Good Bad Flicks: Exploring Ghostbusters 2

Exploring Ghostbusters 2

Exploring the making of Ghostbusters 2.

Watch Video

Sure, it's not Predator 2 bad, but it's stale run-off compared to the original regardless. The only thing it did differently was make it more kid friendly and marketable. I mean, I really liked the cartoon, but having it bleed into the live-action movie was cringe worthy. Really, the only good thing about Ghostbusters 2 was Egon's slinky quote, and the echo scene in the subway tunnel.

Casual Shinji:
Sure, it's not Predator 2 bad, but it's stale run-off compared to the original regardless. The only thing it did differently was make it more kid friendly and marketable. I mean, I really liked the cartoon, but having it bleed into the live-action movie was cringe worthy. Really, the only good thing about Ghostbusters 2 was Egon's slinky quote, and the echo scene in the subway tunnel.

Ugh, that tunnel scene... I'm surprised that those severed rotten heads were not mentioned as being distinctly not comical. Seriously. Almost as effective a jump scare as the severed head in Jaws.

And I'm incapable of even acknowledging that you just said that Predator 2 was bad.

Though, in your defense, I have A: been told I have terrible taste in movies, and B: clearly acknowledged that you did, indeed, state just that.

CecilT:
(Snip).

Allegedly it's pronounced "Max von Sudoff". *Cough*.

Great episode!

the December King:
And I'm incapable of even acknowledging that you just said that Predator 2 was bad.

Very few movies have the capacity to get under my skin in the most unholy of ways. Predator 2 is one of those rare few.

Barbas:

CecilT:
(Snip).

Allegedly it's pronounced "Max von Sudoff". *Cough*.

Great episode!

You think that's bad?
I'm sorry, I know this will make me sound like a douche but I cringed at the pronunciation of Deutschendorf.

So much that I decided to put my voice on the internet with the help of a shitty headset-microphone.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1qZHn2P3nEZ

And to be even more smug I will explain what the name Deutschendorf means.

It's a composition of (die) Deutschen, (the) Germans, and Dorf, village.
It would mean the village of the Germans.
Which apparently is the German name of a Slovakian city. That's what I call German Ingenuity.

yeah, part 2 certainly isnt great but still was watchable. but making it more children friendly would explain why it didnt knock me off my chair as part 1 did. and i was a kid as well after watching the cartoon before my parents finally allowed me to watch the live action movie. they thought i would be scared and have nightmares, but i wanted to watch it again because i loved it.

While not as good as the original, I still think this movie isn't that bad (though I feel the climax isn't as quite as epic as the first movies'). I'm... cautiously optimistic about the new movie, so for the time being, I'm sticking with the 2009 game as the true sequel.

I was not mentally mature when that movie came out, the quips about their slime blowers, or throwers? Who knows. And while my mental maturity has barely improved, I do find the second movie enjoyable, but I liked the darker tone of the first one better.

I like them both but for some reason I enjoy the second more, just more memorable, fun, funnier moments. Most everyone I know always acts like the second one is some kind of travesty, but idk I loved it, literally every minute. The toaster scene, and remember the Titanic?

No idea why but as a kid that shit gave me nightmares.

Cecil you kinda glossed over it, anyone ever give a reason why Bill was so hard on the idea of a sequel?

piscian:
I like them both but for some reason I enjoy the second more, just more memorable, fun, funnier moments. Most everyone I know always acts like the second one is some kind of travesty, but idk I loved it, literally every minute. The toaster scene, and remember the Titanic?

No idea why but as a kid that shit gave me nightmares.

Cecil you kinda glossed over it, anyone ever give a reason why Bill was so hard on the idea of a sequel?

it does have its memorable moments. true that. the titanic didnt do anything for me at that time. i didnt even know what it was. yeah, even as a kid i didnt know about this ship.

It's funny, but for some reason Ghostbusters 2 scared me more as a kid than Ghostbusters 1 did. Viggo probably had a lot to do with it, and that scene where his little helper (can't remember his name) was walking through the darkened hallway and his eyes started glowing, scared the crap out of me.

the December King:

Casual Shinji:

Ugh, that tunnel scene... I'm surprised that those severed rotten heads were not mentioned as being distinctly not comical. Seriously. Almost as effective a jump scare as the severed head in Jaws.

Though, in your defense, I have A: been told I have terrible taste in movies, and B: clearly acknowledged that you did, indeed, state just that.

I found Predator 2 to be a perfectly serviceable action movie. It had just as much plot as the original, just a different location.

OT: I enjoy Ghostbusters 2, and feel no shame for it. It was just as cheezy and silly as the original, just took a different direction. I found it fun, and I still love the scene with the statue of liberty marching down main street to beat the shit out of concentrated evil.

The only thing that I found annoying about the movie was how they were again considered to be cooks, and thus committed, even after the events of the first movie were so widespread. To be able to convince someone that they were simply delusional because "lulz, ghosts right?! pssh, what kooks!" after a fucking skyscraper sized monster attacked the city just a few years before was beyond stupid. Other than that, it was an enjoyable movie.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here