Zero Punctuation: House of the Dead: Overkill

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

House of the Dead: Overkill

This week, House of the Dead: Overkill versus Killzone 2. Place your bets.

Watch Video

Well that was blatantly yet another anti Nintendo rant. God Yahtzee is such a fanboy.

Edit: Well I've clearly kicked a wasps nest here.

That was sweet. And yes when you look at it like that Killzone 2 is basically Gears Of World War 2...
And yes House of the Dead is pretty awesome from a presentation point of view. I recall seeing a bit with the narrator saying : " The ultimate Sacrifice!!!" while a cripple was getting a virus or something and then the black guy comes and says : "Freeze, mother fuckers!"

NINTENDO NOOOOOO!

helgast = space nazis!

Too bad no Killzone review....Was kinda looking forward to that.

quickpaw:
Well that was blatantly yet another anti Nintendo rant. God Yahtzee is such a fanboy.

I guess he's decided on a fixed quota every month. Drama whoring does bring in more site traffic after all.

ive played kill zone 2 and i thought it was immaculate, An all around good game

I sense incoming Killzone 2 fanboy flames. Hit the deck!

Wow, three good ZPs in a row! Has the golden age returned?

Eleventh! Oh, and I hate zombie games and movies in general, but a good review nonetheless.

KILLZONE 2 FTW LAWL

keep up the good work yahtzee

Sylocat:

quickpaw:

I guess he's decided on a fixed quotient every month. Drama whoring does bring in more site traffic after all.

He's already quadrupled the escapist's traffic. Is that not enough?

It's true: Jack Bauer even tortures metaphors.

Nice to see House of the Dead is aware of what a parody it's become. I just might have to check out those cutscenes on YouTube, as I don't own a Wii. Mine got trampled down by a bunch of screaming children straining the leashes held by their Twittering oblivious tube-top-wearing mothers.

GEARS of WW2 :D LOVE IT

heh, it's funny because I actually have this and I really did only show it to my friends once.

JonnWood:
I sense incoming Killzone 2 fanboy flames. Hit the deck!

Hey i am in no way a killzone 2 fan boy, i just thought it was great but i ive played games just as good like CoD4 and fallout 3. both good in my opinion

NIce, I agree... House would be way more fun, but Killzone looks like it would be more serious fun (or at least it'd try to be, I've not played either, but am looking forward to renting this one)
Well spoken Yahtzee, I really liked the 'chasing the girls around the playground with a piece of dog poo-ingly stupid' comment... that's classic there.
Keep it up!

Wow. Your first funny review in months. I agree with the House of the dead stuff disagree about the KillZone stuff.

This was a good one. HOTDOK Was easy but damn do I love it. Also love the Killzone 2 part.

so awesome.... And glad to see Yahtzee likes it (kinda)

Did you actually finish watching the video?

I don't know how/if he'll grade Madworld when it comes out but it'll probably be low considering its such a button masher.

quickpaw:

Sylocat:

quickpaw:

I guess he's decided on a fixed quotient every month. Drama whoring does bring in more site traffic after all.

He's already quadrupled the escapist's traffic. Is that not enough?

Well, he's already appointed himself as the champion of Nintendo hatedom, he has to keep up the image.

For someone who spends half his time yammering on about how he doesn't care what anyone else thinks, he sure seems obsessed with retaining his fanbase...

wtf? Bit early isn't it? Still, two games I've wanted to see. Disappointed that he's not doing a full review of Killzone 2, surely if it's as bad as he makes out, there's plenty of material for him there? Anyways, this makes me want Overkill, I think I might buy it for my best mate, cheer him up after getting dumped.

quickpaw:

Nintendo haven't made a good console since the Nintendo 64.

Feel free to call me stupid but...

I always thought that House of the Dead typing game was some kind of educational game or something. Or maybe it is. I dunno. I care about as much about zombie games as Yahtzee cares about JRPG's. Maybe less if thats actually possible.

Anyway, interesting that Killzone 2 was briefly mentioned at the end there in a sort of 'review'. The brief criticizing of the story will no doubt attract screaming fanboys to defend it.

I think the Sega being the Vizier behind Nintendo's throne is the best metaphor Yahtzee has ever used. I also like these videos where he has a relatively good temperament, it isn't all just about spewing bile.

Yet another high class review for all the family. He Really hates the Wii don't he. Good review though.

Wouldn't have it any other way? I personally prefer games that are self aware to have a bit of wit, and not just go overkill on character intros.

If I had a Wii i'd have to try that. And yes Killzone two was hilarious.
Edit: Although it's a bit like comparing Planet Terror to Troll 2 they were both funny but for entirely different reasons.

angel85:
I also like these videos where he has a relatively good temperament, it isn't all just about spewing bile.

Totally agree with you here - some of his funniest reviews are for games he actually enjoys (COD4, Saints Row 2, Painkiller) - nice to see some more reviews on this end of the spectrum.

nathan-dts:
Nintendo haven't made a good console since the Nintendo 64.

The Wii would like to have a word with you. http://www.metacritic.com/games/wii/scores/

Yahtzee needs games starting with I,K,Q and V....yes I went through the entire list...
also he has like 15 games starting with the letter S
and do games starting with "the" count as T's or as the letter the second word starts with???
either way he still needs I K Q and V

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or