Zero Punctuation: 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

Pages PREV 1 . . . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 NEXT

Xenon Pretzel:

Jallis370:
When is he gonna start doing the music part in the beginning and end of the vids? I miss it... The videos aren't as great without the nice music, now we have to listen to this damn heavy whatnot every time. Yes I can skip it but I didnt have to before because I LIKED the part I now have to skip... Yahtzee has gone and done what games do in the end; repeat itself...

We've sorted this out ages ago, everyone else got over it and he's not changing now.

Oy, I won't stop crying about it and neither should you. Yahtzee is just lazy and lazyness makes this not at enjoyable as before. QQ I miss the mood-bringing songs!

p1ne:

risingphoenix:
This is the picture if you were curious and didn't stop it at 2:21, and some later points in the video

If you have to include something like this in the video to convince people you're not racist, you're probably trying to convince yourself of it.

It appears I'm in the minority here, but I found this to be one of the least funny Zero Punctuations so far, even apart from the tasteless black jokes. Not trying to stir up controversy or anything, just how I personally felt about it.

You also in the minority for not getting the obvious joke that was that image. It's been a joke that's been around since the late 90's early 2000's. A white guy takes a picture of themselves next to any non-white person and say "see I'm not racist".

Welcome to almost 10 years ago.

This thread is just comprised of people basically saying "I liked the ending because he was going to say nigger. Also, that line was on South Park."

The end had me in fucking stitches, bravo.

I rest my case.

Maybe its because the concept of racism is so ridiculous that its funny when someone attempts to imply it?

Is there honestly anything more absurd then persecuting someone for their skin color?

I love the way he flashes the pics with "not racist" on top of them. They made my day XD

shawn struck:
Yatzhee basically showed his ass a lot in his white-privledged clueless ranty-way. He said a lot of stuff that varied from borderline to outright racist.

During his "unfunny soapbox", he clearly stated that wearing your waistline down to your knees, wearing three hats at once, and generally treating women like shit are not exclusive to black people. (I refuse to say African-American unless the person in question is actually an immigrant or has a parent who was. I'm technically Polish-American, but I don't insist that I be called that.) It just so happens that the vast majority of the ass-showing-pants crowd is black.

If I criticize a social group for valid reasons, you cannot go crying racism just because the group includes lots of black people. Hell, in high school I gave a speech explaining why I thought rap sucked as a "music" genre, and I was called racist by a few kids, even though I didn't even make one reference to race.

So please everybody, stop flipping out that somebody called out the gangsta "culture" for what it is.

EDIT: I did read the rest of your post, and I'm not trying to make you look bad. I'm addressing this mostly to the "zomg dissing rap and gangstas is RACIST" crowd and your first paragraph. :)

Hey! Just because I'm politically correct doesn't mean that I think 50 Cent is anything else than a retarded piece of shit!

exactly bro, fuck those lazy nigs

willard3:

shawn struck:
Yatzhee basically showed his ass a lot in his white-privledged clueless ranty-way. He said a lot of stuff that varied from borderline to outright racist.

During his "unfunny soapbox", he clearly stated that wearing your waistline down to your knees, wearing three hats at once, and generally treating women like shit are not exclusive to black people. (I refuse to say African-American unless the person in question is actually an immigrant or has a parent who was. I'm technically Polish-American, but I don't insist that I be called that.) It just so happens that the vast majority of the ass-showing-pants crowd is black.

If I criticize a social group for valid reasons, you cannot go crying racism just because the group includes lots of black people. Hell, in high school I gave a speech explaining why I thought rap sucked as a "music" genre, and I was called racist by a few kids, even though I didn't even make one reference to race.

So please everybody, stop flipping out that somebody called out the gangsta "culture" for what it is.

