"#NotNolan" - Contrived #MeToo Bandwagoning Hits Gaming

Pages PREV 1 2

altnameJag:
Eh, she was talking about the alt-right killing people, not GamerGate. Did call GamerGate "proto-alt-right", but IIRC that was when Bannon was trying to claim them too.

Let's be kid-gloveless. I'm pretty sure the members of the Escapist are mature enough to spot the imperfections in the movement they supported when it's called out. The emotional drive involved and the size of the movement made it a probabilistic inevitability that it had members with much less than clean background and much more sinister motives.

CaitSeith:

Let's be kid-gloveless. I'm pretty sure the members of the Escapist are mature enough to spot the imperfections in the movement they supported when it's called out. The emotional drive involved and the size of the movement made it a probabilistic inevitability that it had members with much less than clean background and much more sinister motives.

You'd hope so, but the "social justice" movement is very resistant to critical self-examination.

StatusNil:

CaitSeith:

You'd hope so, but the "social justice" movement is very resistant to critical self-examination.

So are some members of GamerGate still, as you so glaringly made clear.

StatusNil:

Smithnikov:

So are some members of GamerGate still, as you so glaringly made clear.

While we are at it, why don't we all just blame our mothers? It would be as constructive as this discussion to Nowhere Land (and we could at least share some good mother jokes).

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here