I started a petition to make Eggette a canon Sonic character: what do you think?

Eggette is a recent booming fan character based on an upside down sprite of Eggman from Sonic Mania. I was wondering what the Escapist community thought about me petitioning a game corporation to make a fan character canon. Good idea? Bad? Don't care? Thoughts?

https://www.change.org/p/sega-have-sega-recognize-eggette-as-a-canon-character-in-the-sonic-the-hedgehog-universe

I don't understand why this even need a petition, Sega would be dumb not to jump on this! They keep making new character that people, frankly, do not care about. Here fan are going out of there way to make one, they an make a DLC for mania with her in it and people will buy the game in groove. Since its also based on there original asset they don't even have to worry about any legal issue.

Meiam:
I don't understand why this even need a petition, Sega would be dumb not to jump on this! They keep making new character that people, frankly, do not care about. Here fan are going out of there way to make one, they an make a DLC for mania with her in it and people will buy the game in groove. Since its also based on there original asset they don't even have to worry about any legal issue.

Parodies are copyright-protected and this would qualify as a parody. They need only get permission and considering it is a Sonic fan who made it, that should be easy.

Yeah.... they'll never do it.
And its not a parody, not really. Its just a sprite. Their sprite. That someone else created an entirely new character out of. It'd be like Bioware making Marauder Shields an actual character.

Not happening.

Silentpony:
Yeah.... they'll never do it.
And its not a parody, not really. Its just a sprite. Their sprite. That someone else created an entirely new character out of. It'd be like Bioware making Marauder Shields an actual character.

Not happening.

Sega, the company that hired multiple Sonic modders and hackers to make their latest, wildly successful Sonic the Hedgehog game, would never do it?

Hard for me to even near that 0%, let alone an improbability. Considering the fact they made tons of money the last time they listened to the community and their highly self-aware memetic social media account, I am pretty sure there are decent odds a few Sega workers could put a good word in about the Sonic fandom's idea.

Huh, a gaming petition being used for good.

Might as well sign it.

altnameJag:
Huh, a gaming petition being used for good.

Might as well sign it.

Thankya fam. I am hopeful some day I will be able to purcahse a Sega-made Eggette plush alongside a game focused all around Eggette when this is all over. I wonder how her style would differ from Eggman's.

source

Looking at that source page on Sonic Stadium the internet is really taking to this character, isn't it ( or a hand full of people at least )? All those pieces of fan art in the article, kind of makes me wish Sega would pick this up, it seems like it could fit in well.

I have decided to sign basically just by looking at the fan art.

Would be neat if Sonic Mania were able to add her as a DLC boss or something, considering Sonic Mania is a "fan game" and all that.

That's Katie from Seconds.

McMarbles:
That's Katie from Seconds.

May I have pictures for reference?

Here you go.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/516UuSZGGfL._SX378_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

OK, animesqe girl with spiky red hair is pretty much the only similarity but she's the first one I thought of.

That's just so fucking awesome! Yeah, I totally support this....I doubt Sega would do it but if there's even a chance it's worth trying :)

Kinda ironic seeing how people hated the addational characters added past 3.

As for me, I'm ok for it since at least it's NOT a new character on team Sonic side. Yes I know there has been plenty of new villains but I have taken a shine for her.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here