Zero Punctuation: 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

Pages PREV 1 . . . 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 NEXT

TheSKSpecial:

Samoftherocks:
There have been only two games based on musicians that have been any good at all, and they are Wu-Tang Shaolin Style and Moonwalker.

Def Jam Vendetta and Fight For New York say hi.

^ This.

Seriously, Fight for NY was a great game with decent story that came out of an action movie in a campy cheesy way that made it awesome.

So how in all of hell did we get Icon?

Kholdgrave:

^ This.

Seriously, Fight for NY was a great game with decent story that came out of an action movie in a campy cheesy way that made it awesome.

So how in all of hell did we get Icon?

New developer. AKI (the folks behind pretty much every N64 WWF/WCW game) did DJV and FFNY, EA Chicago did Icon.

EA tried to overhaul the game the same as Fight Night Rd. 3...didn't work as well at they'd planned, obviously.

unfortunately some blacks are lazy and some of them are rappers but they came from the ghetto so grew up like that. Same can be said for anyone who lives in the ghettos of Europe or India or China etc..

It takes a collective effort to help change any part of the Earth weather that be for a good/bad cause depends on who doing it. Throwing money doesn't help that much less you give that money a bit of direction and order to make it uses correctly.

That ending was fucking comedy gold!

I suppose you could call the skull the "Crystal Skull" if you wanted,

The funniest one i seen so far

not that they would know anything about work the lazy nig.....
hahahahaha

not that they would know anything about work lazy nig

i have a true hate for rappers of all kinds. i respect you yachtzee for this review

50 cent uses rap "You" can rap about anything and you can use whatever words you like from your vocabulary. Hip Hop takes about the social struggles of people who live in the ghettos(of any cities in America or around the world) when you get people rap about money,cars,hoes etc.. it makes money and that type of rap is called "gangster" rap. People can start to rap and created beats and rap to them

the stuff we hear today is mostly club songs,snap music and churnk music. Anyone can dance to it and rap or created beats for it.

lolololol. that was great.

50 Cent probably wrote the story personally.

The end bit was the best

Also, dunno if anyone else noticed: it's supposed to be so guy's wife's skull, but its a male skull

okogamashii:
Also, dunno if anyone else noticed: it's supposed to be so guy's wife's skull, but its a male skull

CONSPIRACY!!!!

(That would actually make the plot awesome)

Whiter than a snowman with a questionable fetish.

Oh yatzhee, you racist

Excellent!

Kevin7557:
I agree that the end was funny.

Now for my problem. The way he is talking (and I have watched all of zero punctuation and love them) it seems that he didn't even play Killzone 2 but just went online and read a bunch of what reviewers said about it and then just started commenting on it. If he had played it he wouldn't be saying half the things he is saying or he is a moron but having watched this show for awhile it is apperent he is not a moron. So that leads to the conclusion he didn't play the game. For those that have no clue what I am refering to I will explain

Killzone 2 is as close to World War 2 in a space as I am to looking like Tom Cruise. Not close at all. In the Killzone Universe Helgast is or more appropriatly was ruled over by Tera. When they decided to declare their independence the ISA invaded. This was before Visary came to power. Then Visary came to power and admittedly the Helgast were pretty peed off. Go figure. So they became a militaristic society and invade Vecta. Admittedly there are simularities to World War 2 but this is not World War 2 in space. That lead to the PSP sequal and the Killzone 2. Which actually achieved what the commercials advertised (the jokes I could have made. The Jokes. Sigh) Anyway the story is deap and if you listen to the game (IE PLAY IT) you find alot about The helgast and their world. A rich Mineral petracite that is on their world and that they used to power half the Universe. The game is not supper deap in lore but it is there. Especially this one scene where they are talking about these soldiers who got exicuted for Uniform violations (Clearly not as extreme as NAZIs...They are more extreme. They are not racist like the nazis were for instants. The differences are numorous to the point where if I was to point out all of them this would be extremely long. IE its easier to call those who say that idiots especially when they play call of duty 5 and use that as an argue point against it.) Well contining on and not tring to get to long the game also had a rich story...Not RPG rich but pretty good along of shooters go. Halo epic like in type. As in it is actually there a big part of the game. You will always know why you are there doing what you are doing just like halo. There is purpose and drama as well. Okay to sum this up cause if you can't tell I like Killzone series as I like Halo as well. Yahtzee's comments show a general lack of any knowledge of gameplay or story. His comments seem nothing more that pokes at the game and uneducated ones at that. Now I am all for making fun of games but make sure they are educated as in true not just some crap you pick up on the internet. As it stands the game is great and well receaved. And actually deserves the praise. So Yahtzees comments are below his standerd and what his fans expect of him. Seriously letting us all down by ether looking like an idiot or a sell out. Saddens me but hopefully Yahtzee will realise the error of his ways and come out of his stupidity or dishonor respectively to actuallity. Heres hoping. Heres hoping.

