Review: Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard

Review: Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard

Eat Lead is an amazing game, much like the way Evil Dead 2 is an amazing horror movie.

Read Full Article

That sounds pretty good. I'll have to try it.

Also, Dr. Horrible's doing the voice of the Big Bad, right?

When reading this review, I was reminded of Serious Sam. I don't play a lot of FPS games, but I thought that one was pretty crazy.

this is like 50 cents game, stupid, but you just have to play it!!!

Copter400:
That sounds pretty good. I'll have to try it.

Also, Dr. Horrible's doing the voice of the Big Bad, right?

Yep. Neil Patrick Harris is awesome :)

pyromcr:
this is like 50 cents game, stupid, but you just have to play it!!!

But this is so much better. NPH>50 cent

This game makes me want to buy a ps3 or 360, but bah no money for a new system.

Think it will ever come out on the PC?

I don't get why a game with a premise like that seems to have standard third person shooter mechanics instead of, say, letting you flatten enemies by jumping on them and other kinds of 8-bit crazyness. I mean, COVER? In a game that's supposed to parody old gaming clichees? I don't see Bill Rizer and Lance Bean using cover!

Now if they want the ultimate parody they could replace Matt with a robot in the European version.

KDR_11k:
I don't get why a game with a premise like that seems to have standard third person shooter mechanics instead of, say, letting you flatten enemies by jumping on them and other kinds of 8-bit crazyness. I mean, COVER? In a game that's supposed to parody old gaming clichees? I don't see Bill Rizer and Lance Bean using cover!

Now if they want the ultimate parody they could replace Matt with a robot in the European version.

In the first level, Matt comments on why he can't jump in this game when he could in his older games. I think they created the cover system purposely to poke fun at how most games nowadays throw out the jump button or rarely use it at all.

this game is a must have fore any gamer.

I wholeheartedly agree with the review. Perhaps this is a good example of an awesomely bad game, though in Eat Lead's case, most of it is entirely intentional.

I have to remember to buy this game once it gets a price drop.

This is the first time I have heard of it and it looks ok. Possible rent.

Just not interested in it.

I play a game for the gameplay. Just because a game takes the mick out of other games, if the gameplay isn't solid it ends up being the joke.

The Simpsons Game. I rest my case.

Eipok Kruden:
But this is so much better. NPH>50 cent

Saying something is better than a 50 cent game is like saying its better than raw sewage to the mouth ;)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here