EA has bought Respawn Entertainment

As of today Respawn Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidary of Electronic Arts.

Place
Your
Bets

Welp, so much for Titanfall 3!! XD

And Titanfall 2's singleplayer was really good. Unfortunately for them they had the gall to make it linear.

Imma bet next time round it'll be open world or some shit.

Aerosteam:
And Titanfall 2's singleplayer was really good. Unfortunately for them they had the gall to make it linear.

"next time around" Lol...

To paraphrase my favorite sci-fi alien species here, *ahem*:

"We are [EA]. Lower your [expectations] and surrender your [IPs]. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your [development teams] and [hardware and software resources] to our own. Resistance is futile."

Xprimentyl:

Aerosteam:

?next time around? Lol?

To paraphrase my favorite sci-fi alien species here, *ahem*:

?We are [EA]. Lower your [expectations] and surrender your [IPs]. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your [development teams] and [hardware and software resources] to our own. Resistance is futile.?

Oh man. That paraphrasing was awesome. Really made me chuckle. Thanks! Nice one!

On Topic:
Too bad about EA being EA by continuing to behave like EA though. Please, stop being so ..so..EA.

They werent already owned by EA? I mean, yeah EA is terrible but uh, Titanfall was already published by EA both times.

Xprimentyl:

Oh, Titanfall 3 is going to happen. It's just going to be infested with lootboxes. In fact, you'll have to open a lootbox before you can start any multiplayer match. Also, no single player campaign.

Captain Marvelous:

Xprimentyl:

Oh, Titanfall 3 is going to happen. It's just going to be infested with lootboxes. In fact, you'll have to open a lootbox before you can start any multiplayer match. Also, no single player campaign.

You mean like Titanfall 1?

13-18 months, then they will be gutted. $500.

Captain Marvelous:

Xprimentyl:

No no, they won't be that blatant, They'll pull an Activision and make you sign into a multiplayer lobby social space where you'll have an energy bar like mobile games only allowing you to play a certain number of matches per day, and if you want to refill that bar early you will need to watch other people open loot boxes.

Captain Marvelous:

Is it still considered 'infested' if it's a core part of the game and they build the game around it? Lootbox: Titanfall 3 Edition.

I'll take "eight months" in the pool.

I loved the hell out of the Titanfall games. After seeing what EA did to Battlefront 2 though, I think my head canon needs to declare the series as officially over immediately before whatever abomination called Titanfall 3 is announced.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here