Zero Punctuation: Sniper Ghost Warrior 3

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Sniper Ghost Warrior 3

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Sniper Ghost Warrior 3

Watch Video

Huh, I'm surprised Yahtzee bothered.

Also, isn't this a bit late?

... I can't get past the idea of a game you fight a ghost that rearranges the furniture every time your back is turned. That sounds kind of awesome.

It's wednesday my dudes.

Yeah, a sniper is exactly what comes to mind when I think of a warrior.

"Bollock Burrito" really is a golden line.
Also this is a very late wednesday.

So it's every modern military shooter with streamlined Farcary gameplay and a main character with the potty mouth of a Gears of War character. Who wants to play that kind of game? Honest question, I'm curious.

Bob_McMillan:
Also, isn't this a bit late?

According to Yahtzee on Twitter there was technical difficulties on the site.

Huh, sounds like it was scientifically devised to make me hate it. Glad I'm never going to play it, then.

Also, one of the funniest ZP's in a while.

He really doesn't like war games, does he? I'm surprised he didn't do the Sexy Brutale.

erttheking:
So it's every modern military shooter with streamlined Farcary gameplay and a main character with the potty mouth of a Gears of War character. Who wants to play that kind of game? Honest question, I'm curious.

12 year olds that'll play anything that looks like CoD, according to Ubisoft. Doubt they're right though.

"It's like a fucking James Bond film but James Bond has had all his charisma sucked out and replaced with unresolved parental issues."

So it's a Daniel Craig James Bond film then?

Silentpony:
He really doesn't like war games, does he? I'm surprised he didn't do the Sexy Brutale.

He doesn't like jingoism, rather than war games. The whole "america is the world police" thing is kind of fucked, to be honest.

I'm still giggling about the big-bearded Russian saying "I'm gonna smack my bitch up". Now where did I put that video?
Oh! Here it is:

(I didn't want to incur the wrath of the mods, so I used a censored version of the video)

GrumbleGrump:

Silentpony:

He doesn't like jingoism, rather than war games. The whole "america is the world police" thing is kind of fucked, to be honest.

It would be if everyone wasn't always asking America to intervene, or what America is going to do about X or if American can send in more ground troops, or when America is going to send over some fancy new weapons and oh if you wouldn't mind paying for it, that'd be great!

"Bollock burrito" is the best phrase since the day I came up with "catshit souffle".

Silentpony:

GrumbleGrump:

Silentpony:

It would be if everyone wasn't always asking America to intervene, or what America is going to do about X or if American can send in more ground troops, or when America is going to send over some fancy new weapons and oh if you wouldn't mind paying for it, that'd be great!

I was talking in a more cold war context, where police action meant "commies die".

I personally quite like this franchise, I honestly kinda prefer it over Sniper Elite. Not surprised Yahtzee wasn't big on it though.

GrumbleGrump:

Silentpony:

The COD games aren't really "jingoism" though since more often not it's actually the U.K. that saves the day. When it comes to COD I largely agree with Jim Sterling's reviews of those games.

Silentpony:

GrumbleGrump:

Silentpony:

That's the one thing people criticizing out foreign policy often forget-lots of countries ask us to help them(some people in Iraq were actually begging us not to leave).

RaikuFA:

erttheking:

12 year olds that'll play anything that looks like CoD, according to Ubisoft. Doubt they're right though.

That's an unfounded stereotype, the Ghost Warrior series has it's own niche audience-people like me who want a Sniper game in a modern setting as opposed to a WW2 one(not really a Sniper Elite fan).

The whole "only 12 year olds play COD" meme is getting really damn tiresome.

Silentpony:

He liked the first Modern Warfare and he liked Spec Ops the Line.

Did it really use the phrase "world police"? Because, yeah, I'd never heard the phrase used outside of deliberate Team America references either.

darkrage6:

RaikuFA:

erttheking:

That's an unfounded stereotype, the Ghost Warrior series has it's own niche audience-people like me who want a Sniper game in a modern setting as opposed to a WW2 one(not really a Sniper Elite fan).

It's wouldn't be said if it wasn't true.

RaikuFA:

darkrage6:

As a CoD fan, this is sadly massively the case. I don't think it's NEARLY as bad with the past CoDs but the most recent one and maybe the one before it will always be filled with pubescent boys.

RaikuFA:

darkrage6:

RaikuFA:

But it isn't true though, and lots of things that are not true are said all the time, that's some weird logic you got there.

Arnoxthe1:

RaikuFA:

darkrage6:

As a CoD fan, this is sadly massively the case. I don't think it's NEARLY as bad with the past CoDs but the most recent one and maybe the one before it will always be filled with pubescent boys.

They are just a vocal minority.

darkrage6:

sigh i was really looking forward to this game but every review ive read has just said its very dull and average

Snipers don't hold their breath while shooting, game. They are trained to breathe much more slowly than normal so that their breathing doesn't influence their aim (which can happen at the extended range of sniper shots). I've also read that they do biofeedback training to slow their heartbeat so they can shoot between heartbeats, because even that much of a bump can throw your aim off over long distances, but the jury seems to be out on whether or not that's fact or fiction.
In any case, this game has its facts wrong and is therefore a bad game.

Or maybe it's a bad game for all the other reasons.

RJ Dalton:
Snipers don't hold their breath while shooting, game. They are trained to breathe much more slowly than normal so that their breathing doesn't influence their aim (which can happen at the extended range of sniper shots). I've also read that they do biofeedback training to slow their heartbeat so they can shoot between heartbeats, because even that much of a bump can throw your aim off over long distances, but the jury seems to be out on whether or not that's fact or fiction.
In any case, this game has its facts wrong and is therefore a bad game.

Or maybe it's a bad game for all the other reasons.

It's called "acceptable breaks from reality", games don't have to be 100% realistic.

Arnoxthe1:

darkrage6:

not really proving anything, I know there are 12 year olds who do that, but they're not the majority of the people that buy COD every year.

darkrage6:
It's called "acceptable breaks from reality", games don't have to be 100% realistic.

That was exactly the joke I was making. >.>

darkrage6:

Arnoxthe1:

darkrage6:

not really proving anything, I know there are 12 year olds who do that, but they're not the majority of the people that buy COD every year.

And yet this vocal 'minority' is all I ever hear whenever I try to play any CoD game online. On the off chance that you do get matched up with another adult who's actually using their mic to communicate and strategize they are generally drowned out by the all the annoying tweens.

I don't know why, but the line "Fill me with your American babies." got a particularly hardy chuckle out of me. :^)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54106)