Zero Punctuation: Nintendo Switch & Breath of the Wild

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

LordTerminal:
Were you and I watching the same gameplay demo at E3 last year? You can tell by the combat that it's trying so hard to rebrand the franchise as a Witcher clone. I can already tell you right now that it is going to suck but you're all going to love it anyway because it has God of War slapped on it. I've seen this before.

Also, how am I to take that comment about people saying Federation Force is lacking seriously when everyone has hated it since day 1? For all I know, you're all just saying that simply because it's not the Metroid you wanted.

Haha, wow, you Nintendo people really are something else. Here's a frog and a snail, I hope you like 'em; 🐸🐌

Ok then, if you can't take me saying that people found Federation Force lacking seriously, then please do explain what you meant when you said that Nintendo changed Metroid for the worse. Was it Other M then, and how they handled Samus? Or something else altogether?

bluegate:

LordTerminal:
Were you and I watching the same gameplay demo at E3 last year? You can tell by the combat that it's trying so hard to rebrand the franchise as a Witcher clone. I can already tell you right now that it is going to suck but you're all going to love it anyway because it has God of War slapped on it. I've seen this before.

Also, how am I to take that comment about people saying Federation Force is lacking seriously when everyone has hated it since day 1? For all I know, you're all just saying that simply because it's not the Metroid you wanted.

Haha, wow, you Nintendo people really are something else. Here's a frog and a snail, I hope you like 'em; 🐸🐌

Ok then, if you can't take me saying that people found Federation Force lacking seriously, then please do explain what you meant when you said that Nintendo changed Metroid for the worse. Was it Other M then, and how they handled Samus? Or something else altogether?

..........yes...it was Other M....

LordTerminal:

bluegate:

LordTerminal:

Yeah, the Dead or Alive Beach Volley Ball team should never have been let within a mile of samus imo. Like they got their niche but don't let them near any iconic powerful female heroes

LordTerminal:

darkrage6:

LordTerminal:

You call ME a shill when you defend that junk? How much is Sony paying you? Yeah you just invalidated everything you said in my eyes with that.

Wow you're such a massive hypocrite, me liking a Sony game makes me a shill but you blindly defending Nintendo no matter does not make you a shill? I did not "completely invalidate" anything, but you sure as fuck did. Again, a game is not "junk" just cause you don't like it, though i'm sure that's a very difficult concept for you to understand.

You are completely insane, you're exactly the kind of fanboy Yahtzee made fun of in this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv04aKBhZ9U

It's not just me who doesn't like it. It's universally disliked by everyone I've talked to. And why shouldn't they hate it? It's directed by a hack. If this is how Sony is going to treat its properties then I'm not going to support them. All you do is show me just how simple minded and hypocritical Sony's fanbase are. Nintendo changes a franchise for the worse, ex: Metroid, everyone is ready to never forgive them or jump to ridiculous conclusions. But Sony changes a franchise for the worse, ex: God of War, everyone just lets them do their thing and claps like trained seals.

Just cause it's disliked by your friends does not mean anything, it's far from universally disliked considering it got a Cinemascore of B+, all you're doing is showing my how simple and hypocritical YOU and all the other Nintendo fanboys are, it's fucking pathetic.

Also you're asinine statements show how ignorant you are, considering that several people actually are expressing doubt about God of War's change in direction(Yahtzee was in fact one of those people). Sony treat's it's properties well, it's a far cry from how shitty Nintendo's treated Metroid and Star Fox, forcing one to have gimmicky motion controls and the other to be changed into a shitty co-op shooter. Sony changes franchises for the better for the most part, lately Nintendo is the one doing it for the worse, they screwed up Paper Mario and the Mario and Luigi series pretty royally with the last few entries.

You're the only one I see "clapping like a trained seal" here as every single time Nintendo does something stupid you somehow find a way to blindly defend it and insult anyone who dares to criticize Nintendo. People like you give gamers a bad name.

The person directing the film is not a "hack" just cause you say so.

bluegate:

LordTerminal:

I was actually willing to give Federation Force a chance and I felt very stupid for doing so as it was easily the worst game of 2016 that i've played so far, I hated it so much I returned it to the store for a full refund, something i've never done for a new release before.

LordTerminal:

bluegate:

LordTerminal:

It's not just me who doesn't like it. It's universally disliked by everyone I've talked to. And why shouldn't they hate it? It's directed by a hack. If this is how Sony is going to treat its properties then I'm not going to support them. All you do is show me just how simple minded and hypocritical Sony's fanbase are. Nintendo changes a franchise for the worse, ex: Metroid, everyone is ready to never forgive them or jump to ridiculous conclusions. But Sony changes a franchise for the worse, ex: God of War, everyone just lets them do their thing and claps like trained seals.

Wait, are you from the future?😱

Last time I checked, all God of War games released up until now were pretty much on-formula, all of them were well received by critics and fans, so you can't be talking about those games, so I'm just going to assume that you are talking about the new God of War set in Norse mythology. It's a bit quick to say that they are changing the franchise for the worse if the game hasn't been released yet and people haven't been able to play it yet, isn't it?

I'm assuming that with Nintendo changing Metroid for the worse, you are talking about Federation Force, a game which is already out, people have played and people have found lacking.

Mind you, I'm making assumptions here, if my assumptions were wrong, would you mind giving examples of both Nintendo and Sony changing said franchises for the worse? So that people can properly respond to what you are saying.

Man you have to the most ignorant person i've seen on the internet to date, you can't say a game will suck if you haven't even played it, I did give FF a chance and I turned out to hate it.

So he's 'meh' on the Switch and 'pretty good' on Breath of the Wild. Sounds about right.

Breath of the Wild basically sounds like the kind of Zelda game I'd enjoy, but I'm not overly fond of Ganon once again not having any kind of personality. I DO happen to like that the story is your reward for playing through all the stuff that's lined up out there for you to do. I think the last Zelda game I actually enjoyed playing on a console was Winder Waker, so I'm actually fairly happy that there's a Zelda game I'm looking forward to playing. Now if only I could actually find a copy for the Wii U...

I think adopting a console early on is pointless, because that small library of games isn't going anywhere and systems tend to be hard to find around launch anyway. I see people standing outside Target at 5 am hoping to get this Zelda machine and I just can't understand why when the system will be vastly more available next year and have a stronger library. Not to mention, this is Nintendo we're talking about here, and it's also a handheld, so I'm pretty sure there will be a newer version of it down the line anyway and hopefully that one won't have JoyCon issues.

kenu12345:

LordTerminal:

bluegate:

Yeah, the Dead or Alive Beach Volley Ball team should never have been let within a mile of samus imo. Like they got their niche but don't let them near any iconic powerful female heroes

I'm pretty sure Team Ninja had nothing to do with the writting of Other M. That was all Yoshio Sakamoto's doing.

Zetatrain:

kenu12345:

LordTerminal:

I'm pretty sure Team Ninja had nothing to do with the writing of Other M. That was all Yoshio Sakamoto's doing.

Exactly, people really need to stop blaming Team Ninja for Other M's writing. They have their own problems, but at least they're getting out of the rut. Same feeling as others, I have no need to get a Switch this early, since it has no games I am interested in. I got so many games on my PS4 any way that I'm gonna be busy for a god while.

darkrage6:

Also you're asinine statements show how ignorant you are, considering that several people actually are expressing doubt about God of War's change in direction(Yahtzee was in fact one of those people). Sony treat's it's properties well, it's a far cry from how shitty Nintendo's treated Metroid and Star Fox, forcing one to have gimmicky motion controls and the other to be changed into a shitty co-op shooter. Sony changes franchises for the better for the most part, lately Nintendo is the one doing it for the worse, they screwed up Paper Mario and the Mario and Luigi series pretty royally with the last few entries.

No. Sony is the one screwing up their IPs worse. No one asked for God of Witcher, no one asked for Infamous with a hipster character, NO ONE asked for Ratchet and Clank to be a movie or tie-in to said movie.

On top of that they let garbage like The Order 1886 and Until Dawn to be made. And they continue to green-light such bullshit. They've really sunk this generation and you're a fool to tell me otherwise.

Stop white knighting a company that doesn't care about gaming outside of superficial reasons.

moody_mage:
Hang on. Was that an actual positive review? I think it was - albeit grudgingly given.

Apparently he liked the game but didn't much care for the console.

LordTerminal:

darkrage6:

No. Sony is the one screwing up their IPs worse. No one asked for God of Witcher, no one asked for Infamous with a hipster character, NO ONE asked for Ratchet and Clank to be a movie or tie-in to said movie.

On top of that they let garbage like The Order 1886 and Until Dawn to be made. And they continue to green-light such bullshit. They've really sunk this generation and you're a fool to tell me otherwise.

Stop white knighting a company that doesn't care about gaming outside of superficial reasons.

Hey hi, fan of both god of war and Infamous, I like the direction they went and it was interesting to see. Please stop acting like you know what you talk bout. Oh and Until Dawn was pretty fucking awesome

kenu12345:

LordTerminal:

darkrage6:

Hey hi, fan of both god of war and Infamous, I like the direction they went and it was interesting to see. Please stop acting like you know what you talk bout. Oh and Until Dawn was pretty fucking awesome

Until Dawn isn't a fucking game. It's an over-glorified interactive FMV. Those cannot be labeled a game. There's next to no gameplay present.

And how can you take a slow moving, let's be like every other fantasy game right now combat system over the fast paced combo based hack and slash gameplay of previous GoWs?

As much as I'd like to play BotW, I'm not going to pony up the cash for a Wii U or a Switch. Maybe when Fire Emblem Warriors comes out, I'll reconsider. Otherwise, it's just not worth it to get into a console with so few exclusives that interest me. Regardless, I'll avoid watching any gameplay, just in case I ever get the opportunity to play.

LordTerminal:
No. Sony is the one screwing up their IPs worse. No one asked for God of Witcher

True, no one asked for it. But I didn't know I wanted it until I saw it. You want the old God of War back? Go play 1-3. They all play the same anyway.

no one asked for Infamous with a hipster character

True, but then Delsin turned out to be a rather fun little douche, so alls well that ends well. He certainly wasn't the game's greatest flaw.

, NO ONE asked for Ratchet and Clank to be a movie or tie-in to said movie.

The game-movie tie in crap was lazy in various ways, but the Ratchet and Clank game was a lot of fun. So fun I actually played through the story 3 times. The game was fun.

On top of that they let garbage like The Order 1886 and Until Dawn to be made.

I hate the Order 1886. Fuck those QTE boss fights, auto-fail stealth sections, and the moronic werewolves. But my cousin enjoyed the game a lot. It's one of his favorite shooters. Never played Until Dawn, but despite how you may feel about it, that game was very popular.

And truly, with games like Nioh, Yakuza 0, Uncharted, and Horizon Zero Dawn, and upcoming games like Spider-Man, Days Gone, Persona 5, Detroit: Become Human, and The Last of Us 2, The PS4 has absolutely destroyed this gen.

LordTerminal:

kenu12345:

LordTerminal:

Until Dawn isn't a fucking game. It's an over-glorified interactive FMV. Those cannot be labeled a game. There's next to no gameplay present.

And how can you take a slow moving, let's be like every other fantasy game right now combat system over the fast paced combo based hack and slash gameplay of previous GoWs?

Just cause you say something doesn't make it true. It had everything it took to be a game on top of a fun lil campy story and good horror characters that wrapped the whole game in a nice lil bow along with multiple choices and outcomes throughout. On gow, you do realise that was just the intro sequence right? Like holy shit dude, you are going out of your way to try to say sony games are bad that its stretching at this point

Captain Marvelous:

And truly, with games like Nioh, Yakuza 0, Uncharted, and Horizon Zero Dawn, and upcoming games like Spider-Man, Days Gone, Persona 5, Detroit: Become Human, and The Last of Us 2, The PS4 has absolutely destroyed this gen.

By pandering to people who won't play anything if it's not top of the line realistic graphics or has realistic humans in it. Really Uncharted is the text book example of how bland and safe people want their games and how realistic everything has become. Things were better back in the days when video game ideas could be anything. On top of that, Uncharted's entire story plays out like a big Hollywood blockbuster anyways. Nioh I give a small pass to because it has an irish samurai, that's a little bit more creative. Horizon Zero Dawn has giant robot dinosaurs, that's a major step in the right direction.

