Twitch chat comparisons between male and female streamers

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

inmunitas:

You do seem to be implying that there is only one acceptable way to stream on Twitch and that is the format seen in those screen caps, which is simply not true.

He isn't saying that "serious streamers" are "the only acceptable way to stream" he's using the phrase "serious streamers" to exclusively refer to people who operate channels where the focus is on the game. He's using the phrase as a synonym to describe something else, using fewer words.

You, like the other guy, are getting tripped up because the phrase "serious streamer" conjures up images in your mind of the whole "fake gamer girl" thing. This is not that. Do not get confused. Read the words carefully.

Houseman:

inmunitas:

You do seem to be implying that there is only one acceptable way to stream on Twitch and that is the format seen in those screen caps, which is simply not true.

He isn't saying that "serious streamers" are "the only acceptable way to stream" he's using the phrase "serious streamers" to exclusively refer to people who operate channels where the focus is on the game. He's using the phrase as a synonym to describe something else, using fewer words.

You, like the other guy, are getting tripped up because the phrase "serious streamer" conjures up images in your mind of the whole "fake gamer girl" thing. This is not that. Do not get confused. Read the words carefully.

It's an issue of "seeing what they want to see". Instead of actually addressing the question at hand and the points I've made (if not in perfect terms), they merely pick on words and phrases and attack that instead.

Ever seen Tropic Thunder. The quote, "What do you mean 'You People?'" comes to mind. Picking out terms like "serious streamer" or "Fake gamer girl" (the latter of which I never said) instead of just addressing the question, just shows how right I actually am, yet if anyone admitted it, it might rob someone of their "victimhood" and we just can't have that now can we?

Let me be perfectly clear, since I'm already getting crucified for my opinions anyway. I'm gonna give you guys a real doozey.

"Serious Streamers" focus their stream on the gameplay not their bodies. PERIOD. This girls that have streams of 90% them and 10% game (of which they hardly even touch during the stream), are not VIDEO GAME streamers. They are Sex Cam Girls that don't have the guts to do it for real. There I said it. That's the truth of the matter. These girls use their bodies to exploit their audience for money, but they don't have the moral fortitude to do it on a legit cam-girl site. What they do is bullshit, and manipulative, and if their chatrooms wanna talk shit then they deserve it. And furthermore, these girls are completely OKAY with it! That's why they do it, they found a way to basically strip without actually having to strip, and still make money off of it because they can feed of the sexual desperation of boys who aren't old enough or don't have the means to pay by the minute on a legit cam-chat site.

And you know something? More power to these girls! There is nothing wrong with doing this if that is what they want to do. But they aren't "Victims" of their chat. They are grown adults (I fucking hope) and have made the decision to do this, and whatever consequences come of it, themselves.

So suck on those opinions. Ya'll already hate me anyway.

CritialGaming:

Houseman:

inmunitas:

It's an issue of "seeing what they want to see". Instead of actually addressing the question at hand and the points I've made (if not in perfect terms), they merely pick on words and phrases and attack that instead.

Ever seen Tropic Thunder. The quote, "What do you mean 'You People?'" comes to mind. Picking out terms like "serious streamer" or "Fake gamer girl" (the latter of which I never said) instead of just addressing the question, just shows how right I actually am, yet if anyone admitted it, it might rob someone of their "victimhood" and we just can't have that now can we?

Let me be perfectly clear, since I'm already getting crucified for my opinions anyway. I'm gonna give you guys a real doozey.

"Serious Streamers" focus their stream on the gameplay not their bodies. PERIOD. This girls that have streams of 90% them and 10% game (of which they hardly even touch during the stream), are not VIDEO GAME streamers. They are Sex Cam Girls that don't have the guts to do it for real. There I said it. That's the truth of the matter. These girls use their bodies to exploit their audience for money, but they don't have the moral fortitude to do it on a legit cam-girl site. What they do is bullshit, and manipulative, and if their chatrooms wanna talk shit then they deserve it. And furthermore, these girls are completely OKAY with it! That's why they do it, they found a way to basically strip without actually having to strip, and still make money off of it because they can feed of the sexual desperation of boys who aren't old enough or don't have the means to pay by the minute on a legit cam-chat site.

And you know something? More power to these girls! There is nothing wrong with doing this if that is what they want to do. But they aren't "Victims" of their chat. They are grown adults (I fucking hope) and have made the decision to do this, and whatever consequences come of it, themselves.

So suck on those opinions. Ya'll already hate me anyway.

My point was that Twitch allows for multiple formats, the fullscreen game with optional "face cam" may be one of the more popular formats, but it isn't the be-all-end-all of "serious streamers". Nevermind how rather senseless your suggestion is, that by simply showing a bit of cleavage female Twitch streamers are some how in direct competition with adult websites for traffic and income.

The OP has been suspended and this thread is starting to be derailed, gonna go ahead and put a lock on this before it gets any worse.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked