PS PLUS: Tell me I'm not seeing this

So, within the last two years, I could turn on my PS4, 2xPS3s and Vita and once a month, download free games. Then I could only download to one PS3 at a time. Now it appears one device only, at a time. And I have to take an extra step to download a PS3 game. Sure, I select it and own it but have to take an extra step to say, "yes, download the thing!"

Hope this is only temporary.

I always thought it was account based and you could download it to as many Playstations as you wanted

On a sort of related note, have the free games been shitty these past few months, or is it just me? granted I'm only a PS3 so maybe the PS4 and Vita titles are better, but I don't think I've even downloaded one of the games since freaking March

You're not seeing this.

DrownedAmmet:
I always thought it was account based and you could download it to as many Playstations as you wanted

On a sort of related note, have the free games been shitty these past few months, or is it just me? granted I'm only a PS3 so maybe the PS4 and Vita titles are better, but I don't think I've even downloaded one of the games since freaking March

I can still download to every Sony game station I own but unlike the recent past, I can only download to one at a time. PIA.

PS4 is getting the worst of it. As it is the newest console, it has the smallest library to reach back into. It does seem like a reasonably lame month over all. Odd, only one of any real interest to me this month is on the PS4: Gone to the Rapture. PS3 got Dirt 3, which I already got BC on XB1 and 360.

Gorfias:
PS4 is getting the worst of it. As it is the newest console, it has the smallest library to reach back into.

I think It's more that the NA and EU region that got the short end of the stick than, overall PS4 got the worst though. But IT's true that the PS4 will need more time to finally get good Free Games.

NA and EU Got : Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and The Deadly Tower of Monsters
Japan got : Grim Fandango and Gone Home
Asia Got : Saints Row 4, Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend, Rapture and Pump BMX

Kaimax:

Gorfias:
PS4 is getting the worst of it. As it is the newest console, it has the smallest library to reach back into.

I think It's more that the NA and EU region that got the short end of the stick than, overall PS4 got the worst though. But IT's true that the PS4 will need more time to finally get good Free Games.

NA and EU Got : Everybody?s Gone to the Rapture and The Deadly Tower of Monsters
Japan got : Grim Fandango and Gone Home
Asia Got : Saints Row 4, Blazblue Chronophantasma Extend, Rapture and Pump BMX

Odd as heck that different regions got different games. On that list, Saints Row 4 is likely the best. I already had it on Steam. I did not have the Gat goes to Hell already so getting that in the US was a plus.

Aggravating that we need Gold and + just to play online. I suppose the games are just a bonus. Might was well appreciate that we get them at all.

Gorfias:
Odd as heck that different regions got different games.

From what I've read from searching the internet, the reasons regions sometimes have different free games is because constraints on the Publisher side rather than Sony's.

So from what I can understand, if different regions got the same game, then it never had any problem with the publisher for each region. Vise versa for when Different games appears on different regions.
Everyone got Resident Evil for October 2016, but Asia got Lords of the Fallen instead of Transformers. While Europe and NA already got Lords of the fallen for September 2016. Japan got Tricky Towers with RE/Biohazard.

DrownedAmmet:

Not just you. This month's game for ps4 is "Everyone's Gone to the Rapture". The sales we had during the summer were abysmal while EU was getting stuff like Persona 4 Golden.

Annnnd now it is December. Both PS+ and Xbox 1 are having a miserable month.

Maybe because they don't want gamers to have something fun unless they buy it as the holidays are upon us.

Gorfias:
Annnnd now it is December. Both PS+ and Xbox 1 are having a miserable month.

Maybe because they don't want gamers to have something fun unless they buy it as the holidays are upon us.

Kinda hope they both fail. They have almost completely abandoned what made a console actually worth buying. The only reason I would want the XB1 to maybe get by is so the Master Chief Collection servers won't get shut down. It's literally the only game worth buying on that console for me.

Arnoxthe1:

Kinda hope they both fail. They have almost completely abandoned what made a console actually worth buying. The only reason I would want the XB1 to maybe get by is so the Master Chief Collection servers won't get shut down. It's literally the only game worth buying on that console for me.

Mine came with that downloadable and it is spectacular.

If I had a gun to my head and could have only one gaming device, it would be a gaming class PC but I have a big house with kids so for $300 (+$105 for a 3 TB external drive) for a device that plays games like a $900 PC, it's a good deal, fun, and allows for multiplayer in ways I don't think a PC will (games like NBA which the boy loves... would I need multiple receivers to play that on a PC?) Games Anywhere is a great deal too. I got Forza Horizon 3 and can play on my PC or the boy and friends play on the XB1. And it looks amazing on a 55" LED.

But dang they have a huge library to offer better than we are getting from monthly subscriptions (which largely don't exist on PC). We got nothing this month.

1st time, I just saw PS2 games are now on PS4's store and I thought, "how quaint. 3 for $10?" Nope. They want about $20 per freaking 15 year old game!

I just got Resident Evil 6 for PC on sale: $7.50. Game and price wise, Consoles gotta catch up!

EDIT: Sorry to necro this but I think it relevant: It is now March. I believe there has been 1 game in the last 1/4 I thought kind of cool to get (Project Cars) and as I have Forza Horizon 3 already, not that excited about it. All sorts of hate for the Switch allowing for games that are only rentals from its monthly DL service but at this rate, if they're good games, that's a bargain. I understand Xbox is coming up with a monthly service that will make 100s of games available like EAs monthly gaming account. Maybe there is just too much reason for the companies to not offer great free dl content anymore. Unfortunate.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked