King of the Dinosaurs

King of the Dinosaurs

And then there's THIS asshole.

Read Full Article

Always remember;

Though times may be at their darkest, it can always get worse.

Gjuy was just trying to be friendly, til you were a jerk to him. Lighten up, brah!

They weren't in decline, they were pining for the fjords.

sinking temperatures are a possible explaination but theories also exist that suggest that creatures as large as the dinosaurs died out due to increasing gravitational pull and that this is the reason why creatures as big as them have not reappeared since

I don't know why, but the line "And then there's this asshole." made me laugh harder than it probably should. :P

CyanCat47:
sinking temperatures are a possible explaination but theories also exist that suggest that creatures as large as the dinosaurs died out due to increasing gravitational pull and that this is the reason why creatures as big as them have not reappeared since

Link? I mean, it's a fun hypothesis, but without any evidence, it's basically just some people saying that the constants of physics changed.

I love how blase he is 'bout All Dat Shit!
"What's next, mass extinction? Urgh!".

I blame Din-Obama.

This is probably scientifically inaccurate (and an open invitation for posting T-Rex memes on this thread).

Alleged_Alec:

CyanCat47:

Link? I mean, it's a fun hypothesis, but without any evidence, it's basically just some people saying that the constants of physics changed.

in hindsight i phrased that the wrong way. it was something i heard and i have forgotten where

S.M.O.D. 65,000,000 BC!

Cataclysmic climate change you can believe in!

The moment you realize you've been that t-rex once in your life. We've all been there man .. *bro hugs the skeleton*.

You fool! Migrating North during that time of year is a suicide in disguise!! You should have headed East for some pending Multiculturalism, South for some pending Imperialism, or West for some pending Adventure Capitalism!

Other than that, I'd assume the rest died from either severe frostbite and/or extreme 02 suffocation... unless it was Alien-bowling...

It is funny to me in kinda a hipsterish "I was into dinos before they were cool" way (except that in itself is kinda dumb as dinosaurs have ALWAYS rocked) that as a student of Palaeontology, I can tell you that we've known for quite a few years that dinos were reeeeeeally suffering during the Cretaceous. Then I'm listening to the radio and after all the celebrity buzz they randomly throw in 'In other news, new research seems to suggest that dinosaurs were actually going extinct before the impact event that wiped out the majority of their species."

I'm just like "Yeah... duh."

Don't get me wrong, I'm a total asshole for thinking like that but it was one of those legitimate 'Oh right, people are totally different' moments.

Redlin5:
I blame Din-Obama.

I like this pun. :D

Thanks Din-Obama!

Caramel Frappe:
The moment you realize you've been that t-rex once in your life. We've all been there man .. *bro hugs the skeleton*.

Don't you mean *Bro hugs the Fossil* ;D

Grouchy Imp:

He's not pining, he's passed on! This Tyrannosaurus is no more! He has ceased to be!

Species come and go
Memes are forever

008Zulu:
Always remember;

Though times may be at their darkest, it can always get worse.

I thought that things couldn't get worse
Until I realized I simply had poor imagination.

Yeah... they were actually recovering from the meteor blast, then died out.

0/10- needs more feathers.

also, paleontologists agree that the t-rex was among the more idealistic and positive of all dino breeds. to the point their original name for the beast was "pollyannasaurus"

Well, bud, if it makes you feel better, in about sixty-five million years a bunch of upright-walking monkeys will make a movie and you'll look badass in it!

The Rogue Wolf:
Well, bud, if it makes you feel better, in about sixty-five million years a bunch of upright-walking monkeys will make a movie and you'll look badass in it!

Totes worth it.

- Posthumous Rex

The Rogue Wolf:

"Best action movie of the summer!" says Dinosaur Bar-B-Que.
"Kind of speciesist, to be honest...makes us look like stereotypes." says a dinosaur at a barbecue.
"Oh God, my legs! They're cooking and eating my legs!!" says a human at the barbecue.

Reminds me of a Rick and Morty skit

Incidentally, this also serves as an excellent metaphor for playing Dark Soul's

Darth_Payn:

Grouchy Imp:

He's not pining, he's passed on! This Tyrannosaurus is no more! He has ceased to be!

Beautiful plumage, eh? Wait. This dinosaur has NO plumage. I denounce this humorous illustration for lack of scientific and paleontological accuracy. I think. Do dinosaurs have feathers now or not? Which theory is the cool theory these days? Because I want to believe they were all orange and dressed in steampunk pantaloons.

balladbird:

That's your only issue here? Not the fucked up hands and spine?

bigfatcarp93:

balladbird:

That's your only issue here? Not the fucked up hands and spine?

The average comic artist cant even remotely get their own species right most of the time, what hope is there for non humans.

Lies! We all know how the dinosaurs died:

Is Mass Effect still considered current, or is this an old, obscure reference now?

Redlin5:
I blame Din-Obama.

Me to. Obama is dangerous.

Clankenbeard:

Darth_Payn:

Grouchy Imp:

Beautiful plumage, eh? Wait. This dinosaur has NO plumage. I denounce this humorous illustration for lack of scientific and paleontological accuracy. I think. Do dinosaurs have feathers now or not? Which theory is the cool theory these days? Because I want to believe they were all orange and dressed in steampunk pantaloons.

Las I checked its sorta both. We definitely know the smaller drameosaurs (raptors and the like) had feathers. And it's highly probable that Rex's were at least born with feathers but may have lost them as they grew. If only someone would grow on in a park. We should pick a name that rolls off the tongue not one that is accurate to our animals. Cenozoic or Cretaceous just sound wrong.

Duuuuuude, that's not even an actual dinosaur.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here