But Detroit, Yakuza 0, Days Gone? Meh. The Last of Us didn't need a sequel and after Godzilla, I don't trust exclusive PS4 licensed games anymore. Plus Spider-Man's overdone. Persona 5 seems like the only thing worth looking forward to.

Sony doesn't kill this generation, they've just manipulated you to think that. Really all they've done is create a low-rent wannabe PC instead of a console. They don't deserve their sales.

LordTerminal:
snip

It seems to me that you have a particular view of what games should be, but to call creating realistic games "pandering" is a little much. Games have been headed in this direction for a while now. And while I do miss the more stylized and cartoonish games, like Sly Cooper, games like Uncharted do have their charm that less realistic games can't compete with. Of course that means Uncharted can't compete with Sly Cooper's charm, either. The people get what they want, and what they want seems to be realism. Sony can't be faulted for trying to capitalize on it. When people ask for more fantasy, they'll get more fantasy.

Really all they've done is create a low-rent wannabe PC instead of a console.

Isn't that exactly what a console is?

Captain Marvelous:

Oh goody, now we're going to get some half baked explanation about how Nintendo consoles are 'true' consoles and how Microsoft and Sony consoles are just mini pc's released for superficial reasons.

These kinds of Nintendo fans are a kind of Pinata, just poke them a little and see what kind of verbal candy comes out to enjoy. 🎊

bluegate:

Captain Marvelous:

Oh goody, now we're going to get some half baked explanation about how Nintendo consoles are 'true' consoles and how Microsoft and Sony consoles are just mini pc's released for superficial reasons.

These kinds of Nintendo fans are a kind of Pinata, just poke them a little and see what kind if verbal candy comes out to enjoy. 🎊

I mean he's a fanboy. It was inevitable honestly. Honestly surprised that he hasn't went off bout it already honestly. He seems to be pulling out all the stops

That's just crazy. Everyone knows that the Fisher-Price piano has many buttons and doesn't make it more challenging to beat the game. The new hard mode is playing with less button and sticks. A electronic Rubic Cube is controller for hard mode speedrunning. Having to syncs your moves perfectly to solve the game and the cube at the same time shows who the real hardcore gamer are.

Samael Barghest:
I think Yahtzee is the first critic to say buy it on the Wii U. Everyone is saying to buy it on the Switch.

Since I still don't quite get the point of the Switch, don't like small, fiddly controllers and generally don't like carrying around any more hardware than my usual tablet, laptop, lugtop and two or three phones, I got myself a pre-owned Wii U and a new copy of Breath of the Wild. It's an amazing game and I like it a lot. I also like that I paid around half for my used Wii U compared to a Switch, and it came with Pro Controllers and more games than I even knew existed for the thing since I sold mine a month or so after release.

While I have yet to directly compare things on-screen myself, various comparison videos on YouTube would suggest that there really isn't much in the way of differences. If all you want to do is be able to play Breath of the Wild, the Wii U looks like a very valid option to me. Sure, Nintendo will focus on the Switch from here on out, but only time will tell if the Switch really becomes a must-own unit beyond showing good faith and supporting Nintendo. I myself am very wary when it comes to small, portable devices since I absolutely do prefer my gaming hardware to be clunky, serviceable, repairable and otherwise not looking like a phone with an SD card slot. These things are just not meant to last, and I would never want to rely on them any more than I absolutely have to.

Not sure how Nintendo will handle this from here on out, but the Wii U with a Pro Controller and access to Nintendo's eShop seems to offer quite the full package right now. Of course, I have yet to check about hardware failure rates of Wii U units. Maybe I'm doomed. But, hey, aren't we all.

LordTerminal:

Except in this case they ARE actual fact and they ARE forgettable garbage. No one but graphics whores cared about Ryse, Knack ended up being terrible, I doubt the sequel will be any better considering modern Sony's track record, and I can't remember anything about the other launch titles at all. That's how little of an impact these two companies left with their new consoles.

As for everything you listed: Killzone is another "me too" FPS trying to capitalize on the same crowd as Gears and HALO and quite frankly can go fuck itself, Uncharted has never been anything but the video game equivalent of a big budget Hollywood movie and people are only sold on it by spectacle alone. You actually stop and analyze that franchise and you'll see just how it does very little right.

