Review: Watchmen: The End is Nigh

Pages PREV 1 2

Is it just me, or does it seem like we're being robbed of truly terrible games? The games we could all point and laugh at. Think about it - this, 50 Cent Blood on the Sand and Halo Wars have been profoundly mediocre, but definitely not bad by any stretch - it seems like we are being robbed of our easy targets.

Sonic and the Black Knight is no longer funny, its just depressing. Oh well. Still have big hopes for Soulja Boi, Saw, the Micheal Phelps game and the South Park game to make a big flop.

Wow, we've got some Watchmen nerds in here.

Sorry, Watchmen enthusiasts.
Here, I'll say this in a way you'll understand.

Rorschach's Journal. March 10, 2009.
Tried End is Night trial game. Repetitive. No depth at all. Devs crazy to charge $20 for this. Sad to see this even made. Thought Watchmen didn't cash in on their reputation. Is this first in series of games? Must investigate further.

Indigo_Dingo:
Is it just me, or does it seem like we're being robbed of truly terrible games? The games we could all point and laugh at. Think about it - this, 50 Cent Blood on the Sand and Halo Wars have been profoundly mediocre, but definitely not bad by any stretch - it seems like we are being robbed of our easy targets.

Sonic and the Black Knight is no longer funny, its just depressing. Oh well. Still have big hopes for Soulja Boi, Saw, the Micheal Phelps game and the South Park game to make a big flop.

Play Shellshock 2, and have your faith restored. It's still possible to make an truly awful game. Just because the obvious train wrecks have turned out to be workable, all is not lost.

I mean, my sister and her fiance worked on that thing. I looked at it with rose-tinted glasses, and I still hated it.

I'm not going to lie to you, it has been awkward.

Break:

Indigo_Dingo:

Play Shellshock 2, and have your faith restored. It's still possible to make an truly awful game. Just because the obvious train wrecks have turned out to be workable, all is not lost.

I mean, my sister and her fiance worked on that thing. I looked at it with rose-tinted glasses, and I still hated it.

I'm not going to lie to you, it has been awkward.

True, but thats not something we could see would be awful from a mile away. There will be some games that stumble - hell, the Wii is chockablock full of them. I'm more talking games we could tell would be laughably awful, that were still promoted.

chickenlord:
ooo and the game...could have been more graphic...didn't see much blood/bones breaking in the review, which is must for anything Watchmen.

The violence in game is actually one of the redeemers. Its nicely visceral; in fact I think its the first I've seen where not only blood, but teeth get splayed in a punch to the face.

That said, I have to agree with the main points of the review.

Recommendation: If you're desperate to find a way to express inner Rorschach - you know who you are -

Susan Arendt custodiet ipsos custodes.

I "LOLED"

Wouldukindly:

SomeBritishDude:
I'm surprised Alan Moore still has hair, considering how much he must of torn out after hearing about this.

This is a guy who worships a serpent god he admits is imaginary...I think he's slowly losing his grip on reality, lucky him.

Yet hes such a briliant writer...

So funny. So... So wrong at the same time...

I felt it related.

A generic game based on a movie. Meh, i'll pass.

redassassinuk:
It could all have been much, much worse of course. http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/485797

For anyone whos interested I made a thred for this video if you want to rate and/or talk about it.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.96123#1493029

TsunamiWombat:

I felt it related.

To be honest that just cut a little close for me....sorta made me cringe.

Indigo_Dingo:

TsunamiWombat:

I felt it related.

Except it's satire!

"Rorschach, freind to all the animals!"

TsunamiWombat:

Indigo_Dingo:

TsunamiWombat:

I felt it related.

Except it's satire!

"Rorschach, freind to all the animals!"

Satire in an area where exaggeration is unnoticeable due to the nature of the area itself. From what I've seen, that wouldn't be that much of a stretch.

(In Saturday cartoons butchering the source material, I mean)

I played the demo for this, and while its fun, it just seems so bland for a next-gen game, beat-em-up or not. Last gen Dynasty Warrior games have more variety than this.
I would have liked the "just-beat-the-shit-out-of-everything" nature, but the animations are weird, like they are exaggerating every move.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here