Unskippable: Digital Devil Saga

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Google Chrome/Escapist functionality has disappeared. =(

Susan Arendt:
Ok, I'm biased, because I love the SMT series, but this is absolutely my favorite Unskippable yet. Everything was just perfect...the jokes, the timing, everything.

"The most badass My Little Pony EVER!"

As good as the SMT series is... Digital Devil Saga 1, while interesting, is pretty damn nonsensical until you play DDS2... and it has some great WTF moments for mockery on top of that. Can you really fault them for picking it as a target? Weird can equal funny, but it doesn't necessarily mean the game is "bad" because of it.

PedroSteckecilo:

Susan Arendt:
Ok, I'm biased, because I love the SMT series, but this is absolutely my favorite Unskippable yet. Everything was just perfect...the jokes, the timing, everything.

As good as the SMT series is... Digital Devil Saga 1, while interesting, is pretty damn nonsensical until you play DDS2... and it has some great WTF moments for mockery on top of that. Can you really fault them for picking it as a target? Weird can equal funny, but it doesn't necessarily mean the game is "bad" because of it.

The biggest WTF moment is always Cielos voice.

dalek sec:

quiet empire:
Hahaha, loved the doctor who reference at the beginning. XD

Word Empire, I love how fast they changed their minds about having guns to crossbows with exploding arrows.

No, I'm pretty sure it was Doctor Who.

quiet empire:

dalek sec:

quiet empire:

Word Empire, I love how fast they changed their minds about having guns to crossbows with exploding arrows.

No I know it's from Doctor Who, I was just agreeing with you as well.

I like how the JRPG cutscenes are already stupid-absurd on their own, and these guys just add to it. If anything they make it easier to follow.

Heroic One:
I like how the JRPG cutscenes are already stupid-absurd on their own, and these guys just add to it. If anything they make it easier to follow.

This is also Digital Devil Saga 1, it should come with a "This game is VAGUE AS HELL" warning label, every single question in the game isn't answered until Digital Devil Saga 2, which is 50 hours long.

Meeeow.

PedroSteckecilo:

Heroic One:

This is also Digital Devil Saga 1, it should come with a "This game is VAGUE AS HELL" warning label, every single question in the game isn't answered until Digital Devil Saga 2, which is 50 hours long.

Obviously, if the game doesn't begin with "Here are some bad dudes, shoot them" It's far too complicated

...Maybe that's a bad example, cause you don't actually learn why the Embryon and Vanguard are fighting until later in the cutscene.

Still, seriously, why is it a bad thing that you're confused about a 7 minute clip from a game that can span 20 hours? Which also happens to be the first of two games. Is it just me, or does that make no sense?

dalek sec:

quiet empire:

dalek sec:

quiet empire:

No I know it's from Doctor Who, I was just agreeing with you as well.

Ah sorry, I thought you wre saying it was from another thing and i'm like 'I've never heard of a show called 'Word Empire'.

That was silly of me. 0A0

I'm surprised someone didn't say anything about those awful outfits!
Great job though, loved it. It made my day!!

sanzo:

PedroSteckecilo:

Heroic One:

Obviously, if the game doesn't begin with "Here are some bad dudes, shoot them" It's far too complicated

...Maybe that's a bad example, cause you don't actually learn why the Embryon and Vanguard are fighting until later in the cutscene.

Still, seriously, why is it a bad thing that you're confused about a 7 minute clip from a game that can span 20 hours? Which also happens to be the first of two games. Is it just me, or does that make no sense?

If you can beat DDS in 20 hours, you're a better gamer than I. That game is tough as nails.

The cat was awesome...

NOOOOO It was meant to be lightly simmered.

*applause*

Susan Arendt:

Well, I have never played any of the games in the series, but I also have to say this one was the best so far. Simply brilliant. MEEOOW.

I don't know if this is the right place to say this, but you guys should totally do "Devil May Cry 4" that intro made no sense to me whatsoever.

Doesn't have to be said, but great episode guys.

Is it just me, or did it look like the cat's teeth were on it's neck?