Um, yeah, hi. I played killzone 2. Here's my impression.

Steroid addicts go to war. Swear a lot. A guy dies as expected, and the hero goes angst-y. Hero and dead guy are only somewhat-likable characters in the entire game. Everyone else is replaceable at best; the fragile, brainy woman, the asshole in charge of the squad, the guy in th squad who no one really cares about. God, its like a bad sci-fi movie,

So yeah. It's basically a mindless shooter; which don't get me, I enjoyed immensely, but it does nothing to negate the point a four-year old could have come up with something like it. Maybe I'd have been able to take it more seriously if every single line didn't seem to have some swear word in it. Yeah it's rated M, but dear god, you don't have to abuse it. The story was just a cover for all the blood, gore, and profanity the developers jammed into the poor thing.

I can totally see how he'd just skip over it, unless you're one of those "intellectual" types who likes reading into things too deeply. And enjoys whining and being ignored. And actually cares what a game reviewer thinks about a game, because his opinion doesn't matter, only yours does.

Oh yeah, and Halo is also crap. It handles like a small tank, from my experience. Except for the multiplayer. You know, if you're into that kind of thing.

Brightshadow 5:

Kevin7557:
I agree that the end was funny.

Now for my problem. The way he is talking (and I have watched all of zero punctuation and love them) it seems that he didn't even play Killzone 2 but just went online and read a bunch of what reviewers said about it and then just started commenting on it. If he had played it he wouldn't be saying half the things he is saying or he is a moron but having watched this show for awhile it is apperent he is not a moron. So that leads to the conclusion he didn't play the game. For those that have no clue what I am refering to I will explain

Killzone 2 is as close to World War 2 in a space as I am to looking like Tom Cruise. Not close at all. In the Killzone Universe Helgast is or more appropriatly was ruled over by Tera. When they decided to declare their independence the ISA invaded. This was before Visary came to power. Then Visary came to power and admittedly the Helgast were pretty peed off. Go figure. So they became a militaristic society and invade Vecta. Admittedly there are simularities to World War 2 but this is not World War 2 in space. That lead to the PSP sequal and the Killzone 2. Which actually achieved what the commercials advertised (the jokes I could have made. The Jokes. Sigh) Anyway the story is deap and if you listen to the game (IE PLAY IT) you find alot about The helgast and their world. A rich Mineral petracite that is on their world and that they used to power half the Universe. The game is not supper deap in lore but it is there. Especially this one scene where they are talking about these soldiers who got exicuted for Uniform violations (Clearly not as extreme as NAZIs...They are more extreme. They are not racist like the nazis were for instants. The differences are numorous to the point where if I was to point out all of them this would be extremely long. IE its easier to call those who say that idiots especially when they play call of duty 5 and use that as an argue point against it.) Well contining on and not tring to get to long the game also had a rich story...Not RPG rich but pretty good along of shooters go. Halo epic like in type. As in it is actually there a big part of the game. You will always know why you are there doing what you are doing just like halo. There is purpose and drama as well. Okay to sum this up cause if you can't tell I like Killzone series as I like Halo as well. Yahtzee's comments show a general lack of any knowledge of gameplay or story. His comments seem nothing more that pokes at the game and uneducated ones at that. Now I am all for making fun of games but make sure they are educated as in true not just some crap you pick up on the internet. As it stands the game is great and well receaved. And actually deserves the praise. So Yahtzees comments are below his standerd and what his fans expect of him. Seriously letting us all down by ether looking like an idiot or a sell out. Saddens me but hopefully Yahtzee will realise the error of his ways and come out of his stupidity or dishonor respectively to actuallity. Heres hoping. Heres hoping.

