththumbs:
That made no snes

Was that on purpose? Kind of funny, in a totally-uncalled-for-play-on-words kind of way.

I also liked the "naked hot lady" sense or whatever. Is the "spidey-sense" joke going to be a running gag? I can definitely dig that.

Fallout,Pokemon,and Spaceballs refrences=WIN.
Good video,keep up the good work.

The 3-Dog reference was icing on the cake. Great episode, guys!

"And that was the second time I died."

I wonder what we'll find on Cassette 2?

wondering was this first game in digital sage games and what about persona games are they any way connected?

I heard these games were very good rpgs one of the best for the ps2. If I can find them i would by them

I love the fallout three refrence

LOl at them staring at the naked girl.

Hauuuuuuuuu!!
HOLE IN THE GROUND

ForgottenPr0digy:
wondering was this first game in digital sage games and what about persona games are they any way connected?

I heard these games were very good rpgs one of the best for the ps2. If I can find them i would by them

Persona and DDS are both side stories to Shin Megami Tensei. Lots of recurring demons, but the stories are completely different and unconnected.

There's a cameo from an SMT Nocturne character in DDS, but that's it.

And good luck, both DDS games are pretty rare now.

Mariena:
Nice, very nice. I love em!

But if I seriously hear Steven Jay Blum in one more damn game.. He's like Jennifer Hale, but with only one voice. He's everywhere!

oh yeah i notice his voice as well

BOOM! Wooah! Why can't we have crossbows, we just have these crappy guns!! XD

"Well this hardly seems like a fair fight."
"Yeah, we've got these big guns. All they've got are these pidley little crossbows."
"Well the are armour piercing-"
*explosion*
"WOAH!"

That shit just killed me. Awesome work guys, you just keep getting better.

DanTheBigMan:
Was I the only one who caught the Spaceballs reference?
Because it was a goood one. xP
Amazing, as usual.

Nope, I got it. Hilarious.

Lucane:
Just becuase there B Unit doesn't mean there stupid. I really lost it after that.

P00dle:
Nice references and hilarious though i didn't get the spaceballs reference...
Could anyone elaborate?

The part about the suitcase combonation in Spaceballs a code was said "123456" and the lines "1 2 3 4 5 6? That sounds like a suitcase combonation an idiot would have!" followed by "1 2 3 4 5 6? That's the combonation on my suitcase!"

I will bet you one million dollars and both my kidneys that the combination in that quote does not contain the number 6.

Spaggiari:

Lucane:

P00dle:
Nice references and hilarious though i didn't get the spaceballs reference...
Could anyone elaborate?

The part about the suitcase combonation in Spaceballs a code was said "123456" and the lines "1 2 3 4 5 6? That sounds like a suitcase combonation an idiot would have!" followed by "1 2 3 4 5 6? That's the combonation on my suitcase!"

I will bet you one million dollars and both my kidneys that the combination in that quote does not contain the number 6.

Well I'm not 100% on if its right or not it has been a while since I've seen the movie but the main idea of what was the reference was noted.

The part where all the glowing snakes kill everyone kinda reminded me of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Good riff, BTW.

Don't feed the YaoGuai. That is all.

The funniest yet XD

Love the references, this may be my favorite Unskippable episode :D

Keep the good work :D

Okay okay, first of all, I'd just like to say that debating about the content of all Japanese games is stupid. I think the stereotypical Japanese games are pretty stupid, I agree that the feminine guys and the stupid reused stories and all that BS is very lame, but there are a lot of fantastic underground JRPGs and DDS is one of them. I agree the second one has a better story, but SMT games try something different and I wholly respect that.
That being said, this was still hilarious, because it's true a lot of that cut scene makes no sense out of context. Once they explain things more the pieces start falling into place, but yeah.

Another thing.
It seems like EVERYONE who posts in these threads are unfamiliar with anything outside of the norm, so thank you, Unskippable, for showing those narrow-minded mainstream gamers a few different titles for a change.

By the way, Fallout 3 and Saints Row 2 were two of my FAVORITE games recently.

Hahaha, I'm starting to love these guys taking apart horribly written Japanese cutscenes.
The comments they made when the naked chick in the hole appeared were just begging to be misused.

And that was the second time I died.
I love it.
It just keeps getting better.

Midnight Voyager:

Vlane:

ElephantGuts:

Vlane:

ElephantGuts:
Ah yes, Spaceballs. And I think that was one of the most fucked up looking games I have ever seen. Especially the cat. But that's the reason I stay away from JRPGs and, well, any game coming out of Japan.

It is weird but it (and part 2) has also a great story (the best one in any game ever IMO).

And you don't like games from Japan? You library of games must be very limited....and maybe boring.

