Zero Punctuation: Let It Die

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Let It Die

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Let It Die.

Watch Video

Welp that Hillary jab is certain to rustle somebodies jimmies out there. Back to the game, it looks like Yahtzee actually may have enjoyed it a little. If it wasn't free to play I might actually be interested. Though to be honest I kind of hope this is the year that free to play games finally crash and burn.

A trump refrence at the end would have worked better. Hillary ran a good campaign, trump failed his way into winning. Mostly because he could say he was an outsider and apparently president is the only job that we want negative qualifications for.

I think we can actually do a dictionary of words ruined by games. Let's see... advantage, bastardize, clone, daring, ... loot, motion, near-death, online, perjorative, QTE, ... , vindication, warrant, Xbox [One launch], Yoga, Zombie. You can fill in the blanks yourself.

Worgen:
Trump ran a good campaign, Hillary failed her way into losing.

FTFY.

OT: For a free game, Let It Die is good mindless fun if you like Souls-ish gameplay, Dead Rising-ish weapons, and being able to make enemies explode with blood just by punching them.

I miss those obscure Australian political references.

Madmanonfire:

Worgen:
Hillary ran a good campaign, Trump failed her way into losing.

FTFY.

OT: For a free game, Let It Die is good mindless fun if you like Souls-ish gameplay, Dead Rising-ish weapons, and being able to make enemies explode with blood just by punching them.

trump ran a shit campaign and you know it, it was fail from the first day. But some people are stupid and like fail if fail talks big which he did. He failed into it and you fucken know it.

I like how Suda's origin story changes every time Yahtzee reviews one of his games.

Hilary jab?!

Yeah I have a love hate relationship with Let it Die, on one hand the gameplay is fun and the weapons are really diverse but dodging sucks and grinding for money is a bitch. Still had a lot of fun with it.

Silentpony:
Hilary jab?!

Who knows, maybe we hit 30 replies this time!

Worgen:

Madmanonfire:

Worgen:
Hillary ran a good campaign, Trump failed her way into losing.

FTFY.

trump ran a shit campaign and you know it, it was fail from the first day. But some people are stupid and like fail if fail talks big which he did. He failed into it and you fucken know it.

Not really. Every losing candidate in the past 16 years has had a greater percentage of the popular vote than Trump, save McCain: 45.7% to Trump's 46%) In a sane nation, where the DNC listened to its constituents and nominated its overwhelmingly more popular and largely scandal-free candidate, Trump would never have stood a damn chance. The story of 2016 isn't that Trump won, its that Hillary lost.

It's funny, that exact same strategy is what allowed the Democrats to win in 2008 and 2012.

Oh you, console controls!
When will you ever stop being funny on consoles and so aggravatingly horrendous in your infection of the PC Master Race's games?

I've caught myself sniggering more and more at Zero Punctuation as of late.
By Jove, I thinks he's coming back into another apex again.
Ta, Sir.

Worgen:
A trump refrence at the end would have worked better. Hillary ran a good campaign, trump failed his way into winning. Mostly because he could say he was an outsider and apparently president is the only job that we want negative qualifications for.

Hillary who also in 2008 was known to be pro establishment.
Hillary who would change her views based on her donors.
Hillary who would pretend to back people if she thought it could get her more votes.
Hillary who could've lost to Bernie Sanders if she didn't have Democratic Establishment.
Hillary who had an easier time dismissing Black Lives Matter.
Hillary who probably only needed Wall Street to win New York.
Hillary who probably cost us our first progressive female president, Elizabeth Warren, by running.

That Hillary ran a good campaign?

Also Larry Lessig could've beaten Hillary too if Main Stream Media didn't quickly silence him.

Jacked Assassin:

Worgen:

Hillary who also in 2008 was known to be pro establishment.
Hillary who would change her views based on her donors.
Hillary who would pretend to back people if she thought it could get her more votes.
Hillary who could've lost to Bernie Sanders if she didn't have Democratic Establishment.
Hillary who had an easier time dismissing Black Lives Matter.
Hillary who probably only needed Wall Street to win New York.
Hillary who probably cost us our first progressive female president, Elizabeth Warren, by running.

That Hillary ran a good campaign?

Also Larry Lessig could've beaten Hillary too if Main Stream Media didn't quickly silence him.

