#093: Party Time

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Oh shit, dude in red is packing Maximum Edge! Watch you don't cut yourself people.

And I'm thinking not-Tifa has painted her shorts on today

So we got Not-Cloud, Not-Vincent, Not-Tifa, Not-WhiteMage, and Not-TokenBlackMan.

Fantastic.

Complete with the abundance of belts since a JRPG has to have a developer's fetish. Spot on.

Not-Barret gives me Snow vibes though...Why?

Erin and co are incorrectly attired for this RPG world.

Oh man, tifa is automatically the best character in anything she's in. I look forward to her and Erin butting heads.

I assume this going to about Old FF vs. New FF. That should be interesting to see play out.

Sooo, Tiffa, Sazh, Fluttershy, Vincent, and Cloud? Take Fluttershy with you :D you need a healer.

OBJECTION!!

Sorry had to be done. XD

Fanservice girl is only there for the fanservice.

Naturally Sound:
Complete with the abundance of belts since a JRPG has to have a developer's fetish. Spot on.

Really? The black guy with the funk-tastic afro strikes me as "he's gonna die first." And that would be very un-funky.

The healer girl looks as if she's an expert when it comes to medicinal herbs and the many ways to use them.

The Wooster:

Oh dear.

I second that.

Ahahahahahaha!!!!!

Seriously, good decision to not have any text this time! :D

Solo-Wing:
So we got Not-Cloud, Not-Vincent, Not-Tifa, Not-WhiteMage, and Not-TokenBlackMan.

Fantastic.

See I would have gone for:
Boobs Attached to Fists
Luke Cage
Better Buy Life Insurance
The Crimson F***er
and Gackt

NPC009:
The healer girl looks as if she's an expert when it comes to medicinal herbs and the many ways to use them.

She sells the dankest of inhalants and gives the sweetest kush.

OT I can already tell that this is gonna go swimmingly.

You got Final Fantasy is my...er, Final Fantasy. Auron's using a gun like Vincent, Sazh has gone shirtless like Barret, Tifa seems to be carrying a weapon on her back, Cloud has been watching some more anime and...he is still a he, right? I think we have a vampire cleric. So does it hurt every time she uses healing magic?

Oh my goodness.
What a beautiful fashion trainwreck of a group.

They've GOT to be protagonists.

Naturally Sound:

He actually feel more like Sazh, what with the fro.

Not. Enough. Belts.

Sniper Team 4:
You got Final Fantasy is my...er, Final Fantasy. Auron's using a gun like Vincent, Sazh has gone shirtless like Barret, Tifa seems to be carrying a weapon on her back, Cloud has been watching some more anime and...he is still a he, right? I think we have a vampire cleric. So does it hurt every time she uses healing magic?

Also, it looks like Tifa's been fused with Yuffie.

Why does the sword have a nose ring?

The Wooster:
Oh dear.

Oh dear, indeed!

Because traditionally Tifa's wearing a miniskirt, not hotpants. :3

Seriously though, love the spoof on the FF7 party...especially how "Cloud"s hair is black and blonde.

I swear that Cleric straight up murders on a regular basis with that deadly mace. Those are the eyes of someone who has taken many lives.

Love this. Best bit is that Not-Vincent's so dedicated to having a cool pose he seems to have walked up to this situation sideways, like a crab, given that everyone else is facing forwards.

Ukomba:
Sooo, Tiffa, Sazh, Fluttershy, Vincent, and Cloud? Take Fluttershy with you :D you need a healer.

Correction. Twelve year old who puts water balloons in her sports bra, what you would get if the 60s fucked the 70s, an anemic turnus doctor from who was just awoken in the middle of the night, the avarage gynecologist and a man who is desperately trying to keep his V-card by covering his magnificent abs in belts and wearing a hat made of flayed wolf tails.

KarmaTheAlligator:

Because if your sword doesn't have enough doo-dads and diddly-bobs, then you don't stand out, and then you're an NPC. And we all know what happens to NPCs in games like this.

See, Cloud figured it out by the time Advent Children rolled around. His sword had doo-dads that were other swords.

Solo-Wing:

Fantastic.

I was thinking it was not-Tifa, Barret-Sazh, not-White Mage, Vincent-Auron, and Cloud-Ramza.

The Rogue Wolf:

KarmaTheAlligator:

Because if your sword doesn't have enough doo-dads and diddly-bobs, then you don't stand out, and then you're an NPC. And we all know what happens to NPCs in games like this.

See, Cloud figured it out by the time Advent Children rolled around. His sword had doo-dads that were other swords.

You'd think the sword being bigger than the wielder would be enough to stand out, but I see your point. In that case, the sword isn't nearly doo-dad-y enough.

KarmaTheAlligator:

The Rogue Wolf:

KarmaTheAlligator:

You'd think the sword being bigger than the wielder would be enough to stand out, but I see your point. In that case, the sword isn't nearly doo-dad-y enough.

Yeah, He really needs to glue a pizza cutter to the end. Or maybe replace it with a giant, sharpened tuning fork.

Looks like an amalgam of Final fantasy characters. Neat! Especially "not tifa." mmmm Not tifa. In the Not Advent Children style. yay!
I really want to see how things work out.

KarmaTheAlligator:

That actually has some basis in reality. There's a certain style of Chinese broadsword that had rings on the back. The idea was that after a swing, the rings would hit against the back of the sword letting it hit harder. I don't think it actually worked though.

Hmmmm... Erin looks different somehow... I just can't put down my phoenix on it...

Other than that, if only that secret base had secret insurance...

The belts killed me. Is it too late to leave?

Saltyk:

Solo-Wing:

Fantastic.

I was thinking it was not-Tifa, Barret-Sazh, not-White Mage, Vincent-Auron, and Cloud-Ramza.

I had pretty much the exact same impression, except in my mind Barret got crossed with Jimi Hendrix[1]

[1] No, really, imagine him with a guitar. Would totally work, although it should probably be a guitar/axe hybrid, because Final Fantasy

Souplex:

KarmaTheAlligator:

That actually has some basis in reality. There's a certain style of Chinese broadsword that had rings on the back. The idea was that after a swing, the rings would hit against the back of the sword letting it hit harder. I don't think it actually worked though.

Fair enough. This version still makes it look like a nose ring, and one that'd prevent any stabbing, too.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here