EDIT: I did read the rest of your post, and I'm not trying to make you look bad. I'm addressing this mostly to the "zomg dissing rap and gangstas is RACIST" crowd and your first paragraph. :)

You're Polish-American? Have you seen the movie "Chlopaki nie placza" with the fat Polish guy trying to act like a rapper and calling everyone "czarnuchu" (nigger)? That was hilarious!

I agree that the end was funny.

Now for my problem. The way he is talking (and I have watched all of zero punctuation and love them) it seems that he didn't even play Killzone 2 but just went online and read a bunch of what reviewers said about it and then just started commenting on it. If he had played it he wouldn't be saying half the things he is saying or he is a moron but having watched this show for awhile it is apperent he is not a moron. So that leads to the conclusion he didn't play the game. For those that have no clue what I am refering to I will explain

Killzone 2 is as close to World War 2 in a space as I am to looking like Tom Cruise. Not close at all. In the Killzone Universe Helgast is or more appropriatly was ruled over by Tera. When they decided to declare their independence the ISA invaded. This was before Visary came to power. Then Visary came to power and admittedly the Helgast were pretty peed off. Go figure. So they became a militaristic society and invade Vecta. Admittedly there are simularities to World War 2 but this is not World War 2 in space. That lead to the PSP sequal and the Killzone 2. Which actually achieved what the commercials advertised (the jokes I could have made. The Jokes. Sigh) Anyway the story is deap and if you listen to the game (IE PLAY IT) you find alot about The helgast and their world. A rich Mineral petracite that is on their world and that they used to power half the Universe. The game is not supper deap in lore but it is there. Especially this one scene where they are talking about these soldiers who got exicuted for Uniform violations (Clearly not as extreme as NAZIs...They are more extreme. They are not racist like the nazis were for instants. The differences are numorous to the point where if I was to point out all of them this would be extremely long. IE its easier to call those who say that idiots especially when they play call of duty 5 and use that as an argue point against it.) Well contining on and not tring to get to long the game also had a rich story...Not RPG rich but pretty good along of shooters go. Halo epic like in type. As in it is actually there a big part of the game. You will always know why you are there doing what you are doing just like halo. There is purpose and drama as well. Okay to sum this up cause if you can't tell I like Killzone series as I like Halo as well. Yahtzee's comments show a general lack of any knowledge of gameplay or story. His comments seem nothing more that pokes at the game and uneducated ones at that. Now I am all for making fun of games but make sure they are educated as in true not just some crap you pick up on the internet. As it stands the game is great and well receaved. And actually deserves the praise. So Yahtzees comments are below his standerd and what his fans expect of him. Seriously letting us all down by ether looking like an idiot or a sell out. Saddens me but hopefully Yahtzee will realise the error of his ways and come out of his stupidity or dishonor respectively to actuallity. Heres hoping. Heres hoping.

Best. Ending. Ever.

I found that utterly hilarious, and I'm black.

Especially the ending!

GuerrillaClock:

Anaphyis:

GuerrillaClock:
The end bit would have been funny had he not copied it straight from South Park.
Otherwise, very funny, maybe because I hate Fiddy so very much. Overall, Yahtzee's best in a while.

So? He made a joke that happened to be in a 8 year old episode of Southpark. Holy shit, call the police. You sure have a humorless life if a joke is only funny once, probably stopped laughing after the 4th grade. My condolences.

Didn't realise I'd poked the proverbial hornets' nest of fanboys with a throwaway comment. I made a point, then moved on. It was barely even a criticism. Grow up. Yahtzee doesn't need defending by anyone, least of all by whiny fanboys throwing a tantrum. You sure must have a painful life if you cry at anyone who dares to go against your almighty opinion.
My condolences.

Ah, make a stupid comment and when someone calls you on it, it must be a fanboy. You really can't walk through gamer country without getting stuck knee deep in that kind of ad hominem. I don't care if it goes against Yahtzee (who, if he's got working portions of his brain left, won't be reading this forum anyway. And yes, I'm aware of the irony) and I care even less about you. It's just really sad you consider spouting nonsense - of the kind you normally have to go to youtube or 4chan for - making a point.