Maybe I'm forgetting about some games that are made in Japan and I don't realize, but I can't really think of any. What games are made in Japan? No I don't have a limited or boring library of games. The Call of Duties, Fallout 3, Far Crys, Battlefield: Bad Company, the Total War series, World in Conflict, Sins of a Solar Empire, GTA4, Saints Row 2, Mass Effect...Now that I think about it, what games besides JRPGs are from Japan? The only popular one I can think of are the MGSs. All the common ones (ones I listed atleast, among many others) aren't Japanese.

Devil May Cry, the Nintendo franchises (besides some Metroid games) and Street Fighter for example. That are the ones I can see right now when I look at my shelf.

And your library is a bit boring IMO. So many shooters.

...Fallout 3 and Mass Effect, despite having guns, were not straight shooters.

Sorry, I don't like the style of the Japanese games that I have encountered. It's a very subtle thing about the pacing that frustrates the hell out of me. There's a few thematic things that I'm not much of a fan of either. (Eternal Sonata's little monologue about how much humans suck and how the moon is so beautiful made me want to strangle myself.) I get bugged to no end by poor translations as well, so it colors my vision of them. They are pretty seldom matched as far as setting up a creepy situation, though...

I personally have plenty of perfectly interesting games that do not happen to be Japanese. Do you really believe that almost all good games come from Japan?

Planescape: Torment... Baldur's Gate. Psychonauts. Hitman. The Witcher. (HA! That one isn't even American!) Deus Ex. Mass Effect, you called a shooter. A shooter? Everything with guns is not a flat shooter. *shrugs* You seem to be selectively mentally blotting out a really large selection of games.

*end Pet Peeve*

GTA IV, Fallout 3 and Saints Row 2 are somewhat of a shooter.

I never said that almost all good games come from Japan but you miss out on some really good ones if you don't care about the japanese games.

Where did I said that Mass Effect is a shooter? Please show me that sentence.

The Witcher sucked...

As I was saying, saying all games from Japan are bad is just as stupid as saying all games from Japan are good.
SOME ARE GOOD AND SOME ARE BAD. Why is that so hard to grasp?

Also, as far as the boring library bit, my opinion is mixed.
For your first list, Fallout 3 and Saint's Row 2 are the ones I played and enjoyed.
For your second, Baldur's Gate and Psychonauts are the winners, but I believe Deus Ex to be a great game I missed out on. By that token, I've heard good things about COD4 and Bad Company.

Can we just agree that people are entitled to taste?

good one and also need to find me one of those glowing holes with nude sleeping chicks inside

Really funny! And hey! Cameo by Laser Cat, brining laser-honor to to cutscenes everywhere!

I just can't find these Unskippable episodes funny. Is there something wrong with me or do I just prefer actual wit?

sorry people, but i still think that the dirge of cerberus was the best
i watched the moon thing about 8 times, then it came back in the bouncer
good times

Nice work. Honestly keep em' coming please.

Dommyboy:
I just can't find these Unskippable episodes funny. Is there something wrong with me or do I just prefer actual wit?

I'd say theres something wrong with you, Have you tried turning yourself off and on again.

stinkychops:

Dommyboy:

I'd say theres something wrong with you, Have you tried turning yourself off and on again.

Nup. I've even tried pulling on this cord but it won't do anything. Oh well, back to De-Rez.

Dommyboy:

stinkychops:

Dommyboy:

Nup. I've even tried pulling on this cord but it won't do anything. Oh well, back to De-Rez.

Chord eh? This got dirty fast...

De-Rez is very good, if not a little, cheap.
I love your avatar.

XD - The arguing cut scenes - The Dr. Who - and the cat where all priceless, keep up the good work guys.

"motion BLURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!" :^O

Oy, that was brilliant. And finally a movie where you don't interrupt the dialogue from the movie. Unshure if u actually interrupted anyone in the move before this one but anyways, thats the only thing thats done wrong in this series. I'm a MST3K fan and I'm loving this!

zoozilla:

whaleswiththumbs:
That made no snes

Was that on purpose? Kind of funny, in a totally-uncalled-for-play-on-words kind of way.

I also liked the "naked hot lady" sense or whatever. Is the "spidey-sense" joke going to be a running gag? I can definitely dig that.

No i mispelled sense, sorry for confusion, didnt look at post after posted. funny i spelled SNES though

Awesome episode, one of the best. The amount of awesome references was so astounding I can't pick one. Great job.

Ok, I'm biased, because I love the SMT series, but this is absolutely my favorite Unskippable yet. Everything was just perfect...the jokes, the timing, everything.

"The most badass My Little Pony EVER!"

Oh YES!
+5 for the Dr. Who reference in the beginning.
That is the scariest cat I have ever seen.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here