#168: Cardio

#168: Cardio

*Benny Hill Music*

Read Full Article

Man, I hope Rad knows a barrier spell otherwise he's gonna have digested soda and bile all over him.

well that is one way to get rid of crystal if it does work

Why is Gunny calmly sipping tea with the henchguy?

Let me guess. The chinese food of death that was eaten earlier is making another comeback. That or Erin's true nemesis. Exercise.

Hope you're doing well Cory!

Tony2077:
well that is one way to get rid of crystal if it does work

Didn't they say earlier that the crystals had returned to their solid form inside the people who drank the soda? That would be a painful thing to cough up

@CyanCat47:
It's like a kidney stone...FOR YOUR MOUTH!
:D D:

Well, Rad. I hope you like Chinese.

-----------

Hope you're feeling better, Grey. A lot of my favorite content creators are getting floored by doctor visits lately.

Tanis:
@CyanCat47:
It's like a kidney stone...FOR YOUR MOUTH!
:D D:

Fuck you for your avatar, btw.

Pyrian:

Probably still waiting to be told they can rejoin the story. They've been waiting for a while now and I would sit down and have a drink if I'd been waiting that long too. Probably be back after the probable "barfing cures being a crystal slave!" thing that's about to happen all over Rad.

I can't express my love for that fifth panel. :-)

Basic physical fitness, my one... weakness....

Exercise + solidified crystals + Chinese food so expired that it can make a supersoldier's stomach do flips? Hohboy Rad I hope you can dodge this...

vallorn:
Exercise + solidified crystals + Chinese food so expired that it can make a supersoldier's stomach do flips? Hohb0y Rad I hope you can dodge this...

Or else may be react by vomiting himself, which may lead to the others chain vomiting like in Stand By Me.

So, what is Erin doing in the 5th panel? At first i thought it was a game of rock-paper-scissor with Rad, but that doesn't seem the be the case.

All these people going with "about to vomit", and there was me thinking "heart attack".

Pyrian:

Proper gentlemen do not let a minor kerfluffle interrupt teatime!

Pyrian:

Well, it's not in his job description to chase small, radical animals - or fight flame-spewing, angry heal-mages. So, he got nothing to do, might as well watch.
And I presume he isn't part of the enemy group that's fought right now to begin with, so he isn't even allowed to fight.

Zykon TheLich:
All these people going with "about to vomit", and there was me thinking "heart attack".

Before they started playing this game, Gunny forced Erin to do some excercises...

which ended with Erin blowing chunks[1] all over herself.

[1] or, if you prefer -
making a call on the porcelain telephone
calling huey
making a street pizza
saying hi to her breakfast
redecorating her shoes
etc

Now with more jump cuts, on par with modern action movies!

...Oh boy, this is not gonna be pleasant for Rad... let's just hope things end well after that...

Somebody has forgotten about the limitations of human body...
Also, Et tu, raccoon? Avenge me, Rad. etc, etc :) http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/comicsandcosplay/comics/erin-dies-alone/15098-Chapter-5-05

And a lack of physical fitness saves the day yet again.

Windknight:

vallorn:
Exercise + solidified crystals + Chinese food so expired that it can make a supersoldier's stomach do flips? Hohb0y Rad I hope you can dodge this...

Or else may be react by vomiting himself, which may lead to the others chain vomiting like in Stand By Me.

Stand By Me did that? I'm thinking of the Ipecac scene from Family Guy. Or this one bit from American Dad after Stan and Steve Smith discover the terrible brothels of Tijuana. Huh, I guess those vomiting chain reaction scenes are very common. I should ask TVTropes about that.

TrulyBritish:

And for no logical reason, given that she is playing a video game and not running around in the real world.

Bad Jim:

TrulyBritish:

And for no logical reason, given that she is playing a video game and not running around in the real world.

Well, people do get motion sickness while playing games. My high school Speech teacher even got nauseous watching her husband play Mario. She was pregnant at the time though, so that may have affected her sensitivity.

OT: Oh neat! Crystal vomit! >:D

So the bit with Erin throwing up from exercising was foreshadowing? I didn't see that one coming.
Well neither will Rad when Erin throws up crystal soda vomit onto his face :/

I guess this also solves the "how to cure the people from mind control" by making them throw up the stuff ... literally.

Imp Emissary:

Bad Jim:

TrulyBritish:

Well, people do get motion sickness while playing games. My high school Speech teacher even got nauseous watching her husband play Mario. She was pregnant at the time though, so that may have affected her sensitivity.

But even if she did get motion sickness, it would be the real life Erin vomiting, not her in-game avatar.

Bad Jim:

Imp Emissary:

Bad Jim:

But even if she did get motion sickness, it would be the real life Erin vomiting, not her in-game avatar.

Rabid raccoon bite. She had bleed "Damage over time" effect on her hitpoints, movement makes it worse, Rad waited until Erin's hp was low enough to activate secondary effect: removal of all ingested potions and buffs.

Darth_Payn:

Windknight:

vallorn:

Stand By Me did that? I'm thinking of the Ipecac scene from Family Guy. Or this one bit from American Dad after Stan and Steve Smith discover the terrible brothels of Tijuana. Huh, I guess those vomiting chain reaction scenes are very common. I should ask TVTropes about that.

Well, it was the first I ever saw... and the awesomest

(content warning for the obvious)

Oh no guys. I have a feeling Erin's gonna roll a critical Spit.

EyeReaper:
Oh no guys. I have a feeling Erin's gonna roll a critical Spit.

Erin used Spit up!
It's super effective!

Huzah! The bodily fluids always prevail!

"Ha! I knew my complete lack of physical conditioning would save the day someday. Take that, Gunny!"

So was this all inspired by Crytal Pepsi? I know it was.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here