An actual "Communist" game to trigger the GG/right wing crowd?

Pages PREV 1 2 3

The Lunatic:
Was it likely the investors would pull if they got that kinda bad press? Yes.

Blame it to the investors then. That's the people outside the gaming audience that videogame companies are trying to please instead of gamers.

CaitSeith:

The Lunatic:
Was it likely the investors would pull if they got that kinda bad press? Yes.

Blame it to the investors then. That's the people outside the gaming audience that videogame companies are trying to please instead of gamers.

I think one can blame the fickle, out of touch goodwill of the investors just as much as the people deliberately trying to use those investors to torpedo what they personally consider "deplorable".

Both of these people may very well be outside of the gaming audience.

Combustion Kevin:

gyrobot:

If thats the case we can applaud Kotaku for nearly killing Japanese Culture being exported overseas.

That said. If Takaki and all those B Devs can get away with it. Why aside from Wayforward there arent B Devs who smugly give a subtle middle finger to Kotaku?

Not everyone can afford it, sadly.

OT: Smithnikov, c'mere man, Gamergate is over, they can't hurt you anymore.
Just... come here, hug it out bro, hug it out, it's okay.

Well Tamsoft is a b dev and they do find drawing exploitive designs. The press dont even bother to crucify them

Ot: Once they ave a bigot in imageboard or 4chanwalk moment they can never recover from the trauma of the event.

Smithnikov:

runic knight:

Smithnikov:

Wellp, I figured if some colored hair college age SJW nitwits with a tumblr indicates a massive tide of censorship, then...

Your comparison would probably hold more water if that "colored hair college age SJW nitwits with a tumblr" wasn't often also a writer for a media publication, or some media personality promoted and shielded from criticism by the clique there. Just because you don't like gamergate doesn't mean everyone who says something you dislike is part of it. You've been caught and called out for outright lying about such things before, I would have thought you'd be more restrained in your baseless claims as a result.

And just because the right wing doesn't like SJW's and cuckolds doesn't mean anything who says something they don't like is a cuckold and an SJW.

That hasn't stopped them from branding me with that right on my butt, though.

So what's it going to be?

Your argument is really going to be "someone else did it, so I can too"?

Ok, I'll explain this to you for what feels like the hundredth time.

SJW is not a group you join or participate in, nor one that accepts your or rejects you as a general consensus, it is an insulting label applied to you in the same way someone might be called a "radical", and often with the same sort of scorn and disdain. Considering the definition of an SJW is a label applied to those who's behavior and tactics in the name of their political ideals online are reminiscent of a keyboard warrior, and your own history is littered with multiple examples of outright fabricating stories in order to push your personal agenda against gamergate, to say nothing of this outright "they did it first" level of childish justification, your position would be far, far better supported by not using yourself as a counter-example there.

With regard to "cuckold", I don't know your sexual kinks, I don't want to know them, so I can't say if it suits you or not. I can say that much like calling someone a "mother fucker" though, chances are it is pure insult when applied to you, not an honestly assessed claim about your sexual preferences to having your partner have sex with someone else.

With regard to the overall though, What percentage of those in the games journalism field or supporting them that are calling for censorship of games like DoA or Dragon's Crown are the, as you put it, "college age SJW nitwits with a tumblr"? About how common of a correlation is that? I've have given it a quick look at who supported those efforts and there seems to be a bit of a pattern there. It is relatively commonplace from what I have seen, but I am open to a more extensive investigation there. Hell, something as simple as putting out a survey of "who wants these sexist games censored" that asks their age, gender, education level, and what social media they have. Given tumblr's habit of bumrushing "offensive" content like a steven universe character drawn less fat than a particular fan thinks they should be, I am not expecting my assessment to be shown wrong, but never say I am not open to that possibility to someone willing to put the work in to test it thoroughly.

Now compare the percentage of people in gamergate who are right wing? Good news, this time we already have an investigation. Chart from one previous investigation here.

Turns out, the vast, vast majority of them are NOT right-leaning. They are just anti-authoritarian. I am sorry if you can't understand that being opposed to authoritarian liberalism is not the same thing as being right-wing, but that is the case.

You continued ignoring of that after it have been explained and shown dozens if not hundreds of times to you now, well, lets just say that that is exactly the sort of behavior that would be called out for being SJW.

----

Back to the thread topic for a moment, since this does relate.

You want a game that would "trigger" the GG crowd? Problem is, because they are all over the place politically, you wont get most of them with whatever you pick. At best you could pick something authoritarian right to oppose the greatest number of them, but then you hit your head against an obvious natural flaw with your entire way of thinking. GG, even the core, most numerous librarian left, generally doesn't care what games you make or play outside of laughing at it, or in response to virtue-signaling creators trying to make a statement (often because their game can't stand on its own without controversy).

At the end of the day, the worst I can see th majority of gamergate doing to a game it doesn't like is laughing at it and mocking it. Like what they did with the latest mass effect. Or Wu's attempted game. Or the various other examples.

Action speaks louder than charts. Supporting Micheal Savage and Gavin McGinnis speaks far more than an abstract image.

runic knight:

You want a game that would "trigger" the GG crowd? Problem is, because they are all over the place politically

/pol/ went on a tirade against State of Decay, so that one worked.

Farcry 5 did a pretty good job of that.

Gone Home really did a number on them too.

So did Wolfenstien The New Colossus.

