Zero Punctuation: 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . . . 17 NEXT

It's just you JC123. Great vid Yahtzee, hope to see many more, keep trolling the world at large, blah blah blah.
.....And JC? Yes, rappers black and white DO say 'yoyoyo' 'aiight' and 'women ain't etc.' just not in those exact words. If you continue to support the fantasy that hip-hop/ rap is anything other than a laughable caricature of what it once was, I will be happy to show the million-billion recent artists and compare them to 'Pac and Biggie.

Having watched all of Yahtzee's videos and read the comments, I find that sometimes the actual comments themselves are even funnier than the video. This thread is a perfect example.I won't mention any names, but some of you need to get over yourselves.

Political correctness is the cancer that's killing mankind....

This is the picture if you were curious and didn't stop it at 2:21, and some later points in the video

A decent review but a brilliant commentary on racism and political correctness in general.

Fenavian:

ChromeAlchemist:
Quite frankly I expected more of an attack on Rap music rather than the actual game on this review, and I wasn't disappointed. Congratulations Yahtzee, now I dislike you more, but what does that matter with the thousands of sheep fans you have on here?

But let's be honest here, you will likely be back every week no matter how much you despise him. That's why Howard Stern is so famous.

You would be surprised. I only watch this every now and then when I can be bothered, last year yes, every week, but not so much now.

And this is the first time I have commented on a Yahtzee video, actually.

god that made my day

Loved this review, and yeah the end was a very nice touch. Not so much a comedy one this but Yahtzee made many good points and his asinine take on things is enough for me :D

Woo yay! I'll never play BotS because Yahtzee just confirmed all my fears about just how much a waste of time/money/brain cells it would be.

XD Freaking awesome.

I saw small frames of something i didnt understand, stopping it was awesome :p

Great review it was good

Great video! Screw 50cent & Obama!

I WEAR baggy pants and listen to HipHop, but I can't stand 50. I think he's a whore and not a rapper. Also I want to mention here, that HipHop is not about mistreating women or beeing a gangster. It can be about all things in the world. I know some rappers who rap about vietnam war, or world politics or even the death as a philosophical topic. I tend to listen to THEM, and not to those stupid jerks, that are shown on TV and make all people think that HipHop is about mistreating women, shoot people and so on.

My god you make me piss Yahtzee!

FuZion.

I agree with everyone else, the ending made me laugh my ass off.

ManiacalZManiac:
I agree with everyone else, the ending made me laugh my ass off.

Agreed! Screw those lazy NIG-

Yatzhee basically showed his ass a lot in his white-privledged clueless ranty-way. He said a lot of stuff that varied from borderline to outright racist.

This doesn'[t make him a horrible human being or anything. It just makes him someone who ranted and said something dumb in public.

Think of it this way. If you walk outside with no pants on, and some people stop you and say, "Hey! You don't have any pants on!" it's not an attack. It doesn't mean you should be quiet forevermore. It means we're assuming you want to be made aware, and that you should put on a pair of pants.

wtf, that brown geeza looks like me....but i dont remember hugging random white guys when i was in aus...

Racism died the day "Chappell Show" first aired.

shawn struck:
Yatzhee basically showed his ass a lot in his white-privledged clueless ranty-way. He said a lot of stuff that varied from borderline to outright racist.

This doesn'[t make him a horrible human being or anything. It just makes him someone who ranted and said something dumb in public.

Think of it this way. If you walk outside with no pants on, and some people stop you and say, "Hey! You don't have any pants on!" it's not an attack. It doesn't mean you should be quiet forevermore. It means we're assuming you want to be made aware, and that you should put on a pair of pants.

Hey buddy, get a clue.

That one was pretty good, better than some of the more recent ones.

Triple G:
I WEAR baggy pants and listen to HipHop, but I can't stand 50. I think he's a whore and not a rapper. Also I want to mention here, that HipHop is not about mistreating women or beeing a gangster. It can be about all things in the world. I know some rappers who rap about vietnam war, or world politics or even the death as a philosophical topic. I tend to listen to THEM, and not to those stupid jerks, that are shown on TV and make all people think that HipHop is about mistreating women, shoot people and so on.

"Gangsta rap," as it's called, is, or so they tell me, only about whores, guns, and how big the rappers' dick is.

It's also the most popular kind of rap, unless I'm mistaken, which makes peoples' reaction to rap understandable, no?

Brilliant once again, and very philosopical if you think about it. Wtg!

JC123:
I'll point out the two most obvious examples for people who might not be sure what I'm talking about: 50 Cent's avatar running around yelling "Yo yo yo, Awww yeah, bitches ain't shit aiiight" which no-one in rap has actually ever done; and the constant commentary about putting down women, again an inaccurate representation of 50 Cent's music and almost all rap.

Yeah I know what you mean... /sarcasm

Did you just get away with being racist just by saying you're not...?

...AWESOME.

Glock of Damocles. That was funny.

LOL i dont even give the game a rating =_=
like a bad copy of saints row and GTA

LMAO at ending xDDD
that required me to STFU at this time because of laughter

risingphoenix:
This is the picture if you were curious and didn't stop it at 2:21, and some later points in the video

If you have to include something like this in the video to convince people you're not racist, you're probably trying to convince yourself of it.

It appears I'm in the minority here, but I found this to be one of the least funny Zero Punctuations so far, even apart from the tasteless black jokes. Not trying to stir up controversy or anything, just how I personally felt about it.

This was so true. 50 could just go into the developer's office and scream for a "lolly" if he wanted to.

Okay so having watched it a second time when I wasn't completely tired like last night, it was a completely decent review if you forget about the tasteless joke at the end and all the tangential apologizing for it done beforehand. I know it's cool to be edgy and defiant, but South Park already did that joke anyways.

But the game review part itself was good, and I think there's no need to apologize for or even mention the racial context. As Yahtzee pointed out, the plot and characters by themselves are patently ridiculous without having to attach any cultural framework to them. One of the things I like about Yahtzee is that he generally makes funny jokes without the use of stereotypes, so why start now?

I liked the bit about hit X to brutalize this guy....or don't that's cool. Also I agree with the social commentary too. Rappers are so dumb or at least the stuff they sing about is.

That was "nitpickers". He was going to say "those lazy nitpickers".

Geez, doesn't that embarrass everyone who assumed something else.

Been watching ZP for a long time now, but this review was the one that made me register for Escapist.

This the funniest ZP review I have ever seen, and the end bit made me lol so hard because of how it reminded me of the episode of the South Park where the rich black people move into town. (Had the same joke at the end)

Hilarious review.

You haven't made me laugh in a while but this got me. Well played Yahtzee, well played.

shawn struck:

Mr0llivand3r:
HAHAHAH OH NO HE DI-INT!!!

that was a great one. :-)

please let there be at least one black person who gets generally offended by this review... PLEASE!!!

it would only make the "Not Racist" subliminal messages in the review all the more funny

I've lurked for forever-billonty years, and this comment finally prompted me to register.

Why in the hell would you wish for that? That's messed up.

... be...cause "it would only make the "Not Racist" subliminal messages in the review all the more funny"...

if anyone gets offended by Yahtzee's review, they really need to stop taking themselves too seriously and to lighten up. the review was made in good spirits and for laughs, and that needs to be not only recognized, but embraced

Northover32:
<<<Not Racist haha took so long to pause it at the right time.

that last part was just like the southpark with Mr. Garrison when they scare all the black people out of town... haha if you've seen it you'll understand.

Season 5
Episode 12
"Here Comes the Neighborhood"

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . . . 17 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook