#004: Fresh Start

#004: Fresh Start

It's a whole new world.

Read Full Article

Wait, wouldn't having a custom printed book shelf screen cost more than a cheap shelf from Goodwill and some books from the free bin at the library? I'm also noticing this is numbered 004, is the series rebooting? Looking forward either way!

Erin, you shouldn't do the peace sign like that. People can apparently steal your finger prints that way now. Though, I guess that's mostly just a problem if you have some stuff locked away behind print identification.

Plus, I guess you have other stuff to worry about. ;p

Is that skull a reference to MacArthur, Davis Aurini's pet fake skull?

(PS, if you don't know who Davis Aurini is, you shouldn't look it up unless you really enjoy white nationalists bitching about Star Wars not being white enough.)

Oh dear god. Is this story arc going to be about Erin's rise as a shitposting youtuber? If so that would be pretty sweet.

JimB:

(PS, if you don't know who Davis Aurini is, you shouldn't look it up unless you really enjoy white nationalists bitching about Star Wars not being white enough.)

Edit. OK maybe I'm not the only one who sees something along these lines. I recognize the name and feel dirty for it.

Imp Emissary:
Erin, you shouldn't do the peace sign like that. People can apparently steal your finger prints that way now. Though, I guess that's mostly just a problem if you have some stuff locked away behind print identification.

Plus, I guess you have other stuff to worry about. ;p

As if Erin has anything worth stealing now.

Aw man, I wanted to see that guy get his entire dick eaten by ants.

I actually liked Erin's OutOf10's coworkers. Oh well, I'd rather have Critical Miss without then be without Critical Miss.

While the joke was funny (and I loved it), I couldn't help but feel ... bad. As if there was a Erin Dies Alone's touch towards the last panel with a dark reality spin to Erin's comedic approach. Sure she's a fictional character, but I still felt sad about her situation overall.

Hey I moved into an apartment looking like that once... blanket in the corner and PC tower on the floor.

OMFG SHE KEEPS GETTING CUTER

Erm...

Can't wait to see what's in store for Erin in this situation. Love the new artstyle.

This actually made me sad. Like, really sad.

"You force ONE guy to get his dick eaten by ants on-camera and it follows you for life!"

God, I loved the final panel's reveal of Erin's deception for the camera. Brilliant!

Ruisu:
OMFG SHE KEEPS GETTING CUTER

Erm...

Can't wait to see what's in store for Erin in this situation. Love the new artstyle.

Agreed.
On both points.

Adorable though a little heartbreaking to see her in this situation.
Of course, it's the right kind of heartbreaking that comes from investment in the character and story.

hmm.

This isn't turning into a prequel for "Erin dies alone" is it?
In a sparse flat.
On her own.
Doesn't want to go out anywhere and cut off from her friends.
Also hallucinates video game characters.

Cute.... :) and sad. :(

Is Erin on Supportreon?

I think desperation really brings out the cute in Erin.

I'm really excited about this new storyline. Glad to see this series active again!

I hope this is a one-off gag. Poking fun at the games industry and games journalism needs more situations than a webcam in an empty room.

Even the hamster has left her...

JimB:

I kind of caught that, plus Aurini is Canadian, but I doubt that he's that well-known that they'd leave an Easter egg about him in the comic.

Nobody?

No one's gonna address it?

Okay.

How many strips into this story arc whil it also get funny?

Also thanks i really needed another story arc in my life oh boy can't wait for nextweektoseewhattheactualfuckerindoeswithherimaginarrylifeforfuckssakefirstsouthparknowthiswhattheactualfuckhappenedtosimplehumour

Hey she's indoors. That's a start.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here