What Kind of Shooter Are You?

What Kind of Shooter Are You?

Ever wondered what role you would have in a FPS? Now's your chance to find out!

Take the quiz!

The Ghost

The Ghost
Take this quiz

This is pretty accurate actually. When I used to play games like Black Ops III and other FPS games ... I liked to keep hidden and set up locations so I could take people out without alerting the other team, then find other places to lay low when the enemy team knew of my location. I remember achieving the Nuclear Killer (get 30 kills without dying) by doing this tactic, and man was it fun.

Thanks guys for publishing my quiz, much appreciated overall :D

Huh. Got "The General"... Expected something a bit more "hands-on" as my role, hence why I had suggested Sergeant as a result. You know, still in the trenches with his boys even as he's telling them what to do, and sometimes takes matters into his own hands when he needs to.

Ah well. Good quiz either way. Looking forward to what else comes up.

I am The General. Which works for me, based on the description. Kills don't matter all that much to me. Getting stuff done is what I care about.

The General

The General
Take this quiz

Asskicking equals authority in this case, I guess

The Veteran

The Veteran
Take this quiz

Now IF only I could grow that beard....

Wait, I'm actually confused as to how we should respond to the scenario questions. Should we treat them as if we were really there IRL or just in a game? Because my answers will differ radically.

Arnoxthe1:
Wait, I'm actually confused as to how we should respond to the scenario questions. Should we treat them as if we were really there IRL or just in a game? Because my answers will differ radically.

Then take it twice, answering using each set of answers separately, and see how the differences pan out.

The Warmachine

The Warmachine
Take this quiz

There is no such thing as 'overkill'

> took the quiz assuming the scenarios are game scenarios and got the General
> took the quiz again assuming the scenarios are real and got the General again

Arnoxthe1:
> took the quiz assuming the scenarios are game scenarios and got the General
> took the quiz again assuming the scenarios are real and got the General again

Maybe, just maybeeeeeeeeeee ... you're destined to be the General? XD

The General

The General
Take this quiz

I...really wasn't expecting that. Based on the other options people have posted, I'd have thought I'd be the Ghost or something.

Also, what's up with the "favorite FPS game" and including Call of Duty: WW2? It isn't even out yet. I mean, what, previous WWII FPS games were too niche?

Caramel Frappe:
Maybe, just maybeeeeeeeeeee ... you're destined to be the General? XD

No, I'm a sexy sassy gurl.

The General

The General
Take this quiz

The General seems to be in the majority here, for whatever reason.
We needs grunts to do our work dammit!

C'mon, these quizzes never ...

The Commando
Unlike the rest of your fellow soldiers, you're specialized in handling masses of enemies on your own as a one-man army. Raid after raid, you'll gun them down before moving onto the next pack. Hit and run, you'll ambush enemies from behind to spray them with your gun before finishing off whoever's lucky (or unlucky) enough to survive the flank. You're also equipped with a lot of protective gear, so you don't mind getting shot back so long as you're the only one left standing. Still, you're aware that you're no Rambo and careful on how much punishment you can handle.

... actually ... that is how I play shooters. 0.0

Initially was dismayed with the spelling errors and little niggles (Ajay Ghale not Jason Brody, Tracer can't really be called the protagonist of OW, Specs Ops is not an FPS, etc.), but was pretty satisfied with my result: The General.

Actually, seems like a lot of people got that result. :S

Guess I'm one of the odd ones out as I'm The Support.

Which isn't too surprising to me since I lean more to medic and healing roles. I know I won't be ranking 1st in kill scores, so the least I can do is keep the rest of my team alive.

Wait, I wanted to be a school one

i got mercenary which works well for me as a lone gunman type

I'm The Ghost who shouts "HAX!" at the top of his lungs when a headshot from a .50 cal fails to kill the target.

Pretty much what games trained me to be...

The Warmachine

The Warmachine
Take this quiz

They aren't called power fantasies for nothing.

The Warmachine

The Warmachine
Take this quiz

If you are not in the tank, it is because you are gathering weapons to destroy the enemy one!

Huh, unusually accurate far as these quizzes go. I default to a semi-stealthy ambusher approach in non-teambased single player games, but given the option, I always go support. Nothing quite like being the shadowy puppet master behind your team's success :D

The Support

The Support
Take this quiz

I'm the ghost as well. But only because I'm not very fast or accurate with controllers, and go full-on blind panic-mode as soon as things start to get hot, so I tend to go for the long-distance snipe.

...followed by the panicked zig-zag run away moments after I forget which button is the melee attack and end up accidentally opening the current scores/ping information window as my enemy shoots seven bells of hell out of me. I seem to find the 'lob smoke grenade somewhere out of useful range' button more often than the stabbyknifeneck button when face-to-face with a hostile.

Having more dexterous mouse & keyboard coordination means that, for PC shooters, I'm generally the machine-gun-toting average damage/range/rate-of-fire soldier-y support, as I can be that much more accurate.

Just kidding, I suck at shooters, which is why I rarely play them. I'm fairly robust at a game of Goldeneye: Source, however.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here