Come to think of it, so did Battlefield Hardline, another first person shooter no less.

GG, even the core, most numerous librarian left, generally doesn't care what games you make or play outside of laughing at it, or in response to virtue-signaling creators trying to make a statement (often because their game can't stand on its own without controversy).

Fag-Killer got a pass. Farcry 5 didn't. Tells me all I need right there.

At the end of the day, the worst I can see th majority of gamergate doing to a game it doesn't like is laughing at it and mocking it.

For getting it edited. See Farcry 5 again.

Smithnikov:
Action speaks louder than charts. Supporting Micheal Savage and Gavin McGinnis speaks far more than an abstract image.

You want a game that would "trigger" the GG crowd? Problem is, because they are all over the place politically

[/quote]

All I saw on the archive for state of decay was a bunch of silly articles about doom. I would love to see the exact thread that you got the altrightwalk moment from.

Smithnikov:

No, it really doesn't as people are not rigid individuals defined wholly by a political position. People are not the sad projected caricatures you seem to think they are. Someone can be supported for being correct on one issue while being scorned for being wrong on another.

Hell, of the few points you have tried to raise to demonize gamergate that weren't entirely manufactured or distorted reality itself to claim, things like "gamergate supported Milo", they fall prey to your failing to address this still. Support of someone for one issue is not a whole-sale support of them and their every thought and position. Considering how many male feminist allies in the media you have sided with against gamergate that have been revealed as outright sexual predators, I would have assumed that you most of all would know the value of that distinction.

Honestly, this sort of poisoning of the well is worthless, but it seems that is all you have to justify your irrational vendetta against a group who had some people loosely associated to it call you names.

runic knight:

Farcry 5 did a pretty good job of that.

Gone Home really did a number on them too.

So did Wolfenstien The New Colossus.

Come to think of it, so did Battlefield Hardline, another first person shooter no less.

Really? I don't recall any of them being something GG as an entity, or even just a majority, went against. I recall some people in GG laughing and meming games like gone home as terrible, laughing at the SJW turn-around on farcry when it was revealed to not be the white conservative mass murder simulator the SJW first cheered it as, and generally lamenting the fall in storytelling that was Wolfenstien. Closest I can think of is something related to a media connection to the creator of gone home and the suspicious nature of promotion or some award or something relating to what gamergate was about in the first place: Ethics in game journalism. But the funny thing is, as gamers in general, they were going to be doing that anyways, without needing to be related to gamergate. Almost like gamergate was made up of just a bunch of gamers and gamers like to discuss games and laugh at shitty ones or something.

But yet again you are making the same fallacy you always make in assuming "a person associated with gamergate" is the same thing as gamergate itself. You've been corrected on this blatantly dishonest assertion so many times there is no excuse, so please stop repeating it. You only justify those that called you SJW when you do things defined as SJW behavior.

GG, even the core, most numerous librarian left, generally doesn't care what games you make or play outside of laughing at it, or in response to virtue-signaling creators trying to make a statement (often because their game can't stand on its own without controversy).

Fag-Killer got a pass. Farcry 5 didn't. Tells me all I need right there.

What the hell was Fag-killer?

Also, no, you are using the previous lie about "gamergate" based on a repeatedly addressed fallacy you continue to dishonestly assert to justify what is itself another example of, quite frankly, extremist mentality.

People who supported gamergate laughed and mocked farcry, a game every gamer heard about because it was promote by the media and was a well known franchise, because of many reasons. They didn't talk about a game no one heard about and the media didn't address because no one talked about it or heard about it, and it wasn't a major franchise by a major company.

Your complaint here is no different than someone going "I know all I need to know about christianity because they called out the catholic-Protestant violence, but didn't say anything about the chinese killing dissidents" It is disingenuous in the first place, and transparently justifying your biases after the fact. Gamergate didn't make any statement about farcry because the collective whole didn't have one uniform position in the first place. And they likely would not have had one about fag-killer for the same reason, even if anyone knew what the hell it was at the time.

One thing I did note though is that despite all the mocking and the discussion about farcry, one thing I never once saw was people demanding the game not be made. Fans wanting things fixed or changed, sure. Fans deciding to not buy the game based on decisions made yeah. Neither of those were ever "gamergate" though, as they were from just fans in general there. But no one demanding the game itself not be made or that companies like steam not release it. Been a while, I could of course be wrong, but I still don't recall that happening at the time.

What did you expect gamergate as a collective whole, to do in response to what must have been a blatant politicized 1-man shitshow project like fag-killer anyways? At best they would have mocked it. They sure weren't going to demand it not be made. So what is the point of complaint here really?

At the end of the day, the worst I can see th majority of gamergate doing to a game it doesn't like is laughing at it and mocking it.

For getting it edited. See Farcry 5 again.

Well, for the SJW turnaround on liking it to disliking it, for the stupidity of many aspects of it, for the hilarity of the some character, etc. Lot of reasons, and surprise surprise, not all people had the same reason or even opinion on the game. Your entire position is based on an outright lie at this point that you keep building on top of to justify your position of hating gamergate, a group that you have mentally crafted into a boogieman of far-right politics, and every time it is explained why you are wrong, why your justification is garbage, and why your reasoning is fallacious, you double down and repeat yourself and show everyone exactly why they should not listen to you.

Finally, given you dropped it entirely, I want to know if you accept that gamergate is not right-wing now that it has been addressed and demonstrated.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here