Zero Punctuation: 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 17 NEXT

archwiccan:
this was a smart episode. It wasn't overly funny right until the very last 2 seconds, i wonder what would have happened if he didn't cut himself off in the video?

yeah but don't forget that in the "Uncharted" review there was a character wearing an "I Hate N*****s" billboard for a shirt

ultimatechance:
wow, that ending was a tad bit edgy wasnt it?

This

Mr0llivand3r:

archwiccan:
this was a smart episode. It wasn't overly funny right until the very last 2 seconds, i wonder what would have happened if he didn't cut himself off in the video?

yeah but don't forget that in the "Uncharted" review there was a character wearing an "I Hate N*****s" billboard for a shirt

True, but I think that was meant to be a reference to Die Hard with a Vengence

kaziard:

Goldbling:

kaziard:

DangerousNewb:
Yes yes, Hip Hop aint what it used to be.

i wasnt aware it was ever good... anywho that review was awesome, not laughed as hard at a ZP for a while now :P nice ending :)

Har har har, I hate when people talk about rap music then wonder why a black kid beats them up... seriously you dont see me going around talking about rock or country or whatever you listin to

ok well that was an interesting post 1. i dont need to wonder why i got beaten up seeing as i dont get into fights of trivial differences between peoples tastes 2. why would it be "a black kid" last time i looked any music could be enjoyed by anyone quit beeing ignorant 3. feel free to speak yer mind about metal im not insecure enough to be riled by any insults against it and last dont be so sensitive

Being a bystander in this exchange, I have to say:

I -do- agree that alternative rap/hip-hop is actually very good, and requires a lot of talent and writing-skill. See, this is how I would've phrased a counter-argument here. However, eh..."Goldbling" here (note the irony, with the username?) is only really (unfortunately) reinforcing the stereotypes that he shouldn't be.

1. Reinforcing the stereotype that Black people beat others up
2. Reinforcing that Blacks deploy reverse racism against Whites
3. Reinforcing that they are less educated, and more likely to react violently to things they don't like

When I was at University, I dormed with Black suitemates, and they were -anything- but these stereotypes here. They also shared with me the beauty of alternative hip-hop which requires so much more thought than the mainstream crud that's on the radio/TV.

So no. Just no

Hehehehe very funny, excellently executed, and genuinely the most epic thing this week as far. Really great review, the end had me in stitches.

How long will the asinine internet arguments last this time? 500 posts, 1000 posts or will it beat SSBB and reach 2000 posts. The race for utter inanity is on. Release the velociraptors!

Heh, RAPtors.

I think Yahtzee's comments about this games are true for the hip-hop genre as a whole, it's not the product itself, but the attitude taken towards creating it that makes so musch of it a waste of time.

I spent so much time trying to read those subliminal messages. Very funny.

Love the joke about the gunships and who did not like the end.

Oh god. I lol'd at the last bit. Even if it did nearly make me choke to death.

Haha love the ending

SoupsMan:
Oh Yahtzee, I hope you have donned your flame retardant suit, commenting on racial/social situations is always bad news. Nice subliminal picture there.

Though I must say, your ending leaves something, like the sentence needs to be fini

Yeah, it was almost like he said Candlejack or something.

The subliminal messages were hilari

The ending was just priceless, it also reminds me of "The Sopranos"

This just made my day, great video Yahtzee

P.S: I always need to pause the video so i can read the finl comments on it
P.S: Still, i think i forgot someth...

super_smash_jesus:
That ending was classic.

Lazy NI...

Lazy?
What do you mean they picked our cotton...

Oh shit.

I knew in the back of my mind that if you reviewed this game this would happen.

I'm black (like that can be verified online but who cares) and I found the review funny as hell. I bought the game on day 1 because (1) I am a Fiffy fan and (2) the game got good reviews practically across the board. Right now, it is one of my favorite games because of the gameplay, the online co-op and the attitude. Seriously, the story alone is so ridiculous that there is no other way you can take it except as comedy and the in-game scenarios have been the only time that I've ever laughed out loud while playing a game. The game isn't obviously for everyone, but it is still better than most movie tie-ins.

Keep up the great work Ben and don't let anybody (black, white or ChiaPet) keep you from speaking your mind.

GuerrillaClock:
The end bit would have been funny had he not copied it straight from South Park.
Otherwise, very funny, maybe because I hate Fiddy so very much. Overall, Yahtzee's best in a while.

So? He made a joke that happened to be in a 8 year old episode of Southpark. Holy shit, call the police. You sure have a humorless life if a joke is only funny once, probably stopped laughing after the 4th grade. My condolences.

HA, pure gold

Well for some reason I feel like apologizing for my homophobia comment last week, I guess I took it too seriously. Not that you know, because you never read these threads, and I can't blame you. (:

Cool, after those last few ones I was worried you were losing a bit of your edge.

