The Escapist Presents: March Mayhem: Pre-Tournament Show

March Mayhem: Pre-Tournament Show

The Escapist Magazine News begins coverage of the 2009 March Mayhem: Developer Showdown, with a recap of last year's tournament.

Watch Video

Best video ever.

quite funny indeed.

However the gamertag, "pinkponeylover" sounds like something Susan would have. Oh. my. god. Did I just stumble upon something much more interesting than the tournament?

It looked like it was being presented by Gordan Frohman and Coach K.

Turbine won last year? What has Turbine even made? LotR Online and Asheron's Call? *sigh*

The Great JT:

I was going to say that it looked like it was being made with Gary's Mod.
Very funny nonetheless, especially that creepy laugh by Nick.

I'm I the only one who thinks having a advert, for the video that you are about to watch... slightly odd?

Developers, Developers, Developers.....
hooray for machinima!

btw:: Command School is not sooo awesome;

ChocoCake:

The Great JT:

I was going to say that it looked like it was being made with Gary's Mod.
Very funny nonetheless, especially that creepy laugh by Nick.

You're not far off - the Source SDK was used directly, though a lot of the more intricate motions were tested in Garry's Mod first.

data_not_found:
Valve wins by providing the means to make the video.

Disclaimer: the use of Valve's Source SDK in no way reflects the opinions of the Escapist or its staff. The video could have been made by many methods, and this one happened to make the most sense. Just sayin'.

Arassar:
Turbine won last year? What has Turbine even made? LotR Online and Asheron's Call? *sigh*

Aparently Turbine made it news to the LotR:comunnity or something...SO probably everyone that cared came to the Escapist and vote turbine. Or something.

Valve wins by providing the means to make the video.

sirdanrhodes:
I'm I the only one who thinks having a advert, for the video that you are about to watch... slightly odd?

yeah, I thought that was the beginning of the video at first.

I'm still in my first year here, so I've didn't know about this event. It should be great fun.

oh and "PinkPonyLover" has to be about the greatest tag I've ever heard.

Now there is a new running joke with the escapist. Ponies...
Susan would be proud.

Ready for the developer's showdown! DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS (whoever gets this gets a cookie)

Argh! Citizens!

Other than that,Good Video. The Combine computers make me feel nice.

oliveira8:

Arassar:

Aparently Turbine made it news to the LotR:comunnity or something...SO probably everyone that cared came to the Escapist and vote turbine. Or something.

Turbine wasn't the only developer to pass news of the contest on to their game communities. Lets be fair here.

Cortheya:
Ready for the developer's showdown! DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS (whoever gets this gets a cookie)

Balmer cookies..... interesting

where do i vote? and you cant have that tag because thats my tag!! lol

jboking:

sirdanrhodes:

I'm still in my first year here, so I've didn't know about this event. It should be great fun.

It's definetly better that Noobinator.

Tenmar:
Now there is a new running joke with the escapist. Ponies...
Susan would be proud.

Indeed, I am. :)

I voted for Insomniac. If I had a 2nd choice that would go to Naughty Dog.

Brotherofwill:

jboking:

sirdanrhodes:

It's definetly better that Noobinator.

I bet Dan's girlfriend had nothing to do with that name.

Cool vid, its nice to see g-mod being used for somthing other than family guy vids...

I hope more of these machinema videos go on throughout the March Madness Dev Tourney. :-)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here