#092: Bad Tactics

#092: Bad Tactics

Landslide is actually a much better name.

Read Full Article

Oooh, I am loving that boot!!!!
Landslide, show yourself (off)! :D

I really, REALLY hope that's a hilarious mish-mash of Cloud and Squall that's stepping on screen. I can already here the Linkin Park queuing up!

The Wooster:
Landslide is actually a much better name.

And a pretty good song at that. :3

So, how many belt buckles will Cory have to draw for this character. There's already 2 for the boot.

-Dragmire-:
So, how many belt buckles will Cory have to draw for this character. There's already 2 for the boot.

Depends on how overpowered the protagonist is going to be. As we all know: the only way to truly judge a JRPG character's power is by how many belts they're wearing in places one wouldn't traditionally were a belt.

Fun Fact: Doug Funny is actually the most powerful JRPG character ever conceived, considering he somehow managed to get the extra flap of a belt to stand perpendicular to the rest of the belt while wearing it on his head.

i think the crystals are actually telling people that the corporation is evil so that their health potions don't remove the necessity of the crystals and deprive them of their status as gods or something like that

I guess we're about to meet the newest addition to the permanent cast... well, if we're assuming certain things about the way the story will progress.

You knew it was coming.....

**(Sings)**
Well, I've been afraid of changing
'Cause I've built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Even children get older
And I'm getting older too

Don't hit me! I know it's a FF7 joke. I couldn't help it.

Oh boy, is that "Totally Not Vincent Valentine"? :D *_*. Though, to be honest, I was hoping for a Tifa or Celes.

Ukomba:
Oh boy, is that "Totally Not Vincent Valentine"? :D *_*. Though, to be honest, I was hoping for a Tifa or Celes.

Those two are way too level headed for this strip. Although, it would be funny to have an innocent flower girl that's actually a dangerous psychopath. We all remember what happened last time Aerith found herself in this situation, right?

-Dragmire-:

There's is already 3, 2 on the leg and one on the front of the boot, sadly been a JRPG character, there is good chance their clothing isn't symmetrical, so it is impossible to guess there is at least 6 of them. =p

I'm now expecting "Landslide's" outfit to be more belts and buckles than anything else, and his hair to be at least half his standing height.

-Dragmire-:
So, how many belt buckles will Cory have to draw for this character.

All of them. And one more just in case.

Boot is too skinny to be Not-Barret. So, who is it going to be?

Oooooohhh! Sly political commentary, you dogs you.

RJ 17:

-Dragmire-:

Depends on how overpowered the protagonist is going to be. As we all know: the only way to truly judge a JRPG character's power is by how many belts they're wearing in places one wouldn't traditionally were a belt.

Fun Fact: Doug Funny is actually the most powerful JRPG character ever conceived, considering he somehow managed to get the extra flap of a belt to stand perpendicular to the rest of the belt while wearing it on his head.

I managed to do it once, as a last minute Halloween costume. It required duct tape to keep it in place, though.

God, His cloths better made out of belts.

CyanCat47:
i think the crystals are actually telling people that the corporation is evil so that their health potions don't remove the necessity of the crystals and deprive them of their status as gods or something like that

An interesting theory, but you seem to be forgetting that the corporation or whatever they are, just ordered their troops to burn down a building full of orphans. Also, since the soda pop seems to be made from crystals, they just might not want to be ground up and drank.

Not saying the crystal people couldn't be evil too (happened in FF12 after all), but I wouldn't discount corporation's evilness either.

I want random goon #2 to join the party.
All RPG parties need AT LEAST one random goon to be a real party.

Does this mean that the resistance would be winning by a Landslide? *grabs popcorn*

Other than that, we're keeping his clothes... for STATS!

RJ 17:

No wonder Doug Walker hates him... Funny could kick his ass!

Imp Emissary:

CyanCat47:

An interesting theory, but you seem to be forgetting that the corporation or whatever they are, just ordered their troops to burn down a building full of orphans. Also, since the soda pop seems to be made from crystals, they just might not want to be ground up and drank.

Not saying the crystal people couldn't be evil too (happened in FF12 after all), but I wouldn't discount corporation's evilness either.

the corporation is definately evil but landslide doesn't seem much better. if they are actually based that close to an orphanage and knew the risk of beeing caught they basically used the orphans as meat shields

StormShaun:
I want random goon #2 to join the party.
All RPG parties need AT LEAST one random goon to be a real party.

I second this, his dry, down-trodden relate-ability appeals to me.

Things look like their getting good now. I had completely forgotten about the Final Fantasy theme they were going for.

Wait, why does Erin need two hands to hold that soda can? Are her hands tiny, or is the can huge?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here