Pro establishment doesnt mean anything by itself.
I have yet to see a politician who doesn't reflect the views of doners.
citation needed.
I've heard she stepped down in 08 for obama so she could run when his term was up so there might have been a preexisting deal kinda thing.
citation needed
Trump was losing new york no matter what. Aside from the fact they know about his crimes, new york tends to go dem.
citation needed.

Worgen:

Except Hilary played right into Trump's hands by saying "I am running to be the first women president! I am an outsider!"
especially when she's lived in white house for 8 years and was Senator and Secretary of State ever since. She should have used her qualification as a positive but decided to go with the opposite.

Also, her campaign focus was more on "Why we can't let Donald Trump win" more than why she's qualified for the job.

If Trump's campaign was a failure, I'd argue Hilary's campaign to be even more so.

Fuck's sakes, it's been maybe an hour and this thread reminds me of the R&P section.

Igor-Rowan:
I think we can actually do a dictionary of words ruined by games... snip snip snip- QTE

Wait, what? This wasn't even a term BEFORE video games. I get that video games ruined a video game term, but I think Yahtzee was going for normal real world words that video games ruined, not gaming words gaming ruined. Dunno if I'm making sense when I say that though

Elvis Starburst:
Snip

Okay fine, I was too lazy to write Quick Time Events, so let's say it's a combo and VG ruined 3 words: Quick because of games with action too fast paced, time because of time limits, and events because of E3.

Now everybody's happy.

mysecondlife:

Worgen:

Except Hilary played right into Trump's hands by saying "I am running to be the first women president! I am an outsider!"
especially when she's lived in white house for 8 years and was Senator and Secretary of State ever since. She should have used her qualification as a positive but decided to go with the opposite.

Also, her campaign focus was more on "Why we can't let Donald Trump win" more than why she's qualified for the job.

If Trump's campaign was a failure, I'd argue Hilary's campaign to be even more so.

I don't remember her ever claiming to be a political outsider. Shes been invovled in politics too long to be able to make that claim, then again every politician tries to claim that since for some reason we want people with no experience leading us.

There are lots of good reasons on why he shouldn't ever have been allowed to win. Hell, he pretty much was advocating rape. But, its Hillary, for some reason she has a ton of political baggage despite the fact that her scandle sheet isn't really that different from most long time politicians. But she has been constantly hit for it since she was the first lady. The baggage is more from the never ending barrage rather than any of them really being that noticeable.

Thanks for the heads up about starting a new character instead of keep playing the old one.

Vendor-Lazarus:

I've caught myself sniggering more and more at Zero Punctuation as of late.
By Jove, I thinks he's coming back into another apex again.
Ta, Sir.

The Venn diagram about things in your mouth vs things you should throw got me.

Jacked Assassin:
Main Stream Media

It's called media, bro.

Worgen:

mysecondlife:

Worgen:

I don't remember her ever claiming to be a political outsider. Shes been invovled in politics too long to be able to make that claim, then again every politician tries to claim that since for some reason we want people with no experience leading us.

There are lots of good reasons on why he shouldn't ever have been allowed to win. Hell, he pretty much was advocating rape. But, its Hillary, for some reason she has a ton of political baggage despite the fact that her scandle sheet isn't really that different from most long time politicians. But she has been constantly hit for it since she was the first lady. The baggage is more from the never ending barrage rather than any of them really being that noticeable.

You're smart enough to know that even if you don't remember it doesn't mean it never happened. Just google search "Hillary Clinton Outsider"and you're bound to find video clip, articles, etc.

The point of argument is simple really.. Hilary couldn't win because her campaign wasn't strong enough to overcome her political baggage. Donald Trump ran more effective campaign and won despite the sexism, racism and other isms. There really is nothing to argue about.

mysecondlife:

Worgen:

mysecondlife:

You're smart enough to know that even if you don't remember it doesn't mean it never happened. Just google search "Hillary Clinton Outsider"and you're bound to find video clip, articles, etc.

The point of argument is simple really.. Hilary couldn't win because her campaign wasn't strong enough to overcome her political baggage. Donald Trump ran more effective campaign and won despite the sexism, racism and other isms. There really is nothing to argue about.

I don't think he "won" because he ran a stronger campaign. If anything he showed how unstable he was through the entire thing. I think that just didn't matter to a lot of people. Every now and then people want an outsider, they get tired of people who they see as part of the establishment and will vote for anyone who looks like they aren't part of the problem. Spoiler, it doesn't tend to work out. Carter was an outsider and hes considered one of the worst presidents we had in a lot of circles.