Ratchet and Clank is an insult to the very franchise I bought Sony consoles for in the first place! No one asked for a damn reboot of the series, no one asked for it to also be a tie-in to a shitty movie that was cheaply handled by Sony as evidenced by the fact that they let the hack who directed Dylan Dog direct it as a result, and everything about it says "cynical cashgrab." As a long time R&C fan myself I CANNOT in good consciousness support this game and everything it stands for.

Gravity Rush 2 lost me the minute I heard there were forced stealth sections because they don't belong in this series. I don't care for Yakuza 0 because the series bores me and you have some nerve calling Until Dawn a game to begin with! Nothing that runs on the QuanticDreams school of game design can ever be called a game.

So yeah that just leaves Horizon and Bloodborne as the only things worth getting a PS4 for.

And as for the Xbone:

Sunset Overdrive turned out to be too obnoxious to be worth it judging from the Let's Play I watched of it. HALO wore out its welcome years ago, Gears can bite me, Quantum Break I've heard terrible things about from my circle of friends, Kilelr Instinct and Re-Core I can get on PC which defeats the purpose, and again you invalidate your claims by listing the worst Dead Rising game ever as an example of a "good exclusive." Dead Rising 4 is an insult to the series, even Yahtzee pointed out why.

So no, the only real reason for me to get an XBone is for Rare Replay. That's not enough to justify a purchase.

Throw in the fact that both consoles lack backwards compatibility, (unless you want to count that lame excuse of badly implemented BC the XBone has, I don't) and I am not convinced it's worth $400-$500 to buy any of these consoles trying to be PCs and that the PS4 only sells by pandering and manipulating the consumer.

And take notice how many of the those games you listed have realistic graphics or are in realistic settings? Yeah because that's what I want my video games to be: far more grounded in reality and not explore more creative and unique areas of art direction and game design and thus be completely unimmersive. I play games to escape reality after a hard day's work, not be reminded of it. If all people are going to use this hardware and graphics engines for is dull realistic visuals, bland character designs and shooters then that proves modern gamers and developers have absolutely no imagination.

I'll take Nintendo's bullshit if this how the competition is going to treat me. Especially Sony. I didn't buy a PS2 and a PS3 just for them to be a pandering company that lets mediocrity pass by and Microsoft lost my trust long ago.

Wow, so much hate. Where to start?

Your opinion is not fact no matter how much you wish it was. Ill start saying Im own a pc and an xbone, Ive not had a nintedo console since the game cube (that I bought after it went out of production).

Just because you didnt like these games (and you admit yourself youve hardly played any of them to judge) does not make tham bad. Many of them have favourable reviews and have been enjoyed by lots of people. Please tell me that you understand that opinions and tastes differ?

I have not enjoyed Zelda since the NES, but lots of people do, it does not mean every Zelda is poor. Can you see the parallels?

Equally there are also quality none exclusives and massive libraries on both consoles to make them viable. Right now the switch is not.

And I dont see what is botched by the backwards compatabilty of the Xbone, i still play lots on Tekken tag 2 and castlevania I have not had to rebuy.

Your statement that there is no escapism in realistic graphics is also well off (and many of the games listed were also stylised rather than realistic). You can get escapism from games that do not look like cartoons, you can be immersed in stories, captivated by charecters and get a feel for things impossible in your own life. You need a very narrow world view not to see this. If you were right then there would be no films only cartoons. Ive not felt that way since I was 5 and bored by the news waiting for tom and jerry to start.

On topic, Ive never really been drawn to Zelda but Yhatzee is spot on with "get it on the WiiU". Id never drop ?300 to play a single title, there is nothing else worth buying and there are no end of issues with the hardware and Nintendos general douchebaggery.

My favourite story linked to this was dropping the dual screen support on the WiiU as it would make it the better version of the game.

Well, this thread doesn't surprise me. Mostly taken up by Nintendo fanboys who can't admit any fault with the game/console, and Nintendo haters who blow every little issue out of proportion and seem to have a personal offense that Nintendo still exists.

For what little it matters, I'm enjoying BoTW, and I got it on the Switch because if no one buys the Switch, no games will be made for it, and Nintendo loses money and therefore everyone loses.