So many funny quotes ^_^ My favorites were:

"No! The artichoke! It was supposed to be gently simmered!"

"Ah! All my favotire organs!"

"I knew it! That's the 2ed nakedest person I've ever seen in a glowing hole!"

Susan Arendt:

My respect for you Susan has gone up 10 points. Though in the early SMT games (ones I got for emulator cause they weren't released out side japan) the first person view and the fact that most coridors look the same in a given level often made me get lost. That being said i'm a diehard SMT fan.

Though i'd say the secret boss in this game is the hardest of any RPG i've evr played.

I can't believe the game didn't like Paul's Doctor Who singing. I thought it was one of the funniest moments in Unskippable's History. You guys should get some more history.

The "and that's the second time I died" about killed the room where I watched it. Awesome again!

Bravo! One of the best ones yet in my opinion.

Wow was that an alice in wonderland quote? good job!

Eric the Orange:

Susan Arendt:

My respect for you Susan has gone up 10 points. Though in the early SMT games (ones I got for emulator cause they weren't released out side japan) the first person view and the fact that most coridors look the same in a given level often made me get lost. That being said i'm a diehard SMT fan.

Though i'd say the secret boss in this game is the hardest of any RPG i've evr played.

What, the guy who can deal 9999 points of damage when the max health you can get in the game is 999? nah, he's a push-over :D

likalaruku:
Is it just me, or did it look like the cat's teeth were on it's neck?

So many funny quotes ^_^ My favorites were:

"No! The artichoke! It was supposed to be gently simmered!"

"Ah! All my favotire organs!"

"I knew it! That's the 2ed nakedest person I've ever seen in a glowing hole!"

That is a necklace. It always rings when somebody who is important to the story dies.

I'm sorry, but this 'show' should be called "Unbearable".

Unless it isn't supposed to be funny, then I'll let it off.

Excellent episode.
The start especially had me in stitches.
"How am I meant to appraise jewellery at this distance!"
xD

Awesome. I loved the Fallout 3 reference at the beginning.

lol! The Fallout 3 reference was perfect. xD It's funny because I just started playing that game.

That literally had me laughing non-stop (like, LITERALLY) cept when I paused cause my stomach hurt from it. Also, ANOTHER game with Steve Blum as voice actor. I said it before, I says it again. Steve Blum really is in everything.
The annoying thing about these, there are TOO MANY qutable lines, like, where do you even begin!?

DannyDamage:
I'm sorry, but this 'show' should be called "Unbearable".

Unless it isn't supposed to be funny, then I'll let it off.

Do you not know how to laugh? I mean, you can find it not funny, but I would see a doctor, cause there is no way a healthy person could not find that funny.

Meowww!!

You guys sound a lot like my friend and I when we comment out of the blue over TeamSpeak while we play MMOs. The stuff we came up with on Age of Conan alone is just astronomical, and very very VERY very wrong.

whaleswiththumbs:

zoozilla:

whaleswiththumbs:
That made no snes

Was that on purpose? Kind of funny, in a totally-uncalled-for-play-on-words kind of way.

I also liked the "naked hot lady" sense or whatever. Is the "spidey-sense" joke going to be a running gag? I can definitely dig that.

No i mispelled sense, sorry for confusion, didnt look at post after posted. funny i spelled SNES though

"This doesn't make any snes." would be an awesome T-shirt though.

I just want to know where you two keep finding these horrible cinematic

vid20:

Actually I'm to blame for this one ^^ I sent them an e-mail requesting it because I enjoy the DDS1 cutscene. They said they might do it, I just didn't think they'd get around to it so quickly xD

Strain42:

vid20:

Actually I'm to blame for this one ^^ I sent them an e-mail requesting it because I enjoy the DDS1 cutscene. They said they might do it, I just didn't think they'd get around to it so quickly xD

Your to blame.. or PRAISE! I think the latter.

azazcyh:
Wow was that an alice in wonderland quote? good job!

Ya, I'm thinking the same thing. I'm impressed. :)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here