Anaphyis:

Ah, make a stupid comment and when someone calls you on it, it must be a fanboy. You really can't walk through gamer country without getting stuck knee deep in that kind of ad hominem. I don't care if it goes against Yahtzee (who, if he's got working portions of his brain left, won't be reading this forum anyway. And yes, I'm aware of the irony) and I care even less about you. It's just really sad you consider spouting nonsense - of the kind you normally have to go to youtube or 4chan for - making a point.

What on earth are you talking about? Why did you feel the need to post this several days after the fact? I apologise for feeding the obvious troll here, but if you feel the need to rage at a total stranger who makes a comment against someone you like, then yes, yes you are exactly the kind of fanboy that is the laughing stock of forums everywhere.

What exactly was stupid about my comment, may I ask? All you've done is sling mud without making a single point. I made a valid point about the review, which you evidently took personal offence to, and I responded. How is this nonsense? I restate my previous suggestion, this time in bold to make sure you get it;

GROW UP.

p1ne:

If you have to include something like this in the video to convince people you're not racist, you're probably trying to convince yourself of it.

It appears I'm in the minority here, but I found this to be one of the least funny Zero Punctuations so far, even apart from the tasteless black jokes. Not trying to stir up controversy or anything, just how I personally felt about it.

The picture together with the "I'm not racist" disclaimer was build-up for the joke at the end. That was actually the point, the complete contradiction and the weak "see my token black friend here" makes it funny (well, not for you, but whatever) and was the very intention.

That aside, if you openly despise something that can be pinned on a minority, you are pretty much doomed to get shrieked "Racist!" at by some people anyway, whether you include a disclaimer or not. It's kind of like that scene in Life of Brian, where people say Brian is the messiah because he denies it and only the real messiah would do that - And when he tried reverse psychology and says he is the messiah, they all cheer anyway. In fact, I've read feminists complain about a show being misogynistic on the one hand and man complain about THE VERY SAME SHOW it's misandristic.

thesillyoldbear:
Anyone see Sean Noonan from Midway games tweet about Yahtzee?

http://twitter.com/Aneurexorcyst/status/1349515209

"2:00pm EST: Zero Punctuation appears to have gotten worse in the few months I stopped listening. The guy is an idiot."

And don't flame me, I'm just reposting it.

Creator of terrible games dislikes creator of videos that pick on terrible games.

Wow, how does this work?

Oh, ace review.

GuerrillaClock:

What on earth are you talking about? Why did you feel the need to post this several days after the fact?

What is your problem? Seriously. It's been two days. Does this already qualify as ancient for your or don't you get that some people don't check every day for replies someone they don't care about might have made on a throwaway comment?

But let's get to the point, because this argument wasted more time already then what it's worth. Again, because you didn't get it the first turn: I'm not defending Yahtzee and I couldn't care less if you openly insulted him. You said you don't like the joke at the end because it was made already in a Southpark episode 8 years ago. Now, if you don't like a joke, fair enough. But you pretty much implied a joke is only funny once - and we're not even talking about Monty Python or Seinfeld ones here which are repeated a bazillion times - it makes your point borderline retarded because it goes against most comedy tropes one can think of.

That was the original point. And yes, it has grown way out of proportion. Granted, I could have phrased that nicer and thus less cynical. I would even say sorry if you would be any less guilty. You know, with your complete "I've neither read or understood what you have written but you definitely are a complete fanboy/troll/pedophile for not agreeing with my infallible perception of reality" attitude.

And if you still think I'm just a raging rabid fanboy below your attention because I was not super nice to a man who obviously deserves it - sure, whatever works for you, buddy. Prejudice makes your life sparkle after all.

Anaphyis:

What is your problem? Seriously. It's been two days. Does this already qualify as ancient for your or don't you get that some people don't check every day for replies someone they don't care about might have made on a throwaway comment?

