The Year in Review, and Emails from the Edge V: The Forum Post Frontier

The Year in Review, and Emails from the Edge V: The Forum Post Frontier

So, it is the end of yet another year, and it's been quite an eventful one in pop culture, and in general (and, unfortunately, a pretty terrible one for most of us).

Read Full Article

"the title that might be the newest Citizen Kane of video games,"

We already have it, its called Mother 3.

RaikuFA:

That was the previous Citizen Kane of video games. The next one is the newest one.

RaikuFA:

Uh, Dynasty Warriors is the Citizen Kane of Gaming.

Saelune:

RaikuFA:

I'd love to see Citizen Kane 5: Xtreme Legends.

Garwulf #34, "A Tale of Two Historical Movies," managed something that has never happened in the history of this column - it had no reader comments (with the exception of a single spam comment in another language on Facebook). Not sure why this happened - perhaps it could be the proximity to American Thanksgiving or the election.

That was one of my favourite columns of the new run. The thing was, I couldn't think of a meaningful statement to make about the column afterwards other than, "Well done," that wouldn't descend into a forum-based column of my own about historical movies, historical fiction in general, and some unexpectedly strong opinions on how to film Toussaint Louverture, so I left the field blank. Now I feel a little bad.

Thunderous Cacophony:

Saelune:

RaikuFA:

I'd love to see Citizen Kane 5: Xtreme Legends.

Garwulf #34, "A Tale of Two Historical Movies," managed something that has never happened in the history of this column - it had no reader comments (with the exception of a single spam comment in another language on Facebook). Not sure why this happened - perhaps it could be the proximity to American Thanksgiving or the election.

That was one of my favourite columns of the new run. The thing was, I couldn't think of a meaningful statement to make about the column afterwards other than, "Well done," that wouldn't descend into a forum-based column of my own about historical movies, historical fiction in general, and some unexpectedly strong opinions on how to film Toussaint Louverture, so I left the field blank. Now I feel a little bad.

In case you did not know, I am referencing Jim Sterling.

Sort of flattering to be quoted twice.

Best of luck with your writing endeavors in the new year, Mr. Marks.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here