Judging By The Cover: Judging 1-2-Switch

Judging 1-2-Switch

Judging 1-2-Switch by the cover.

Watch Video

That basically sums up the Switch's appeal "Bblleerrhhhg"

Daaaaamn those glasses! Nice catch!

Yeah, interesting "design"! And I couldn't agree more with the overall scoring system!

Well, "yes" is also one word, and can also be conveyed without any words at all... so there's that.

Devieus:
Well, "yes" is also one word, and can also be conveyed without any words at all... so there's that.

True, but that would be ignoring the fact that we're discussing a demo compilation that should have been a pack-in game that's instead being sold as a full-price title. :^)

Curious why the second question's answer is "no". The game seems to have received a reasonably average reception at a 57 according to metacritic. If its just an excuse to end the video on a gag than that seems kind of random. If that's just Yahtzee's real life personal impression then so be it but the video doesn't really come across as a Yahtzee review show for the content of a game so it felt out of place.

Caveats: I feel this is necessary given the potential presence of fanboys/haters. I don't own a switch. I've never played 1 2 Switch and I wouldn't buy the game either since I'm not the sort of person that has a use for any party style game regardless of its quality.

babinro:
Curious why the second question's answer is "no". The game seems to have received a reasonably average reception at a 57 according to metacritic. If its just an excuse to end the video on a gag than that seems kind of random. If that's just Yahtzee's real life personal impression then so be it but the video doesn't really come across as a Yahtzee review show for the content of a game so it felt out of place.

Caveats: I feel this is necessary given the potential presence of fanboys/haters. I don't own a switch. I've never played 1 2 Switch and I wouldn't buy the game either since I'm not the sort of person that has a use for any party style game regardless of its quality.

As I mentioned in the post directly above yours: the reason you shouldn't buy 1-2-Switch is because you shouldn't be made to in the first place...it should have been a game that came with the console itself considering it's basically nothing more than a compilation of mini-games based around showing off the Switch's technology. Instead of putting it in with the system, however, they're selling it as a full-priced title.

While the games themselves do have some entertainment value, every critic I've heard review it says that it's most specifically not worth the $50 that Nintendo is charging for it.

I feel the need to use the "BWAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWMMMMMM" sound from Inception.

"Weird mouth noise": always MY go-to in any social situation.
Guaranteed to win you the conversation, so you can move on with your life!

Kenjitsuka:

Mine too, unfortunately, girls find it off-putting.

008Zulu:

Kenjitsuka:

Mine too, unfortunately, girls find it off-putting.

Well it depends on where your mouth is at the time. I'm sure with the right vibrations it can be very pleasant.

Silentpony:
Well it depends on where your mouth is at the time. I'm sure with the right vibrations it can be very pleasant.

Yeah... as an opening move, it is easily countered by Taser. It's super effective.

Considering the positioning of the people, it looks like it's about how the Switch can be used to help two people fulfill their fantasies of becoming gunslingers of the opposite sex.

Surprised Yahtzee didn't pick up that BOTH the images showing hands imply Nintendo is obsessed with the age old question of which is better: "left-handed" or "right-handed".

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here