Metal Gear - Sturdy Serpent

Metal Gear - Sturdy Serpent

Played today, Metal Gear is both a charming retro throwback to the Solid line, and a great introduction to the series overall.

Read Full Article

Metal Gear?

Someone had to say it.

The NES version was actually the first one I played, terrible translation and all("I feel asleep"). The only other one I played was MGS back in the 1990's on the PC and....I've kind of not bothered with the rest of the series. However, I got the legacy collection(all the main games and some of the important side ones(I guess that's what Peace Walker is))) so I guess at some point I'll see the whole thing from front to back.

The one annoying thing about this game are the punchable walls. They're never properly introduced, and they're a pain to discover.

I too applaud and respect the hell out of Kojima for going through the entire series without a reboot and keeping just about everything canon. While I'm not much of a fan, as I've only played a few of the games and only really enjoyed MGS5, I can definitely see why people love the hell out of it. However, I have to say that I wish Resident Evil got a bit more respect from the industry than it does, as in a lot of ways it's like the horror version of Metal Gear. But that's just me.

I first played Metal Gear on the PS1. I quite liked it, even though the theme was somewhat self contradicting. For all the story elements that tell us we should value and enjoy life, there sure is a lot of killing in the game.

The NES game is a damn fiddle travesty. They managed to find one way after another to ruin it. But the MSX2 original? The same one repackaged with MGS3 Subsistence? A wonderful game, a true classic, and one of my favorites. I kinda wanna go play it now.

P.S. Thanks

Never bothered with the first Metal Gear and I still won't. It was cool seeing--what is that, the cover or the box? It's a straight ripoff of Michael Biehn from the first Terminator movie. Very cool.

008Zulu:
I first played Metal Gear on the PS1. I quite liked it, even though the theme was somewhat self contradicting. For all the story elements that tell us we should value and enjoy life, there sure is a lot of killing in the game.

You mean the third? Because the first Metal Gear never was on the PS1.

Bindal:

008Zulu:

You mean the third? Because the first Metal Gear never was on the PS1.

I think you misread my post. The first time I played MGS was on the PS1.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here