Except the people who find the idea of 'family friendly fun' to be a literal slap in the face to their mothers, or something.

Is it perfect? No. Game's got some issues. I hate the durability system (seriously, Pringles have more lasting power than higher end weaponry) and the rain making everything slick for climbing is just an irritation that's completely unnecessary. As for the system, the portable mode feels a tad too big to be truly portable, and the docking station feels so damn cheap I fear I'll break it by looking at it. All in all though, as long as Nintendo gives us some decent exclusives, and doesn't cock this one up to all hell, then I'm looking forward to seeing what else comes out.

BiH-Kira:
That's just crazy. Everyone knows that the Fisher-Price piano has many buttons and doesn't make it more challenging to beat the game. The new hard mode is playing with less button and sticks. A electronic Rubic Cube is controller for hard mode speedrunning. Having to syncs your moves perfectly to solve the game and the cube at the same time shows who the real hardcore gamer are.

Oh come on! You 'ez mode' speedrunners are ruining the integrity of speedrunning. The true way of speedruns is with two sticks, a wire, and a rock.

LordTerminal:

darkrage6:

You're the one who's "white knighting" Nintendo, Sony is not "screwing up" you are talking nonsense, Infamous's character is not "hipster"(I don't think you what that term actually means), Until Dawn is awesome and not "garbage" at all, Sony have not "sunk" anything, you're the only "fool" here, go ahead, stay aboard Nintendo's sinking ship for all I care.

SixWingedAsura:
Well, this thread doesn't surprise me. Mostly taken up by Nintendo fanboys who can't admit any fault with the game/console, and Nintendo haters who blow every little issue out of proportion and seem to have a personal offense that Nintendo still exists.

For what little it matters, I'm enjoying BoTW, and I got it on the Switch because if no one buys the Switch, no games will be made for it, and Nintendo loses money and therefore everyone loses.

Except the people who find the idea of 'family friendly fun' to be a literal slap in the face to their mothers, or something.

Is it perfect? No. Game's got some issues. I hate the durability system (seriously, Pringles have more lasting power than higher end weaponry) and the rain making everything slick for climbing is just an irritation that's completely unnecessary. As for the system, the portable mode feels a tad too big to be truly portable, and the docking station feels so damn cheap I fear I'll break it by looking at it. All in all though, as long as Nintendo gives us some decent exclusives, and doesn't cock this one up to all hell, then I'm looking forward to seeing what else comes out.

Not the people who want Nintendo to go third party so their games can actually be on superior platforms like PC.

LordTerminal:

Captain Marvelous:

By pandering to people who won't play anything if it's not top of the line realistic graphics or has realistic humans in it. Really Uncharted is the text book example of how bland and safe people want their games and how realistic everything has become. Things were better back in the days when video game ideas could be anything. On top of that, Uncharted's entire story plays out like a big Hollywood blockbuster anyways. Nioh I give a small pass to because it has an irish samurai, that's a little bit more creative. Horizon Zero Dawn has giant robot dinosaurs, that's a major step in the right direction.

But Detroit, Yakuza 0, Days Gone? Meh. The Last of Us didn't need a sequel and after Godzilla, I don't trust exclusive PS4 licensed games anymore. Plus Spider-Man's overdone. Persona 5 seems like the only thing worth looking forward to.

Sony doesn't kill this generation, they've just manipulated you to think that. Really all they've done is create a low-rent wannabe PC instead of a console. They don't deserve their sales.

Wow you are really talking out of your ass now. Just admit you're a shameless Nintendo fanboy shill already. Things were most definitely not better back then, Godzilla was actually a PS3 exclusive which later got ported to PS4, so that's a silly reason not to trust the system. Spider-Man looks good. Sony is not "manipulating" anything, now you're starting to sound like those Trumpsters who keep screaming about "alternative facts", Sony's sales do not lie, they've sold a fuckton of consoles, deal with it. Why don't they "deserve" sales, just cause you say so ? Oh please, spare me your asinine drivel. They absolutely deserve their sales.

darkrage6:
Wow you are really talking out of your ass now. Just admit you're a shameless Nintendo fanboy shill already. Things were most definitely not better back then, Godzilla was actually a PS3 exclusive which later got ported to PS4, so that's a silly reason not to trust the system. Spider-Man looks good. Sony is not "manipulating" anything, now you're starting to sound like those Trumpsters who keep screaming about "alternative facts", Sony's sales do not lie, they've sold a fuckton of consoles, deal with it. Why don't they "deserve" sales, just cause you say so ? Oh please, spare me your asinine drivel. They absolutely deserve their sales.

