Judging By The Cover: Judging Contra III: The Alien Wars

Judging Contra III: The Alien Wars

Judging Contra III: The Alien Wars by the cover.

Watch Video

Giant I-cock; best way to start off the new year! It's the cursive that really sells it, I reckon!

Funny side-note: As I turned my music back on after watching the video it was "Kanon, susser Tod" from the Neon Genesis Evangelion soundtrack that started playing. Or in less pretentious terms, Pachelbel's Canon in D major. Yes, the very same song; such a spooky coincidence! ;)

The "nasties?" Weren't those the villains in the NeverEnding Story III? You know, the really shit one.

Those probots sure have big chest plates.

FYI, it's called Super Probotector, as the original Contra was called Probotector.
Because the sheer sight of armed men, no matter the quantity of pixels involved in their graphical representation, would have surely pushed gentle german kids to old WW2 habits.
While humanless robots crushing an alien rebellion was certainly more adequate to nurture the best side of humankind.

mtarzaim02:
FYI, it's called Super Probotector, as the original Contra was called Probotector.
Because the sheer sight of armed men, no matter the quantity of pixels involved in their graphical representation, would have surely pushed gentle german kids to old WW2 habits.
While humanless robots crushing an alien rebellion was certainly more adequate to nurture the best side of humankind.

Eh, give me anime styled mechs over boring army dudes any day, though the art for the original Probotector was much cooler than the one Super Probotector got.

Windknight:

mtarzaim02:

Eh, give me anime styled mechs over boring army dudes any day, though the art for the original Probotector was much cooler than the one Super Probotector got.

Yet no amount of cool art can make up for the name "Probotector". Seriously, Probotector sounds like a robotic dildo that "protects" by sodomising it's enemies (the "probo" sounds more like probe than protector).

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54106)