Review: Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War II

Pages PREV 1 2

And the Hello Kitty Chapter is rumored to have been branded as heretics for spreading peace across the universe.[/quote]

Thats why I play as the angry marines. "always angry, all the time."

Do you have any Idea how to use wargear you get on the last level? there is no replay.

RedMenace:
There is only one thing I have to ask: Why the hell did they invent Blood Ravens? I wish they just simply gone with the existing Chapters. I mean why cant we play as Blood Angels in one game, Ultramarines in the other, and Mortifactors in the expansion? Also why dont they make a story campaign for Tau Empire? [/rant]

Cause tau suck. Simple as that.

darkeldar1:
Do you have any Idea how to use wargear you get on the last level? there is no replay.

Odd, when I beat the campaign it created two save games. One right before the final mission, and the other listed as "complete."

darkeldar1:

RedMenace:
There is only one thing I have to ask: Why the hell did they invent Blood Ravens? I wish they just simply gone with the existing Chapters. I mean why cant we play as Blood Angels in one game, Ultramarines in the other, and Mortifactors in the expansion? Also why dont they make a story campaign for Tau Empire? [/rant]

Cause tau suck. Simple as that.

To quote the Codex Astrates(?): "He who can not say anything of worth would be wise to keep his mouth shot."

touche.

Pretty Ponies are no match for Angry Marines.

Angry Marines are Always Angry.

RedMenace:
There is only one thing I have to ask: Why the hell did they invent Blood Ravens?

Two reasons. One is so that they're not limited by the fluff of the chapter they've chosen.

You use Ultramarines as your story chapter, you get stuffy smurfs, you use Dark Angels, you get Emo Marines, you use Space Wolves, you get VIKINGS IN SPAAAAACE!

Make up a chapter, and you get to make up the character of that chapter out of relatively whole cloth.

Also, it avoids player invalidation. Use one chapter and you piss off people who prefer other chapters, make your own up and you piss everyone off, but you piss them all off equally.

played the beta, and I didn't like it that much. the HUD was crap and well.... Why should I get this if CoH gives me about the same thing except the RPG elements which I don't like anyway? :)

Company of Heroes ftw! :D

I really liked the first ones, but I don't know, without the buildings and stuff it just doesn't seem the same

"We won. Now get me a fungus beer!"

Don't know why but it always makes me smile after a good game! That said, you should (or could make someone else) write a longer multiplayer review too when the game is better balanced. Pretty much sums up my thoughts about SP campaign though.

I commented about the review in Acti-Blizz vs Relic MM poll. Sorry for accumulating a bit of text

That's easily the most interesting fight going on atm :) (wow, Relic leads as I edited this post)

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here