Judging By The Cover: Judging Now You See Me 2

Judging Now You See Me 2

Judging Now You See Me 2 by the cover.

Watch Video

I frankly can't believe that the original got a sequel.

Bob_McMillan:
I frankly can't believe that the original got a sequel.

I'm shocked too. That movie was fucking awful! It does the same thing as Heavy Rain by pulling the "character who's perspective we view the story through isn't simply unreliable but outright lying to us." For anyone who hasn't seen the movie, it's about a detective trying to catch a bunch of magicians who are robbing billionaires and at the end of the movie it reveals HE WAS BEHIND IT THE WHOLE TIME. Except it makes no sense given his actions throughout the entire movie. It doesn't even try to make sense.

Now You See Me, the kid's version of Ocean's 11.

Why is it so hip to make fun of anime conventions? I go to one every year, in costume, and have a great time!
And to me, Michael Caine in the back is still dressed for that one caf? by the river in Florence, keeping a look out for Bruce and his latest arm-candy.

I lost it at U R MR GAY as the secret message of the Mario cover.

The actual movie looks like it will be crap, based on the poster. People stuck in a playing card maze and all looking up at the viewer while most of them wear black looks like the cover of a badly-written paperback private detective action-adventure suspense novel from the 1980s.

I'm kind of disappointed the 9 of hearts threefold didn't make the cut.

Darth_Payn:
Why is it so hip to make fun of anime conventions? I go to one every year, in costume, and have a great time!

They make the bad guys cry like an anime fan on prom night.

Wait.

OT: I was just trying to play a game of "recognize the actors" throughout. Morgan Freeman, Mark Ruffalo, Daniel Radcliffe, and then I kinda lost the rest. I probably could've gotten Michael Caine had the image not looked so pixelated, and apparently Dave Franco is on there somewhere? Is he the right-most of the punch-face triumvirate?

Why are there so many high-profile actors for a film series people apparently don't like? Why is it a film series? I'd never even heard of the first one, I'm so out of touch with movies.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here