Zero Punctuation: Spiderman: Web of Shadows

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Spiderman: Web of Shadows

This week Zero Punctuation reviews Spiderman's latest web swinging adventure, Spiderman: Web of Shadows.

Watch Video

I'd love a swiss army knife with a minigun in it... That would help and hopefully it's going to be easy to carry.

pretty dam funny man

There were a lot of "Emo" references in this one - I certainly agree with regards to Spiderman 2, the web swinging being the best part of the game. I would have preferred a review on Street Fighter IV as opposed to a whine about how Spiderman games are terrible.

Wow, another completely unexpected review. And at least better than last week. And now I'm sure that last game in your tag team truly was Spiderman 2. Good joke about the websling attack :D

I loved the bit about weapons and combat. Guns, swords, guns that are also swords. I never actually played Web of Shadows myself, or any other Spiderman game, but I think my friends enjoyed them.

meh-never going to buy this game-but by christ do I enjoy hearoing a whiney mid twentys guy moan about stuff, with all the elaquence of chuck norris' secret 3rd fist

i gonna go with neutral xD jajaja love the whole spidie review

Wasn't waht I expected, but still awesome.

And now that it's been mentioned, I can't help but notice how many games on my "play pile" are sequals, doesn't make them bad, but still....

pretty much what he said. the voice acting was done by a macculy culken (sp?, who cares) clone pre-home alone days. it was all around pretty crappy.

Well, it is depressing that games are now sequels all the way. I dunno what can I say about any game franchise that's from the popular media such as television, movies, and comic books.

Played the game myself, glad it got a review - but I think the webslining was just as fun as SPM3!

Is it a funny coincidence that I was just talking with a friend about Yahtzee doing a review on this game? He was like "I wonder what this game is like?" I said "It's probably crap like most of the other spiderman games." He said "Yeah but wouldn't it be cool if Yahtzee reviewed it?" I was like "He won't do that because he's got bigger games to fry." Thanks for proving me wrong!

I loved the little joke at the end about in game advertising. However, I didn't know games were self-downloading updated advertising. This kind of creeps me out a bit.

I think I remember "The Movie: 2: The Game" being awesome, especially with Bruce Campbell as the narrator. Shame they saw a pattern that worked and decided to change it.

Ok all in favor of attempting to store a minigun in their swiss army knife say Aye.

An excellent review that gave me a chuckle here and there as usual.

Now all we need is a gun that's also a sword with chains with spikes on it...

That aside, sounds alright but the quiz thing sounds unecassary unless you get somthing out of it. Though that's probably because it'd screw me over, who knows?

Dude Bob:
User was suspended for this post.(14 days)

More like banned, anyway more on topic nice review as always. many lolz, and I have played this game and it is true that once you get a powerful move thats all you use over and over again.

Nice review.

And just to prove how big a nerd i am, you can't be chaotic since your too orderly. You are Neutral Evil.

That review has got to be one of the first that ive seen for a while that has made me laugh out loud and get some very questionable looks from my co-workers.

Wolverine FTW btw :p

Yay! Good one this week, better than last week's at least.

Soldato006:
Ok all in favor of attempting to store a minigun in their swiss army knife say Aye.

AYE!

Ha!The swiss army knife with a minigun made me laugh. Funny video as usual and I'm glad he chose a game without a massive number at the end.

I still think Lol-cats are funny!

Where can I get a Swiss Army knife with a minigun? Shouldn't there be one inside the Swiss Army coat I wear?

Yahtzee railing against the numbered sequel legions isn't unsurprising, and the fare this week is ZP standard (that is to say, rather good in my humble opinion), so I don't feel I have much to contribute to a discussion of it, other than to don my fanboy hat and wait for the flames to begin.

Also, the only argument I have against him being chaotic neutral is the fact that he has standards to which he adheres. If he were truly chaotic he wouldn't have any. So true neutral, perhaps, which might explain his perpetual state of cannot be arsed.

Soldato006:

Aye, Aye captain. Why stop there though? Lets put a nuke in there for good measure.

Hey, looks to me like my timing is spot on. :) The video must have posted only minutes ago.

Yahtzee, I dig your reviewer quality for wit, comedy, and outside the box games that you bring to the table. :) Spiderman might not be my cup of tea... in any way shape or form, but I still like to hear what you have to say. Kinda nifty that dispite the games many flaws, you were still keen to it. At least, one one part of it.

Also, Rolly polly "skinny" latté... thing was terrorifying. O_O

Great Responsibility
Uncle Ben
Gwen Stacy
Derby
Derby
Doo

I loved this review, and saddened because I was eyeing this game for a bit.

I expected Killzone 2 this week, but in retrospect I guess I can't blame him. It'd be nice to see Western games come up with something original for a change. Oh well, Maybe Duke Nukem Forever will come out someday.

Anyway, for the record, Squall's gunblade was technically just a sword. It can't actually shoot things, just pull the trigger to vibrate the blade and make for a potentially more lethal strike. Yeah, I know, I'm a geek.

Also, I'm tempted to say Yahtzee's alignment is Chaotic Evil, but he's not quite that evil. He's not really Chaotic Neutral though either. He'd probably be labelled Chaotic Stupid, ie. someone that uses their alignment as an excuse to do whatever crazy shit they want, in an actual gaming group, but I'm just digging myself a deeper and geekier hole.

The only good thing, until this review, about Web of Shadows was the trailer. I actually was looking forward to the game when i saw that.

Learned my lesson though.

Radu889:
I'd love a swiss army knife with a minigun in it... That would help and hopefully it's going to be easy to carry.

yep, awesomeness squared!

Shadow Law:

Soldato006:

Aye, Aye captain. Why stop there though? Lets put a nuke in there for good measure.

A nuke? Now that's just being silly...

I agree with you good sir, He's clearly Nuetral Evil at best

"People who think lolcats are funny"
QFT

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist: