The Twitter Bug

The Twitter Bug

Your website has crashed and tech support has shrugged you off. What do you do? Ask Twitter, of course!

The moment I saw the "2 MB" thing, I thought "WHAT!?!?"
Why the hell would that be the limit? You can't even get a song on with that kind of memory!
Anyway, I seemed to have a problem similar to this.
Not sure if it was the same thing, but maybe these guys can help.

Thanks! Maybe THIS will eliminate all those random "Error 404" pages.

Twitter is no doubt my favorite social networking app (service, whatever). MySpace as fun when no one knew it existed and Facebook is...well, it's Facebook.

Twitter feels alive though. It feels organic and casual, the way any party or conversation should; plus it does provide instant access to the hive mind, which is always a good thing.

level250geek:
Twitter is no doubt my favorite social networking app (service, whatever). MySpace as fun when no one knew it existed and Facebook is...well, it's Facebook.

Twitter feels alive though. It feels organic and casual, the way any party or conversation should; plus it does provide instant access to the hive mind, which is always a good thing.

So THAT's the goal of Twitter! To turn the entire human race into a hive of sorts; individually dumb as a rock, but collectively a force that the universe has not yet seen.

On topic, I quite like your site. Some very strange GIFs, to be sure, but entertaining enough. And new columns on the Escapist are always nice.

Nice first column, I'm now subscribing to your Twitter.

CountFenring:
Nice first column, I'm now subscribing to your Twitter.

Ditto

Well, I reported for duty here as per the request of your Nerdist post to show some love. I like the article. An epic of computer failure will always hit home for me. In the end, I must say that Twitter gets plenty of positive press. To me, this story really calls out for appreciation of the awesome power that is Wil Wheaton. If there had been an answer, his power to tap the unbridled power of all geek-kind would have summoned it forth. Thanks for the story =)

damn you, I had to sign up to this ish to respond! *shakes fist*

But I too find that twitter is filled with helpful, friendly people. Sometimes I miss message board flaming. SOMETIMES.

The technical characteristics of Twitter ensure that I'd never be satisfied with it at all. Blogs are one thing - I've never really understood them, despite writing articles which would probably be best suited for one, but at least I can guess the general direction that they're coming from.

But that's just the thing. I write articles; 1,500-2,000 word essays on various topics, which regularly run to 10,000 to 20,000 characters. The 140-character limit of Twitter ensures that you can't write anything longer than a short, sharp comment on something, which must be rendered in a chatty, informal fashion. I don't write like that, even when it comes to SMS messages, where I frequently run to two or three message allotments. It's very rare that you'll see something that I've written that runs to less than 140 characters, so therefore, I will not be joining Twitter, and I will not be subscribing to anybody's Twitter either. I find the whole exercise pointless.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here