But let's get to the point, because this argument wasted more time already then what it's worth. Again, because you didn't get it the first turn: I'm not defending Yahtzee and I couldn't care less if you openly insulted him. You said you don't like the joke at the end because it was made already in a Southpark episode 8 years ago. Now, if you don't like a joke, fair enough. But you pretty much implied a joke is only funny once - and we're not even talking about Monty Python or Seinfeld ones here which are repeated a bazillion times - it makes your point borderline retarded because it goes against most comedy tropes one can think of.

That was the original point. And yes, it has grown way out of proportion. Granted, I could have phrased that nicer and thus less cynical. I would even say sorry if you would be any less guilty. You know, with your complete "I've neither read or understood what you have written but you definitely are a complete fanboy/troll/pedophile for not agreeing with my infallible perception of reality" attitude.

And if you still think I'm just a raging rabid fanboy below your attention because I was not super nice to a man who obviously deserves it - sure, whatever works for you, buddy. Prejudice makes your life sparkle after all.

Well, when you issue such a silly snap response and resort to personal attacks over a throwaway comment, I'm not sure what kind of response you were expecting from me. Do you live in a placid area where everyone just bows down to each other when they are insulted?

If making a simple point about someone rehashing someone else's work into his own means I "deserve" that abuse then it is no wonder the world is such a violent place. You misunderstood my post, drew out implications that weren't there and spun it out into a tiresome argument, and I concede that maybe I shouldn't have fanned the flames, but when someone openly insults me despite obviously not understanding what I said I don't see why I should just accept it.

Personally i found the entire thing hilarious and the build up to that ending was really funny, anyone who wants to preach about it being racist probably didn't really comprehend what is going on, or more over is probably a person with a chip on their shoulder.

Very funny. I found the pictures of himself amusing.

mcderek3000:
You're Polish-American? Have you seen the movie "Chlopaki nie placza" with the fat Polish guy trying to act like a rapper and calling everyone "czarnuchu" (nigger)? That was hilarious!

I fail to see how this is relevant to the conversation.

And no, I haven't. :)

hahahaha end bit made me laugh, reminded me of blazing saddles

He seemed to talk slower in this one.

GuerrillaClock:

Anaphyis:

Well, when you issue such a silly snap response and resort to personal attacks over a throwaway comment, I'm not sure what kind of response you were expecting from me. Do you live in a placid area where everyone just bows down to each other when they are insulted?

If making a simple point about someone rehashing someone else's work into his own means I "deserve" that abuse then it is no wonder the world is such a violent place. You misunderstood my post, drew out implications that weren't there and spun it out into a tiresome argument, and I concede that maybe I shouldn't have fanned the flames, but when someone openly insults me despite obviously not understanding what I said I don't see why I should just accept it.

tl;dr: Fan Wank

BLOODY LOVED THE REVIEW (why do they keep encouraging 50 cent anyway???)

I'm always a little suspicious of over-use of the humor defense: "Jokes totally can't be racist or hurtful. Joking is the ultimate defense!"

What if it's also unfunny?

Kevin7557:
<Removed long quote about Killzone 2>

Seriously, either you commented on the wrong video or your just trying to whine at us. Yahtzee's last review - House of the dead: Overkill - was the one with references to Killzone 2. Not this one.

BlueMage:
Best. Ending. Ever.

The ending made me laugh so hard I cried.

*sets the "Days-Since-I-Laughed-Till-I-Cried" o-meter back to zero*

hilarious ending.

Ben you did it again! XD

Haha, classic as always! Classic!

I've watched this ZP 10 times now. Best ZP EVARRRRRRRRR. Way to work politics into a videogame review and say what everyone is thinking. A society where everyone can make fun of everyone else is a truly tolerant society. Amen. I can't wait for next Wednesday.

Love the subliminal messages tossed in (4 or 5 times?) that + the last joke, made me LMFAO Very nice work yahz!

Pages PREV 1 . . . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here