You're the one talking out of their ass. Things WERE better back then. Today, it's mostly all generic white grizzled out military men with no design sense put into them that are being labeled as gaming icons. Why would anyone play that? What human with taste and common sense things nothing but dudebros are a paragon of a video game protagonist?

And yes, Sony IS manipulative. Their movie department thinks an Emoji movie is a worthwhile investment and its clear that their games department operates on the same hive mind. The only way we got a new R&C game was by making a shit film directed by a hack (and actually check his damn track record and you'll see he's a hack) and making a tie-in to it. It's a cynical mindset and it shows how much contempt you hold on the public. And everything else so is realistic mediocrities.

Hell do you even pay attention to Yahtzee's reviews half the time? He pretty much says similar stuff 90% of the time about Sony's exclusives. Sony was deserving of their sales with the PS2 and they managed to redeem themselves with the PS3's shoddy launch in the second half of its lifespan. The PS4 is only selling so much because people like you and people with no taste keep giving in to its flashy appeal despite how shallow it all is.

Until Sony actually releases more than two or three good games for its system, they've lost my interest and trust.

Not the people who want Nintendo to go third party so their games can actually be on superior platforms like PC.

If there's one thing that doesn't belong on PC, it's Nintendo's games. They aren't meant to run on PC interfaces. And don't point me to Dolphin emulator or shit like that. That garbage doesn't count.

LordTerminal:

It's not just me who doesn't like it. It's universally disliked by everyone I've talked to.

That statement is factually untrue. You just talked to someone who liked it. Therefore it is not "universally" disliked by everyone you've talked to, as the mere existance of one person you talked to who didn't like it made it so that it wasn't universal.

LordTerminal:

darkrage6:

You're the one talking out of their ass. Things WERE better back then. Today, it's mostly all generic white grizzled out military men with no design sense put into them that are being labeled as gaming icons. Why would anyone play that? What human with taste and common sense things nothing but dudebros are a paragon of a video game protagonist?

And yes, Sony IS manipulative. Their movie department thinks an Emoji movie is a worthwhile investment and its clear that their games department operates on the same hive mind. The only way we got a new R&C game was by making a shit film directed by a hack (and actually check his damn track record and you'll see he's a hack) and making a tie-in to it. It's a cynical mindset and it shows how much contempt you hold on the public. And everything else so is realistic mediocrities.

Hell do you even pay attention to Yahtzee's reviews half the time? He pretty much says similar stuff 90% of the time about Sony's exclusives. Sony was deserving of their sales with the PS2 and they managed to redeem themselves with the PS3's shoddy launch in the second half of its lifespan. The PS4 is only selling so much because people like you and people with no taste keep giving in to its flashy appeal despite how shallow it all is.

Until Sony actually releases more than two or three good games for its system, they've lost my interest and trust.

If there's one thing that doesn't belong on PC, it's Nintendo's games. They aren't meant to run on PC interfaces. And don't point me to Dolphin emulator or shit like that. That garbage doesn't count.

God, you are like a caricature of a fanboy. Wow

LordTerminal:
darkrage6 is now going on my ignore list before I lose any more brain cells listening to his pretentious diatribes.

erttheking:

LordTerminal:

It's not just me who doesn't like it. It's universally disliked by everyone I've talked to.

That statement is factually untrue. You just talked to someone who liked it. Therefore it is not "universally" disliked by everyone you've talked to, as the mere existance of one person you talked to who didn't like it made it so that it wasn't universal.

Well then you're in the minority. Check the track record of the director behind it. He's a hack of a director, plain and simple.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ratchet_and_clank/

43% of people liked it. Only a minority in the strictest of sense, which I doubt is what you were implying

Why was LordTerminal banned? I am reading over his posts and don't get the ban... He seems to be an active part of this community as well. Very odd.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here