Um, yeah, hi. I played killzone 2. Here's my impression.

Steroid addicts go to war. Swear a lot. A guy dies as expected, and the hero goes angst-y. Hero and dead guy are only somewhat-likable characters in the entire game. Everyone else is replaceable at best; the fragile, brainy woman, the asshole in charge of the squad, the guy in th squad who no one really cares about. God, its like a bad sci-fi movie,

So yeah. It's basically a mindless shooter; which don't get me, I enjoyed immensely, but it does nothing to negate the point a four-year old could have come up with something like it. Maybe I'd have been able to take it more seriously if every single line didn't seem to have some swear word in it. Yeah it's rated M, but dear god, you don't have to abuse it. The story was just a cover for all the blood, gore, and profanity the developers jammed into the poor thing.

I can totally see how he'd just skip over it, unless you're one of those "intellectual" types who likes reading into things too deeply. And enjoys whining and being ignored. And actually cares what a game reviewer thinks about a game, because his opinion doesn't matter, only yours does.

Oh yeah, and Halo is also crap. It handles like a small tank, from my experience. Except for the multiplayer. You know, if you're into that kind of thing.

I think you're both kinda reading into things too deeply...but that's fine cuz I guess it's kinda the "intellectual" types to do so (no sarcasm in that, just saying)

The ending was awesome!

I love how the black or African American guy is all covered in dirt and Yahtzee and an imp help him make a better world. XD

This is one of my favourite ZP episodes because Yahtzee's completely right; due to political correctness, you can't make any cultural comments, even in jest, without being branded as racist and having every other so and so with the moral highground burn your house down.

Of course he doesn't mean anything racist he might say, it's just for fun, and that's why I like it; it's funny because it's controversial, not because it's racist. If anyone is honestly offended by that then they should seriously pull that thorn out of their arse - IT'S A JOKE.

And I loved the last bit, I love his blatant hypocrisy.

Haha love the bit about the two hats >.< Seriously.. why would you?

HA! Holy crap the end really got me laughing. xD

the lazy nig....

I probably spent way too much time trying to pause on the "Not Racist" pic that kept flashing. Finally got it the last time XD

Are there no black people in this website or did people (in general) get a sense of humor at some point?

Oscar90:
Are there no black people in this website or did people (in general) get a sense of humor at some point?

I think some dude did have a mental breakdown due to the end joke a few pages back I think lol...

Yeah be careful "not racist" it was an okay vid but the humor was borderline.

Oscar90:

I'm black. I think like most others he spent so much time setting the joke up that even the most easily insulted people understood he was joking. Of course if he'd tried the same joke without a whole four minutes of prep before it there'd probably be 500 pages of internet hate here because people are morons. A lot of jokes he's made in the past about groups (mostly ______ (insert company, game name, here) fanboys) that in turn recieved a lot of hatred were abrupt, he'd drop them on you with the assumption that you understood the basis for the joke. Most people did but of course a lot of people are dense. He clearly understood he was tiptoeing on dangerous territory here and so took his time making it excessively clear what was coming, so when it did he got the laughs he was looking for.

It was calculated and it paid off.

I always thought this was a pretty good episode. Yes, you can tell the joke at the end is coming because of all the "not racist" flashes through the review, but it works. Build up can be a good thing.

"Can't you see that man is a ni-?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQzI3k39Cfw

1:29, 01:43, 2:21, 3:06,4:02 and 4:54...damn thats 6 times he did that "Not Racist" thing haha. I only noticed like 1 or 2 the first time.

To this day, still the best, funniest ZP episode I've ever seen. I've lost count of the number of Fiddy fans I've played this for :)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here