Interestingly too, Hillary had a ton of lies circulating about her also. I know someone who is profoundly alt right so I ended up seeing a decent number of those. Like Hillary was deathly ill and would die, or that the election was rigged against trump, or that she was actually a secret muslim. Yeah they got weird but it kinda worked against Obama.

Worgen:

mysecondlife:

Worgen:

I don't think he "won" because he ran a stronger campaign. If anything he showed how unstable he was through the entire thing. I think that just didn't matter to a lot of people. Every now and then people want an outsider, they get tired of people who they see as part of the establishment and will vote for anyone who looks like they aren't part of the problem. Spoiler, it doesn't tend to work out. Carter was an outsider and hes considered one of the worst presidents we had in a lot of circles.

Interestingly too, Hillary had a ton of lies circulating about her also. I know someone who is profoundly alt right so I ended up seeing a decent number of those. Like Hillary was deathly ill and would die, or that the election was rigged against trump, or that she was actually a secret muslim. Yeah they got weird but it kinda worked against Obama.

I don't think he ran a strong campaign. But I do think his campaign was really effective in dismantling his opponents. Hence my word choice. Worked against Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz and finally Hillary Clinton.

mysecondlife:

Worgen:

mysecondlife:

I don't think he ran a strong campaign. But I do think his campaign was really effective in dismantling his opponents. Hence my word choice. Worked against Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz and finally Hillary Clinton.

He is good at mixing tough talk with charisma. Plus hes politically an outsider and as I said before, some people will just vote for that no matter what.

Johnny Novgorod:
I like how Suda's origin story changes every time Yahtzee reviews one of his games.

What was it he said how Suda 51 began? One time it was the 51st attempt to bio-engineer the quirkiest auteur game designer, and another time it was a pseudonym like "Alan Smithee".

As someone who doesn't give a rat's ass about the US election (or saying "rustled jimmies" in the year 2017) it sure seems like this game is just an amalgamation of mechanics put to better use in other games, with a layer of suda51 paint on top.

Noyemi-K:
...with a layer of suda51 paint on top.

Yes... paint.

You know, it is a bit funny. I remember how I used to be saddened by how Yahtzee would tear a second one on a game I had looked forward to, and going all "but, but, but...!" when he generalized whole groups of people to an unfair degree, just because they happened to identify with a game. Given how long forum threads those reviews would cause I think it's safe to say I wasn't alone in those feelings. Nowadays I've learnt to have a more distanced approach both to the games I'm interested in and Yahtzee's reviews. He is after all just a man in a funny hat who has his own preferences and opinions, and his opinion is just that: his opinion. And I shouldn't tie any identity to a game: just be aware that a game has flaws but it can still be worthy of love.

Judging by what people actually respond to nowadays it seems I'm not alone in this approach. The majority of the posts seem more interested in talking about the very brief political jab at the end than anything else in the review. One of the few things worthy of actually tying one's identity to, since that fundamentally is about how one thinks society should be run, a lot more important than if a game is good or not.

Infinite grind cycles are how they beat the money out of you if you're invested in a game.

A grindy roguelike? Noooo thank you.

Worgen:

Nah, I can understand your political bias and detesting of Trump - I'm no fan of the prick, myself - but to say that Hillary ran a good campaign that ended with failing to defeat a man who was caught on tape arrogantly bragging about how he likes to go around grabbing women in their nethers is just silly. If Hillary had truly run a good campaign, then the notion of her being the historic First Female President alone would have been enough to easily sail her right into the White House.

That she couldn't become the first female president while running against a man who was a proven sexist (or at least the very least never shied away from making blatantly sexist comments) says a lot about her failings as a candidate. :^)

So...Umm... Basically what the point is it's alright for the soulsborne peeps to have a blast at till it starts threatening your wallet. This is from a tightarse poor person who also somehow appreciates the soulsborne design. And when I have the option of playing between Bloodborne and Let it Die, I'll let you guess which is the more enticing. Yes, one is free, but damnit, my time is finite!

Hillary won the popular vote...in the US of A.

Trump won the popular vote...in the USS of R.

Also: I don't think a guy whose claim to fame is being a dick should be saying much about anything when it comes to US politics.

Darn it, Yahtzee. Can we get some more classic reviews in here please instead of all these obscure indie games nobody cares about?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here