Zero Punctuation: 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 17 NEXT

wish it wednesday every day

Mr Garrison did that first, but I still laughed hard.

SoupsMan:
Oh Yahtzee, I hope you have donned your flame retardant suit, commenting on racial/social situations is always bad news. Nice subliminal picture there.

Though I must say, your ending leaves something, like the sentence needs to be fini

He is mocking 50 Cent on The Escapist. Few here are going to flame him I assure you.

I truly don't get why he would even waste his time reviewing this game. I really don't understand him, he reams the crap out of games are that are either good or great, but he can play a mediocre game or even bad game like this that deserves it and he can only say two or three bad things about it. I think he needs to have written somewhere, something like what AVGN has, that he mainly focuses on the bad aspects of games and that he actually likes some of the games he bags on, because if he really feels exactly how he says he does in these videos, then what is he doing playing games?

Some how I get the subliminally influenced feeling that Yahtzee is not a racist. I wonder where that came from.

Also, I wonder if he'll actually catch any flack for that last little comment/non comment at the end.

It'll be funny to see if any controversy arises from it.

LOL "not that they would know anything about work, the lazy ni...*cut*"
yahtzee that killed be you racist bastard

i agree with the whole " only a world where you can make fun of anything without being annoyed by selfrigheous cheesy pricks (ie everyone on the escapist except me because im AWESOME) would be totaly unprejudiced" not that anyone would give shit

*collapses laughing* Brilliant, Yahtzee! Absolutely hilarious. Especially that end bit. And I like your CoD4 theory.

Gladion:

Mazty:
Hahahaha really funny, and amazing ending.
50 Cent games suck....Big surprise...
Seriously though, by expanding his view, I thought Yahztee would have meant talking about multiplayer and playing mainstream, big titles, like Resistance 2, or other large titles. AS much as I'm for laughs, it is kind of pointless reviewing a blatant turd of a game.

I think you completely miss out the point of his videos... or do you want to tell me you take them as serious reviews instead of just funny vids?

Anyways, didn't laugh about this one too much, but I liked it a lot.

It was a funny video, maybe one of the funniest, but much more to do about the rap ideals and very little about the game. The farcry 2 video and others mention gameplay much more, and reviewing a game which you can't really say is anything other then medicore in terms of gameplay seems a little pointless. Just after the last few reviews (skate, theif, spiderman), was hoping it may shed some light on a game worth looking at.

The end bit would have been funny had he not copied it straight from South Park.
Otherwise, very funny, maybe because I hate Fiddy so very much. Overall, Yahtzee's best in a while.

I lol'ed at the ending, funny review, also why did 50 Cent want to make two games about him shooting people? Doesnt he do that enough in his songs..by songs i mean speaking really fast with music in the background xD

Yahtzee is not Racist, Yahtzee is not Racist, Yahtzee is not Racist... lol
Ending was especially funny, it made my day

Good overall. Didn't give much information about the game itself (although on reflection there probably wasn't much of a game in the first place,) but all the other stuff made up for it.

gers.......jeez, i laughed so hard....that was awesome

Thats more then Ive laughed In a while.

I cant watch the movie, as soon as i start it, a black screen pops up infront of it, and nothing happens, if i press the black screen i get redirected to the march mayhem thing, i dont care about that, i just wanna watch the damn video, but i cant make the advertisement go away >_<

Fuck you lemonhead!

The bits with Yahtzee's subliminal pictures with that guy really reminds me of Father Ted ahh the old days.

Good episode

I must agrea The ending was making me laugh very hard. I felt like the old Yahtzee is back. I mean he even got his old rant back. I mean I loved the way Yahtzee rant on rebeling to accully reveiw a game but make the game something he can rant on. Finally middle of march but Yahtzee finally got his reviewing spirit back. Best video so far for the year.

soniccaraway:
I truly don't get why he would even waste his time reviewing this game. I really don't understand him, he reams the crap out of games are that are either good or great, but he can play a mediocre game or even bad game like this that deserves it and he can only say two or three bad things about it. I think he needs to have written somewhere, something like what AVGN has, that he mainly focuses on the bad aspects of games and that he actually likes some of the games he bags on, because if he really feels exactly how he says he does in these videos, then what is he doing playing games?

Uurrr what? The only good thing he said about this game was that the gameplay worked well...and then quickly said it got repetitive.

the end bit had me in stitches, great review!

There should be a 2 second break in the next video, so I can pause it and eat some toast. I'll email Yahtzee that suggestion.

By the way good video!

JPMotion:
Pure ZP brilliance - the best in a long time :D

I know, Yahtzee is now back on his high horse : ).

Edit - He denied that picture being him on the Game Damage forums.

Great review; much better than the last few. Go figure we see yet another cookie-cutter FPS based on a media icon. When are we going to get a Mickey Mouse game where you go around to theatres capturing people who are pirating movies? And yes MPAA, I now own the rights to that idea, and you bet your ass I'll toss a lawsuit at you if you even think of using it without paying me millions of dollars.

The social commentary was well argued. It's not that black people are retarded, it's that some people (black, white, or otherwise) are retarded and feel they need to boast about all of the illegal, immoral shit they purport to do on a regular basis.

That being said, if I had as much money as 50 Cent, I'd probably be drinking, fucking women, and boasting about it too.

The last part made me laugh so hard. Too funny. Keep up the good work.

wow everyone gets a little worked up when someone almost says the word n***** don't they? Its not really that funny, I get that it is used in an ironic way, and I respect Yahtzee for going there. but people snickering about a joke that basically goes 'oh have you noticed how lazy black people are' then saying oh i didn't really mean it is pretty base if you ask me.

FUCKING HA! amazing, and glad Yahtzee is picking up some new material. best episode in a long time ^.^

Nice subliminal messages.

"nig-" Classic.
Him insulting the politically correct was also great.

That was excellent!

Silverwebsurfer:
wow everyone gets a little worked up when someone almost says the word nigger don't they? Its not really that funny, I get that it is used in an ironic way, and I respect Yahtzee for going there. but people sniggering about a joke that basically goes 'oh have you noticed how lazy black people are' then saying oh i didn't really mean it is pretty base if you ask me.

Your treading on thin ice...
You dont have a sensationalist front to hide behind, but I really vould care less in ither scenario.

EDIT: Ignore what i wrote, i managed to get the damn advertisement to play, i just had to restart Mozilla 5 times and reload the page 11 times...

Seriously though, the site is already spammed with March Mayhem, mind not putting it exacly everywhere?, some people dont care about it, and its annoying when you have to go through all that trouble just to watch the video Thanks to March Mayhem

wonder how it feels to have the power to make so many people rewatch and pause for a subliminal joke ... the mans a legend

Anyone else catch the subliminal messages that were in that? I had to slow it down but shit it was funny.

God that end was priceless, and its good to see that someone else thinks about rap the same way as me.

Yahtzee's last couple of reviews weren't as funny as they should have been, but it's good to see he's back on form. And with social commentary too. What a mix.

Also, Fronken, I've got AdBlock plus and NoScript installed and it works fine with me...

mike1921:
"nig-" Classic.
Him insulting the politically correct was also great.

I think he was insulting racists with that line, otherwise it wouldn't be satire.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 17 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here