Judging By The Cover: Judging King's Quest

Judging King's Quest

Judging King's Quest by the cover.

Watch Video

Hey... the Atari ST was pretty good. I mean, I didn't own one - I was Team Amiga all the way back then - but it was a decent enough system to play on at a mate's house.

Please tell me I wasn't the only one who tried to clean the dirt off my monitor when he first scrolled to the Master System version.

Its a horror manga loosely based off of totes spoopy things happening to people who really don't want spoopy things happening to them. Also something about wanting to fill every hole you find, but don't read too much into that.

http://junjiitomanga.wikia.com/wiki/The_Enigma_of_Amigara_Fault

Silentpony:
Its a horror manga loosely based off of totes spoopy things happening to people who really don't want spoopy things happening to them. Also something about wanting to fill every hole you find, but don't read too much into that.

http://junjiitomanga.wikia.com/wiki/The_Enigma_of_Amigara_Fault

Looked pretty creepy to me.

I always got the impression that Yahtzee hated this Japanese stuff, but then he goes and makes little references to obscure anime and manga. It's like he's a closeted wheaboo, but he loathes himself for it.

Junji Ito? I knew it looked familiar.

Fox12:
I always got the impression that Yahtzee hated this Japanese stuff, but then he goes and makes little references to obscure anime and manga. It's like he's a closeted wheaboo, but he loathes himself for it.

How about this weird idea that someone can like Japanese stuff withought being a "weaboo"?

slo:
Junji Ito? I knew it looked familiar.

Fox12:

How about this weird idea that someone can like Japanese stuff withought being a "weaboo"?

The point being, that's how he's always talked about anime. With a certain disgust that implies the medium is made up of nothing but pockie eating naruto fans.

Fox12:

The point being, that's how he's always talked about anime. With a certain disgust that implies the medium is made up of nothing but pockie eating naruto fans.

A lot of what he says is playing off the stereotype to make a joke. It has been said about politics, but it probably applies to other things as well. Plus weeaboo is a person that likes Japanese shit indiscriminately. Yahtzee as a critic probably hates that.
He did talk about manga several times in his LDO series. He does not strike me as a weeaboo person, but he probably does not shy away from stuff just because it's Japanese.

I didnt know the Wicked Queen from Disney's Snow White was in King's Quest, split between her two forms.

I'm surprised he didn't draw attention to the Labyrinth-starring-David-Bowie-esque package outline being sported by Graham in that first cover. Guess he didn't want to pick the low hanging fruit.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here