Good Bad Flicks: Exploring The Stepfather

Exploring The Stepfather

Exploring the making of The Stepfather.

Watch Video

I wonder if he dragged his new wife to see this movie, that after the opening sequence, he turn to her and said "They let him leave with the house looking like that! Disgraceful."

Man, those two guys John List and Jerry Blake kinda remind me of Yoshikage Kira in some way.

Great Episode, Cecil. Fascinating history on John List.

Interesting coincidence, this exact premise was used in an ep of Law & Order, the father was played by Michael Emerson, who also played Ben Linus on 'Lost'.

Mik Sunrider:
I wonder if he dragged his new wife to see this movie, that after the opening sequence, he turn to her and said "They let him leave with the house looking like that! Disgraceful."

Oh wow I didn't even think of that. He could have very well taken his new wife to see the movie based on him. I could imagine him thinking in his head about the inaccuracies. Yikes.

He probably didn't but its still creepy to consider.

008Zulu:
Interesting coincidence, this exact premise was used in an ep of Law & Order, the father was played by Michael Emerson, who also played Ben Linus on 'Lost'.

Law & Order does a lot of "ripped from the headlines" so it doesn't surprise me that they did this one. I never watched Lost so most everything I know about it is hearsay.

CarrogsCromFlakes:
Great Episode, Cecil. Fascinating history on John List.

Thanks! It was really unnerving looking into this guy's history. There were a few odds and ends I left out simply because it was getting too depressing. (for example, he left music on in the house for his dead family when he left. When the police arrived a month later they said the house smelled horrible from the corpses and there was this eerie calm of classical music playing. It was like walking into a nightmare)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here