Game Theory: The Human Hive Mind Theory (Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void)

The Human Hive Mind Theory (Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void)

Starcraft's Zerg - some of the most iconic, yet misunderstood aliens in all of Sci-Fi history. We tend to despise these locusts of mass obedience - viewing them as a plague upon our individual freedoms. But what if I were to tell you we have more in common with that swarm than you even realize? Get ready to view the Zerg in a whole new light!

Thank you to Blizzard Entertainment for sponsoring this video.

Watch Video

Government, white collar and blue collar workers is also a fine example of how we "work" as a species.

I'm not sold on the internet overmind theory, mainly because the information we get is not as much specialized to better us through telling us what we need, but pandering to what we want.
If forums are any indication, then most people seek confirmation bias, rather than trying to inform themselves.

I'd say western civilization suffers from a lack of adversity and luxury issues like having too much choice and a lack of methods for people to define themselves. Every generation (including my own) becomes more entitled and have work ethics that require borderline coddling to be efficient.

We are controlled more by media now than ever before. People are drowning in both information (that we don't need or want) and outright misinformation.

The Zerg filters out noise. Humans barely filter anything and are personally becoming less able to than the generations before it.

By his theory, I'd say we are rather comparable to the Protoss and their empathic links in the Khala.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here