But this was pure brilliance. There were so many things going on at once at any one moment it was hard to keep track of it all. This one definitely needs to be watched more than once for full effect.

Anaphyis:

GuerrillaClock:
The end bit would have been funny had he not copied it straight from South Park.
Otherwise, very funny, maybe because I hate Fiddy so very much. Overall, Yahtzee's best in a while.

So? He made a joke that happened to be in a 8 year old episode of Southpark. Holy shit, call the police. You sure have a humorless life if a joke is only funny once, probably stopped laughing after the 4th grade. My condolences.

Didn't realise I'd poked the proverbial hornets' nest of fanboys with a throwaway comment. I made a point, then moved on. It was barely even a criticism. Grow up. Yahtzee doesn't need defending by anyone, least of all by whiny fanboys throwing a tantrum. You sure must have a painful life if you cry at anyone who dares to go against your almighty opinion.
My condolences.

That games story was deep and philosophical, Yahtzee is just dim witted to comprehend.

kaziard:

Goldbling:

kaziard:

DangerousNewb:
Yes yes, Hip Hop aint what it used to be.

i wasnt aware it was ever good... anywho that review was awesome, not laughed as hard at a ZP for a while now :P nice ending :)

Har har har, I hate when people talk about rap music then wonder why a black kid beats them up... seriously you dont see me going around talking about rock or country or whatever you listin to

ok well that was an interesting post 1. i dont need to wonder why i got beaten up seeing as i dont get into fights of trivial differences between peoples tastes 2. why would it be "a black kid" last time i looked any music could be enjoyed by anyone quit beeing ignorant 3. feel free to speak yer mind about metal im not insecure enough to be riled by any insults against it and last dont be so sensitive

I'm not sensitive, but when you 1,000,000 people telling you that one of your favorite genres sucks it gets really annoying, and it gets even more annoying when I tell people I also like classical and Techo(and all sub-genres of Techno)becuse then they tell me I'm just trying to fit in with everyone. Here is the thing, I like almost every genre of music with two exeptions, country and scremo/grindcore or anything that sounds like it.

Funny stuff. It does seem kind of masturbatory, when you think about it. Seems like a lot of games nowadays are doing it for graphic images/gore/shock value. Whatever happened to story?

I R A RITER

also, to contribute to the argument:

Hip hop: AWSUM

Rap: rather ghey i must shey

The ending was totally rinsed from South Park, thread is tl so dr but generally this was good.~~

Goldbling:

I'm not sensitive, but when you 1,000,000 people telling you that one of your favorite genres sucks it gets really annoying, and it gets even more annoying when I tell people I also like classical and Techo(and all sub-genres of Techno)becuse then they tell me I'm just trying to fit in with everyone. Here is the thing, I like almost every genre of music with two exeptions, country and scremo/grindcore or anything that sounds like it.

dude i get plenty of stick over my choice in metal though its easy enough to just plug the ear phones in and smile, i am liking this polar opposite though, i r for teh screaming (but definately not screamo damn emo music ruins screaming :@) and the only stuf i dislike is tha rap dance nd techno.

best review ever!!!

lol the subliminal messages. "not racist".

Hehe I loved the subliminal pics throughout, and the ending was so perfect.

soo funny i almost wet myself,

"Not that they'd know anything about work the lazy nigg-" First one to finish that sentence is called racist

Pretty good review. Still not planning on getting this game. I think my pure frustration about 50 cent and what he stands for would make me through my 360 through the window...

...don't want to buy another one

You're so racist... *twitch* OH YOU'RE SO NOT RACIST... what the hell just happened?

I knew this would more of a commetry on rap and 50 cent than the game itself which is why of course I was very quick to watch this one... and it was great!

I dont know why, but i have the strange feeling that hes not rascist??? anyway i remember seeing a interview on the tele-o-vision with 50 cent talking about the game, and im pretty sure he said that whenever he has any ideas for the game the developers are happy to listen :0????? omg plz say they just nod and forget.

Is it just me or are these reviews getting too revolutionary? I mean, if Yahtzee wants us to lead an antisystemic war, he can just ask us :D

Although, awesome racist joke compilation, and good review altogether

kaziard:

Goldbling:

dude i get plenty of stick over my choice in metal though its easy enough to just plug the ear phones in and smile, i am liking this polar opposite though, i r for teh screaming (but definately not screamo damn emo music ruins screaming :@) and the only stuf i dislike is tha rap dance nd techno.

Wich is usually how it is, I accept the fact that I can't change peoples opinion of rap, even though I think there are some songs that people might like

I think the sentence is "........the lazy niggards" niggard is a person who begrudes spending or giving away. Now i dont think im rascist.

This was the most I laughed at any ZP in a long long long time. I couldn't stop through out the video and the ending just blew me to the floor (though I couldn't help remembering a certain South Park episode). :D :D :D :D :D :D

12/10!!!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 17 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 67419)