Good Bad Flicks: State of Emergency

State of Emergency

Back before zombie movies started getting overused.

Watch Video

Thanks for the review, it's nice to see a zombie movie that focuses on the characters for once. I got tired of many things zombie after Zombieland came out. The last video games I really enjoyed that involved zombies were Lollipop Chainsaw and Onechanbara Z2: Chaos. Other than that, nothing else.

CoCage:
Thanks for the review, it's nice to see a zombie movie that focuses on the characters for once. I got tired of many things zombie after Zombieland came out. The last video games I really enjoyed that involved zombies were Lollipop Chainsaw and Onechanbara Z2: Chaos. Other than that, nothing else.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

I liked State of Decay a lot, because it was about survival rather than just shooting zombies. You had to get a base, build up a group, hunt for supplies, etc.

There still are some zombie movies and games that come out that are good but now, its almost comical the quantity of both. Especially when we start getting PG-13 zombie movies, that's when its time to pack it in.

Glad to see the military weren't the bad guys for once? Resident Evil refrence and clip from the first game? I didn't think it was possible for me to like your show more than I already do, but somehow you managed the impossible. By the way, have you ever thought about doing an episode on The Boondock Saints? It's one of my favorite movies, and I think you could make one hell of a funny and informative video about it.

LysanderNemoinis:
Glad to see the military weren't the bad guys for once? Resident Evil refrence and clip from the first game? I didn't think it was possible for me to like your show more than I already do, but somehow you managed the impossible.

Thank you! :)

Boondock Saints is on the list, maybe closer to the release of the 3rd movie. (next year I believe)

CecilT:

LysanderNemoinis:
Glad to see the military weren't the bad guys for once? Resident Evil refrence and clip from the first game? I didn't think it was possible for me to like your show more than I already do, but somehow you managed the impossible.

Thank you! :)

Boondock Saints is on the list, maybe closer to the release of the 3rd movie. (next year I believe)

HOLY SHIT! The third one is actually coming out at last? Well, it looks like like Christmas is coming twice next year. Also, which did you like more, the first or second?

I don't think intelligent people are allowed in zombie movies. If they were, there would be no tension or jump scares because they would remember to lock the doors!

LysanderNemoinis:

HOLY SHIT! The third one is actually coming out at last? Well, it looks like like Christmas is coming twice next year. Also, which did you like more, the first or second?

Last I heard it was happening but who knows, it seems like things get announced and then later unannounced. Seems they have started some pre-pre-pre-production to try to drum up more interest.

I need to watch the two back to back to make that call.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here