Zero Punctuation: Spiderman: Web of Shadows

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed spiderman 2, that swinging system really was the only thing going for it though.... And I doubt i'll buy this game either since the only decent aspect has been essentially hamstrung

Well, pretty predictable stuff, reviewing a game everyone knew was shit anyway. Not his best, but what are you gonna do.

The voice acting is the only thing that puts me off Spider-man games which suprisingly are sometimes half-decent. Still, it makes me send Spidey to a gruesome death and laugh maniacally.

Which still adds up to some kind of entertainment value i guess.

:')
good as ever!
been refreshing my page for ages for this!

...he called me a nerd!!!111!!one11!

*sniffle sniffle* =P

EDIT- added =P

Gee,a bad movie-spin-of-game. suprising, or not! I knew that just by reading the title, and looking at the box!
Cuden't care less about this type of games
Yahtzee:
If you want to review something new and unik, try Flower
I was realy hoping for killzone 2 this week, yes it's "space marenes" again. But I think its good, I feel
I got exaktley what i bargend fore based on the hype, witch is rare! But I want to know what's bad about it! I know it isn't flawless, I just can't find the flaws! Point them out for us Yahtzee, so we can point them out fore dudes like this dude http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t21uEh8AJ4g

Chaotic Neutral..Neutral Evil.
Yes, probably somewhere in between there is my guess.

Playing a "as seen in the movie" games are akin to watching uwe bolls "as played in the game" movies.
They just don't mix very well.
Books to movies do okay from time to time (exempting them from the detail available in books)
and books based on moves actually often work out beneficial too.

Don't worry Ben, you're as chaotic neutral as it gets.

Neither of those alignments exists anymore. He's unaligned.

LOL!!! Gears of War vs. British Nazis LOL!!!

Scypemonk:
Nice review.

And just to prove how big a nerd i am, you can't be chaotic since your too orderly. You are Neutral Evil.

I dunno. I'd say Chaotic Neutral because he is boldly flying in the face of the establishment (Chaotic), and not really doing it for good or for evil, but for himself (Neutral).

You are correct in saying that he is orderly, however. So, in reality, we just need to know Yatzee's true reason for doing ZP. If he is trying to shake up the game reviewing world, I'd say CN. If he is trying to subvert the world and eventually crush it under his heel, then I'd go NE, or even Lawful Evil.

Oh god the ps3 fanboys are gonna be pissed about what he said about resistance 2

It was OK today, but I still think you should have reviewed Killzone 2, especially after the Escapist's review of it. Frankly, I don't give a damn about Spider-Man.

MisterStaypuft:

4th edition doesnt exist

Jeez...

'Twas funny even though i'd prefer him to review games that actual gamers play instead of media/movie/mainstream-hopchop. It'd be a lot more sensible, given the high standards of his reviews and his awesomely accurate criticism.

Spiderman 2 The Game The Movie, certainly was a good game, and also loved the feel of swinging around the city, especially you climbed to the top of the tallest building and jumping off and not shooting a web to save youself 10 meters before you hit the ground, at such high speeds that you turn into spidey paste. YOU FORGOT TO MENTION THAT YAHTZEE! but anyway sadly my PS2 broke and i sold the game, so i can no longer enjoy the spidey cake. and i will certainly not be buying web of shadows, as i loathed the angsty spiderman.

But anyway Kudos to you Yahtzee for yet another HILARIOUS review!

Could have been worse I suppose. I wonder if there'll be a day when Yahtzee will get an RTS/TBS game for reviewing.... like the total war series.

OK how did you get through an entire review without mentioning the collectibles? You couldn't ignore them since they were everywhere with thier burning blinding purpleness. There is only 2000 of them (no I didn't add an extra zero).

The Spiderman movie games have always been fun for the webswinging (and grabbing baddies only to swing to the top of the highest building, and then pile drive them from 150 stories). Using Wolverine as an obvious marketing point to the new movie is lame, especially if you can't use him, and how could you really? Spiderman flies through the air on threads of gossimer awesomeness, leaving Wolverine to watch from a great distance.

I do disagree about the missions in Spiderman games, because there was one where Spiderman had to websling across NY Harbor, bouncing from one conveniently placed floating anchor to the next, until he got to Liberty Island, now populated by one very large Mysterio. Swinging and fighting. Swinging and fighting. And then delivering pizzas.

I am glad he decided to step away from the "mainstream" titles and focus on games that people hardly noticed.

We have all played Spider-man games and for the most part they have all been relatively the same. Swing around, beat someone up, swing around again. Yes it is repetitive, but this is what made Spider-man great.

Web of Shadows was good, not great, but not bad either.

I actually kinda wanted him to review this when it came out. I was curious how he felt about it. My feelings on the game are summed up w/ "meh."

aww I wanted Yahtzee to mash street fighter 4 to the ground.

good review, maybe not as funny as some of the other ones but yea considering the game u did a rly good job.

Scypemonk:
Nice review.

And just to prove how big a nerd i am, you can't be chaotic since your too orderly. You are Neutral Evil.

well i want to claim that he is chaotic neutural, joust by breaking the trend and reviewing a old game he has proven that, and i do not believe he is as much evil as he thinks he is, not doing good does not make you evil (not in any good karma system anyways).

MisterStaypuft:

DJShire:

MisterStaypuft:

4th edition doesnt exist

user was put on probation for this post .

zing

Very incidentally, I imagine those people being mugged have great big mickey mouse ears instead of hands floating above their heads.

...I did say it was very incidental.

Wasn't tempted to get this, Spider-Man 2 was a decent film tie in game but this one just seemed jerky when i tried it out.

Still, a Swiss Army Knife with a minigun on it would be so awesome.

carnkhan4:

Radu889:
I'd love a swiss army knife with a minigun in it... That would help and hopefully it's going to be easy to carry.

yep, awesomeness squared!

Shadow Law:

Soldato006:
Ok all in favor of attempting to store a minigun in their swiss army knife say Aye.

An excellent review that gave me a chuckle here and there as usual.

Aye, Aye captain. Why stop there though? Lets put a nuke in there for good measure.

A nuke? Now that's just being silly...

WHY JUST ONE? PUT 8 MINI NUKES IN JUST ONE WEAPON!

Anyway, who cares about which is the game being reviewed?

The video player is terrible and keeps stopping every fifteen seconds. Someone please fix it.

I don't think combat was that bad in Spidey 2, a bit easy once you figured out the spider-sense. I remember being genuinly disappointed when that game finished because it was so god to play through a game that was as fresh as that. Unfortuantly Spidey games have gone downhill since and this game was just boring after the second act.

Jean Reno!
I can't believe he managed to work him into a spider-man review!

Nice I liked that a lot. Halo Wars for next week?

Fondant:
The video player is terrible and keeps stopping every fifteen seconds. Someone please fix it.

Click on the help button below the video, that will bring you to a page when you can enter this bug and have IT take a look.

Thanks!

gutted it wasnt sf4, maybe he couldnt find anything wrong with it so he couldnt review it...?

Why yes, I do believe you are Chaotic Neutral.
(I say "you" referring to Yahtzee... I suppose he at least reads some of the comments... he certainly read the comments for Far Cry 2)

inventor:
Gee,a bad movie-spin-of-game. suprising, or not! I knew that just by reading the title, and looking at the box!

there's a movie about Web of Shadows? must have missed that.....

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here