#002: The Prodigal Daughter

Alright, I am gonna be that guy who fired the first shot.

Canada is Awful? Even more so with this guy in office:

I wonder if either Greg or Cory have ever even gone to Canada. I hope to visit there one day.

PUP are from Canada so clearly they're doing something right up there.

Oh, you can tell she's canadian born.
Skirt and rolled up sleeves as she wades through the snow.
Those other two must only be second generation canadians.
Haven't developed their subcutaneous heat membrane or whatever it is canadians seem to have.

Today's Critical Miss strip is titled "The Prodigal Daughter".

Today's Penny Arcade strip is titled "The Prodigal Son".

Coincidence? I THINK SO!

Bob_McMillan:
I wonder if either Greg or Cory have ever even gone to Canada. I hope to visit there one day.

Grey actually lives there

Tyler Shmiff:

Bob_McMillan:

Grey actually lives there

Yeah but has he actually gone there?

Samtemdo8:

Especially with that guy.

Jadak:

Samtemdo8:

Who is he?

Two complete strangers just talked to Erin on the street. I didn't know she was such a celebrity in Canada!

sageoftruth:
Who is he?

Justin Trudeau, Canadian Prime Minister and beta male feminist.

Hmm, maybe if it gets cold enough, Erin's massive c**t will get frostbite and fall off, then she can actually act like a decent person.

Mike Fang:
Hmm, maybe if it gets cold enough, Erin's massive c**t will get frostbite and fall off, then she can actually act like a decent person.

Her? Never. Actually, at this point we know her so well that a kind-hearted Erin would actually be kind of creepy, like she's been possessed.

gigastar:

sageoftruth:
Who is he?

More like gamma... or omega.

gigastar:

If you're trolling, I'm failing to find the lulz. If not, well, an ounce of maturity might help. We might have differing political opinions, but I'm at least going to refrain from landing slurs at you. Modern feminism has nothing to do with the shrill harpies that have oddly inspired people with your beliefs.

If that earns me a warning, I can live with that.

Jadak:

Samtemdo8:

Whoa. I almost got lost in his eyes there, and I'm straight as an arrow. Maybe that's how he became Prime Minister, with that Clooney-esque charm.

Mike Fang:

Nah, with a heart like hers colder than the Canadian winter, she's right at home.

What part of Canada is she from? It's not that bad where I am.

IamLEAM1983:

gigastar:

If you're trolling, I'm failing to find the lulz.

Oh im quite serious. We are talking about a man who was 'allowed' to attend service at a mosque as a woman.

IamLEAM1983:
Modern feminism has nothing to do with the shrill harpies that have oddly inspired people with your beliefs.

I dont know what youre referring to with 'modern' feminism. Theres nothing modern about it, and aside from the demands actually being made its just marxism married to a victim complex.

Can we, like, not? For once? Just to see how it feels?

Can we not turn this into a discussion of politics and feminism please?

She enters my home turf.

This can only go well for the both of us.

Canadamus Prime:
Can we not turn this into a discussion of politics and feminism please?

I agree, I'd rather we didn't, either. Besides, the discussion's current slant feels a tad nauseating to me, but hey. Personal beliefs and whatnot.

Ahem.

So, um, comics about Canadian weather and a native female game journalist's near imperviousness to our Siberian winters!

Honestly, Erin's actions are accurate. If all I'm doing is grabbing a cab or a shuttle of some kind, I won't ever layer up nearly as much as when I have to hoof it around. It's even worse if you're around or in a big city. I'm on Montreal's South shore, and the Underground City is sufficiently developed and networked to more or less make winter gear obsolete.

Parkas? Boots? What are these Eldritch things you speak of? Here in the land of the White Walkers, we wear sneakers all year 'round!

I like how Erin has rolled up sleeves. Like, it's not that she's wearing a short sleeved shirt in the cold. She's wearing a shirt that has long enough sleeves to cover her arms and just goes "fuck it" and keeps them rolled up, presumably out of spite.

That's a whole new level of not giving a shit. You're basically TAKING shits, at that point.

...wait, I mean--

---------------------

altnameJag:
Can we, like, not? For once? Just to see how it feels?

I have nothing to add to this conversation, I just love the way this plea is worded. Gotta use this at some point.

Czann:

gigastar:

sageoftruth:
Who is he?

Hey, the Hulk is a "gamma" male, and he does pretty well for himself!

(I thought of that joke like six months ago and this is the first opportunity I've had to whip it out and omg it felt so good)

SKBPinkie:

Samtemdo8:

And... you're a cunt for dragging politics into this.

Sorry but this whole thing about Erin going to Canada reminds me of people like Jon Stewert leaving the states and moving to Canada because Trump won.

And I really don't like Justin Trudeau.

Samtemdo8:

SKBPinkie:

Samtemdo8:

And... you're a cunt for dragging politics into this.

Sorry but this whole thing about Erin going to Canada reminds me of people like Jon Stewert leaving the states and moving to Canada because Trump won.

And I really don't like Justin Trudeau.

So you're not actually sorry. Whatever, man.

gigastar:

IamLEAM1983:

gigastar:

If you're trolling, I'm failing to find the lulz.

Oh im quite serious. We are talking about a man who was 'allowed' to attend service at a mosque as a woman.

He also just invited all the refuges and legal immigrants that Trump has banned from the US. Sounds likes a compassionate guy (and horribly Canadian).

IamLEAM1983:
Modern feminism has nothing to do with the shrill harpies that have oddly inspired people with your beliefs.

I dont know what youre referring to with 'modern' feminism. Theres nothing modern about it, and aside from the demands actually being made its just marxism married to a victim complex.

DrownedAmmet:

Czann:

gigastar:

Hey, the Hulk is a "gamma" male, and he does pretty well for himself!

(I thought of that joke like six months ago and this is the first opportunity I've had to whip it out and omg it felt so good)

Not bad.

Samtemdo8:

Duuuude. This isn't R&P. We're supposed to be laughing about safe things, like the weather.

And nobody should be firing any shots. What do you think you are? American?

Canadamus Prime:
What part of Canada is she from? It's not that bad where I am.

Clearly she's from Winnipeg, Manitoba. A.K.A Winterpeg, Manisnowba

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here