Geek Remix: Who Is The Father? Mass Effect Theory

Who Is The Father? Mass Effect Theory

A theory on who is "father" of Aria's daughter in Mass Effect.

Watch Video

When playing Omega there was always a strange amount of tension between them. Aria seemed to take every opportunity to spar or call her out over the issue of adjutants, and the adjutants themselves seemed to have more important to them beyond just the normal Reaper "turn your friends against you" kind of thing.

The writing was good in the sense that you really did feel like an outside third part stumbling in on a rather personal feud, where a whole lot more was going on that you weren't privy to.

Adding that extra context/theory really does add a level of interest to that particular DLC, which wasn't the greatest overall. Thanks!

The video needed a better intro. I was totally confused until I realized that the footage was from a part I have never played. Not everyone buys the DLCs, so it would be a good idea to tell from which part of the game we are talking about.

Pretty sure the father is Konrad Curze. Now bare with me here, but they never specifically say he's not the father. Which is as much as we ever got with that waste of a character Nyreen.

Most of the fan theories make more sense than the official canon.

hentropy:
When playing Omega there was always a strange amount of tension between them. Aria seemed to take every opportunity to spar or call her out over the issue of adjutants, and the adjutants themselves seemed to have more important to them beyond just the normal Reaper "turn your friends against you" kind of thing.

The writing was good in the sense that you really did feel like an outside third part stumbling in on a rather personal feud, where a whole lot more was going on that you weren't privy to.

Adding that extra context/theory really does add a level of interest to that particular DLC, which wasn't the greatest overall. Thanks!

Yeah there definitely was something missing. So I had remembered reading the books being like "oh who's the baby daddy?" I think it makes sense in the canon because Nyreen was originally going to be Asari. Which would have made the timeline a bit easier.

CaitSeith:
The video needed a better intro. I was totally confused until I realized that the footage was from a part I have never played. Not everyone buys the DLCs, so it would be a good idea to tell from which part of the game we are talking about.

You're right. Next time i'll put some more context.

(censored)

Now I'm feeling like playing ME3 again. Gah.

I always like to think the daughter was Nyreen's as well. However, I never felt that the ages would have worked out properly. From the books and the DLC, it seems like Nyreen and the daughter would have been about the same age? It's a strange consideration, because Asari are so long lived, so who knows how quickly maturation and such occurs (and as fanboy as I am about it, I've been too lazy to scan the wikipedia for all such minutiae). But yes, I always like to make that connection in the stories I tell.

Unfortunately, the entire book was rendered "non-canon" by Bioware, if I recall correctly. If so, it truly is an exercise in "what if." Loved seeing the video, as the series still holds my imagination to this day!

I think the best theory is that Aria is Aleena, the asari mercenary that Wrex talked about in ME1.

They went to a space station to fight it out and iirc the space station exploded and Wrex escaped and he presumed Aleena died. Aria even says in ME2 that she has had many names and is probably just as old as Wrex. They might have been lovers instead of Nyreen.

Seracen:
I always like to think the daughter was Nyreen's as well. However, I never felt that the ages would have worked out properly. From the books and the DLC, it seems like Nyreen and the daughter would have been about the same age? It's a strange consideration, because Asari are so long lived, so who knows how quickly maturation and such occurs (and as fanboy as I am about it, I've been too lazy to scan the wikipedia for all such minutiae). But yes, I always like to make that connection in the stories I tell.

Unfortunately, the entire book was rendered "non-canon" by Bioware, if I recall correctly. If so, it truly is an exercise in "what if." Loved seeing the video, as the series still holds my imagination to this day!

Only the final book was considered non canon. All the other ones were written by the world creator of Mass Effect and were intended to be a part of the overall universe.

Since we have two instances of Asari expressing when they reach adulthood/independence from their parents. The ages of 40-60 is considered normal to be considered an adult. As stated in the video.

pearcinator:
I think the best theory is that Aria is Aleena, the asari mercenary that Wrex talked about in ME1.

They went to a space station to fight it out and iirc the space station exploded and Wrex escaped and he presumed Aleena died. Aria even says in ME2 that she has had many names and is probably just as old as Wrex. They might have been lovers instead of Nyreen.

I always liked that one as well.

pearcinator:

Actually, Wrex knew she was still alive because after escaping himself, she sent him a message saying; "Better luck next time."

That's how he got the job as the volus's body guard.

Still, based on the story, that does sound like Aria, and she isn't exactly a young asari so maybe fighting Wrex was one of her old adventures. Would prepare her well for beating Patriarch.

As for Wrex being the dad, I'm not sure about that. They didn't sound like they were THAT close. Also, this would have happened before Aria was on Omega.
I haven't read the books so I guess I'd have to ask Mari.

geekremix_Mari:

Many thoughts are held within. Known only by their creator.

Aria's kid has to be at least 40-60, right? So, how old could she be? Like I said, I haven't read the Mass Effect books, so did they give you any details on when Aria had her child?

If she could have been born before her getting to Omega, Wrex could be the dad. Or at least they would have to be someone besides Nyreen.
Otherwise, Nyreen sounds like a good guess to me.

And maybe she was Aleena when she was younger. We never see her and Wrex in the same place, or talking about each other after all. >:D

Silentpony:
Pretty sure the father is Konrad Curze. Now bare with me here, but they never specifically say he's not the father. Which is as much as we ever got with that waste of a character Nyreen.

... wait wait wait, Konrad Curze?! Are you saying that Aria f****d the Night Haunter? How has her daughter not conquered the universe yet?

Mangod:
SNIP

Well obviously Konrad had visions on his daughter dying and thought if he kept his distance, then maybe he could alter her fate.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here